“Great Hotel...”

Ranked #30 of 117 Hotels in Beirut
Calgary, Canada
“Great Hotel...”
Reviewed 21 December 2010

This is a great hotel in a trendier area of Beirut. We stay at this hotel at least 15 times a year. As an SPG Platinum member, I am, however, disappointed with how they usually treat me. I never seem to get my welcome card, an upgrade or the treatment a frequent guest should get, or gets at most other SPG hotels. I have tried reminding them, but it never seems to work so I don't even bother anymore. With that being said, the hotel is surprisingly good for a Four Points. The restaurant is decent, although pricey, they offer a buffet for breakfast as well as hot items to order. The small roof top is great in the summer and features an infinity pool... once again, small. The gym... small, but includes free weights, treadmill and an elliptical. The rooms are great. They're spacious, beds are great, excellent decor and bathrooms are excellent. The overall decor of the hotel is very neat, kind of a W, Westin and Meridien cross. All in all this hotel won't disappoint... your welcome might not be as it should, but as long as everything goes smooth, it won't be a problem. The lounge, rooftop and restaurant staff are all very good. This is my favorite hotel in an amazing city. It's relatively close to the airport and it's in a quieter area, but still offers decent restaurants and shopping nearby. The rest can easily be reached via taxi. I really wish they'd install wireless internet... that should be a given these days, once again a minor detail for an otherwise great hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
GMLeVerdun, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Le Verdun, responded to this review, 23 December 2010
Hi flyer351,

Thank you for posting your comments about the Four Points by Sheraton Le Verdun, on TripAdvisor.
I am concerned about your comments regarding your treatment as an SPG Platinum member, as we are doing our outmost to fullfill the promises of the worldclass acclaimed Starwood Preferred Guest Program.
I will really appreciate if you would take the time to contact me directly via email, on thomas.flindt@sheraton.com, and likewise I look forward to meeting you on your next visit, to ensure that we live up to our promises.
It is with great pleasure that I will share all of your other comments about the property and the service with all associates - thank you.
We are working on a solution for the wireless intenet in the entire hotel, and I do hope that I will be able to share the good news about wireless internet in a not too distant future. Until then, you will be able to use the wireless internet, currently available in the lobby, the bar and the restaurant.
Looking forward to hearing from you, wishing you a very merry Christmas and a Peaceful and Prosperous 2011.

Sincerely yours
Thomas F.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
rome
Reviewed 8 November 2010

Location of the hotel is very good , close to the shopping centers ,old town , easy access to many business locations.Rooms are spacious ,very clean ,nice decorated .Bathrooms very nice too.Pretty pool on the top.Staff was really friendly , housekeeping staff very good, breakfast rich .Internet access free.
I will stay again , worth its money.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
GMLeVerdun, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Le Verdun, responded to this review, 9 November 2010
Hi Danielafaresi,

WOW - thank you for the delightful comments, they are being shared with all involved associates.
You taking the time to post your comments are really appreciated.
Have a great day, and look forward to welcoming you back

Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 14 September 2010

The Four Points was a nice hotel in a pretty good location. We were there for three nights in September and had a very pleasant stay. The rooftop pool was small but the view from the roof was great and there never seemed to be too many people up there. The beach is in walking distance. The restaurant was expensive for breakfast, but one block away there is a Costa Coffee and two blocks away there is The Dunes Mall with a nice cafe and a great Sushi Restaurant, (I know, who goes to Beirut for Sushi?)! To get downtown you need to take a taxi but they are everywhere, so no problem!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
GMLeVerdun, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Le Verdun, responded to this review, 15 September 2010
HI lov2travel49,

We are grateful, that you have taken the time to post your positive comments.
For your next visit we will be happy to offer you a competitive price that includes our great breakfast.
Thanks again lov2travel49, and have a great day

Yours truyly
Leszno, Poland
Reviewed 3 August 2010

I stayed 3 nights here with my wife and we were expecting rude staff and other unpleasant things based on other reviews but we were very positively surprised since we encountered friendly and helpful staff and overall a well functioning hotel and fairly good restaurant as well. Rooms have lots of amenities - in fact more than normal in this class. Our only negative comment is that the person who designed the rooms should be punished as the decor and connection of colours and shapes is absolutely horrible.
The rooftop contains a pool and a restaurant. The pool water was too cold in our opinion. All in all (despite the decor), I can recommend this hotel as good and well functioning.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Per H
GMLeVerdun, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Le Verdun, responded to this review, 16 August 2010
Dear PHansen,

Thank you for posting your nice comments about our staff, we appreciate you taking the time to let others know of your positive experience.

with very best regards
Jordan
Reviewed 7 July 2010

(+ )The hotel staff are very professional, welcoming and very helpful (5 star sevice).
Breakfast buffet is rich in choices and service is great.
Gym small but OK
Roof top overlooks Beirut and sea with nice small pool.
Rooms are spacious and clean with comfortable beds and free self service tea and coffee in room .
Close to shopping and entertainment spots.

(-)Asked for non smoking rooms but they turned out to be smelly (moldy smell!) and with showers only. Had to accept the smoking rooms(211-204) but suffered from smoke smell all through our stay probably from adjacent rooms through the vent system!
Towels need to be renewed as they seem to be over used (but still clean).
Prices too expensive may be due to the time of our visit (double of what was on offer six months ago!).
Pity that you pay for parking services on top of room rates!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
GMLeVerdun, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Le Verdun, responded to this review, 9 July 2010
Hi Mr. & Mrs. Cameltamer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Four Points by Sheraton Le Verdun.
I am delighted to see that you overall enjoyed your stay, our services and also very pleased about your positive comments on the staff attitude and behavior, which is exactly what we strive to offer.
I am very sad to learn that we could not offer you a proper non-smoking room.
And although it cannot change your experience, I am happy to inform you, that we are in the process of adding additional non-smoking inventory and expect to have appr. 30% of our rooms as non-smoking, before year end.
In regards to price, there are certain times of the year - Summer, Eid and New Year most significantly, where Beirut is in high demand, and hence the difference, compared to other times of the year.
Mr. & Mrs Cameltamer, please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of further assistance, hopefully in the not too distant future, if your travels should bring you back to Beirut

Sincerely Yours

GB
Reviewed 6 July 2010

Was kind of apprehensive about staying at a 4 points as I know this is generally a lesser and cheaper version of the Sheraton and my general experience of Sheratons have not been great. We stayed here because all our friends were and we also got an excellent rate plus it was close to a friend's home.

Overall I was surprise. Rooms were clean and spacious and generally well proportioned. Housekeeping staff were excellent and asked a number of times if everything was good. I found them polite and well mannered. Be careful to request a non smoking room if you don't smoke. We did not and the first room we got was really smelly of cigars but they moved us to another room straightaway.

Ok - it was not luxury or fancy in anyway but if you are just after a nice place to stay as you will be out the whole time anyway... this is the perfect place.. price was very reasonable indeed.

My only negative would be the reception staff who completely ignored me and only spoke and dealt with my husband. They were super poiite to him during check in/out but I was kind of treated as a lesser individual! Not sure why? Maybe because my passport still had my maiden name but I thought Lebanon was more liberal. The front desk staff did not look at me once. They actually answered my husband when I asked them a question. O well.

Would recommend. I think this is a very good business hotel and not bad for a long weekend if you are after functional and good.

Roof top has a great view of Beirut. Not flash or a great place to hang out but good for a drink with friends and to take a look from the top. I think they have a pool here as well but didn't use. Seemed ok.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
GMLeVerdun, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Le Verdun, responded to this review, 16 July 2010
Hi Seaviewasia,

appreciate you taking the time to post your experience at The Four Points by Sheraton Le Verdun.
I am really happy that we were able to positively surprise you, and thank you for your nice comments about our housekeeping staff, which I will happily pass on.

Please do accept my apologies for the way you were treated by the reception staff, I am truly surprised, and rest assured that I have personally addressed this issue with them.

If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know

Thanks again and hope to see you back in Beirut, in a not too distant future

Vienna, VA
Reviewed 8 June 2010

I am a former Starwood Gold Member (business has slowed), so I am very familiar with my different Starwood hotel options. I was disappointed to see that Starwood "only" had a Four Points Sheraton in Lebanon. The one in Verdun and another one on the outskirts of Beirut. From the moment we walked into the hotel, my wife and I were pleasantly surprised. It is a cross between a Le Meridien, a W and a Westin hotel. I do agree, that the front reception could do a better job in being more warm in terms of a greeting and a welcome. However, when after checking in and sharing a little bit of a disappointing feature of my room with reception, he offered to change my room despite being fully booked for the night. After that, we got to a great room with great amenities and a wonderful view. The staff at the rooftop cafe are very nice, and room service was always very willing to help. Actually everyone I spoke with, from housekeeping to room service and engineering were all very helpful. If business opportunities do present themselves in Beirut, this is definitely one of the hotels I would like to continue to stay at.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
GMLeVerdun, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Le Verdun, responded to this review, 11 June 2010
Dear robertjstravels,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay.
It was a pleasure to read your positive comments regarding the associates, and your review has been shared with them. The comment regarding the reception associates is noted as well, and has been addressed.
I do hope we will have the opportunity to host you again, should your business or leisure plans bring you back to Beirut.

Warm regards