“Strong hotel in great area of Beirut”
Review of Casa D'or Hotel

Casa D'or Hotel
Ranked #37 of 113 Hotels in Beirut
Reviewed 10 September 2011

We stayed 6 nights in Casa D'or Hotel in Hamra, Beirut, Lebanon in June 2011. We were completely satisfied with our stay there. The lobby and restaurant area had been recently renovated and looked better than the picture we saw on the internet when we booked. The rooms, although basic, were roomy enough with a small kitchenette and very comfortable. The front desk reception was exceptionally friendly and very helpful all the time. I can't say enough about the front desk personnel. The area the hotel is located in is a great, hip, fashionable area of the city. We would definitely stay there again next time we are in Beirut. .

Room Tip: regular 2 bed room is ok, but we stayed in a 2 room suite for 2 nights and I recommend this room if...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 August 2011

I made a trip to Beirut, and I stayed at the Casa D'or Hotel. It was pretty nice. The location was wonderful right in the middle of Hamra. There are lots of restaurants and bars nearby. The hotel also arranged tours for me to Baalbek and Anjar. The service is was good all around and the breakfast was nice.

As for my room, it was pretty nice. Nothing extravagant, but it did have a fridge and a nice bathroom. The bed was also really comfortable and clean.

For the price it was really excellent.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank less_followed_trails
Reviewed 3 August 2011

I have just returned from a wonderful short say in Beiruit. Stayed at this hotel after much reading on this site and booked for 4 nights. What a lovely hotel with very friendly staff. Especially the two girls on the desk in the morning...they helped with renting a car for two days. The car was droped off at the hotel and picked up two days later (for a fee), could not have been any easier. Our room was lovely and clean 609 (at the back of the hotel) and very quiet. The room was a good size and a very large clean shower! The bed and pillows just fab after a long day zooming around or coming back at 4am ! The hotel is very clean and well maintained. The little elevator is cute, just one person and their bags, but it beats the stairs! The breakfast was included in our room rate and it was very nice, good choice and fresh yummy local produce (love the lebnah). Good high street shops on the main street. Lots of little bars and restraunts nearby. Great place in Hamra to walk about, meet and see the locals living there. Good position to the main part of the city. Loads of cabs around, easy to get to from the airport. We walked to the water, a bit of a way but lovely looking at the buz in the streets. I am a bit of a fussy traveler, dont mind roughing it, but like a clean room when I come back at the end of the day tired and in need of a shower. This hotel fits the bill nicely. You wont be disapointed. Thanks to the lovely staff for making our short stay so wonderful. Until next time....

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel, very quiet, you wont hear the beep beep of the street in fr...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank TweedRiver
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We had two rooms at Casa D"Or Hotel for four nights in July. It was a good experience. The rooms were clean, plenty of closet and drawer space, with a good bathroom and a comfortable bed. It was great to have a fridge in the room. The breakfast was very fresh and tasty. The staff were friendly and helpful, and arranged a fantastic driver (Kalash) for us.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank JRSinYokohama
Reviewed 21 July 2011

We stayed here after staying in Byblos for 3 nights in a 3*. I wanted to stay in Hamra, as we would be sightseeing in the morning and in the evening we wouldn't have to take a taxi to have dinner or shop since the street is full of everything.

I initially was going to stay in the Cavalier (a 3* in Hamra), which I did last year, and was very good, but they had hiked their prices to 100USD and for only 20 USD more I could stay in a 4*. So I did and booked Casa D'Or.

Rooms are very clean, bathroom clean but has faint musty smell (I am very sensitive to that smell!). They have a fridge and a mini kitchenette, but no safe in the rooms. Only by the reception.

Breakfast was very good, the beds were also very comfy.

We ordered in room service one night, and to my surprise it was amazing as well as reasonably priced! Score!

Overall, I would go again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2011

This is not my first experience in Casa d or .I stayed there some six years ago with my daughters and had a wonderfull time .i repeated the experience this year and i equally enjoyed my stay ,this time with my mother
Casa d or maintained its high standard of service ,the cleanliness the helpfullness of the staff ,we were truly pampered and that made our stay in lebanon a happy one
thank you to the staff and the management

Room Tip: try to get a high floor room or rear of the buildm
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2011

We stayed at the Casa D'or last May and we had a really good time. We hired a car there and the hotel provides a vallet service at the hotel door so you just don´t worry about parking. There are good choices of tv channels, the food served at the hotel is superb and all the people working were always kind and helpfull.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple