“Bad service and sound isolation”
Review of Bella Riva

Bella Riva
Ranked #53 of 116 Hotels in Beirut
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Sound isolation is terrible and super bad from next rooms and from the road, you will definitely risk your sleep.
I needed to call room service five times to get the standard cotton shoes that should be already there. And I needed to call them three times to get water.
Also, room service didn't renew the shampoo and other bath stuff when they cleaned.
Although hotel price is high compared to the hotel level and city, they made me pay for the water!! I think they made the hotel to host desert lizards or camels that don't need to drink water. And the reception didn't mention that I have to pay for water when I checked in, they made is a surprise when I checked out.
I'm sure there are many hotels where you get better return on your money than this hotel.
Additionally, I called to ask about a place to visit, they said they will call back but never got a call from them.

However, breakfast is good, location is excellent and staff are nice.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Hadi A, General Manager at Bella Riva, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2014

Dear Mr. Mutaz Q,

I would like to thank you first for staying in the Bella Riva Hotel and for sharing your feedback about your experience.

I'm sorry to know that your stay with us was not up to your expectations and would like to assure you that the troubles you faced do not reflect our hotel standards.

Your comments are of high importance to us and they are well received, actions have been taken already.

Once again I would like to apologize for the inconveniences that you have faced, and it will be a pleasure for us to serve you once again.

Please feel free to contact me directly should I be of any assistance.

There are newer reviews for Bella Riva

Reviewed 4 August 2014

i enjoyed the good location of the hotel since the view is mainly the sea, staff is friendly especially mr. ibrahim he was our guide to good places in the city they provided us with wifi service for free it had some problems but in general is good

Room Tip: always ask for the high floor room to give you the required good view of the sea
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Location,WiFi internet,Value of money and room space were good.Taxi rates provided by hotel were good.service and cleanness were average.
Bathroom and towels need improvement.
Food just acceptable.
No microwave in kitchen.

• Stayed: July 2014
Hadi A, General Manager at Bella Riva, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear Mr. Ahmad,

Let me first seize the opportunity to thank you for taking the time and sharing your thoughts about our hotel!

I'm happy to know that you were satisfied with our free Wifi service, location and value..

I would like to apologize if you were not pleased with our towels, noting that we regularly change the sets to present our guests with fresh and clean amenities. I will certainly follow-up on the matter to see what went wrong.

We will surely take your comments regarding our food and microwave into consideration, and we always welcome your suggestions.

Once again, thank you for choosing our hotel during your last trip to Beirut, and hope to see you again in our property. Please feel free to contact me should you I be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

It's a very affordable hotel, some of the staff are friendly but some of them has nothing to do with hotel management , during our check out, we told the reception that the rooms are dirty , the receptionist told us "so you mean i am dirty" and then he said "you can go to a higher price hotel if u want" that was unacceptable with a customer.

Stayed: June 2014
Hadi A, General Manager at Bella Riva, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Mr./Mrs. Abdeljawad,

Let me first thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience you had in our hotel.

I'm happy to know that our prices suited you and that most of our staff were up to your expectations. As for the inconvenience you had with one of our team member, I would like to present my apologies for the incident that happened and we'll surely treat this matter urgently.

I appreciate once again that you have chosen Bella Riva during your recent stay in Beirut, and hope to welcome you once again among us.

Please feel free to contact me directly should I be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

beutiful room.delicious mediteranean breakfast..close to rawsha stone beach..walking distance to hamra sreet also verdun street.. we appreciate putting the qibla direction for ,musli,m prayer in the room

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AMR661001
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stayed here in February 2014 and I really enjoyed it: staff were helpful and friendly; clean and big suites with kitchenette; walking distance to the main restaurants and Hamra street; overall fantastic!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jolandavanDijk
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Recently stayed 10 nights in this hotel. I really enjoyed the atmosphere in this hotel. I felt that I was highly respected as a solo woman- traveler. The staff was always very polite/good manners towards me. Always helpful. Above all, a great sense of humor, especially at the reception.

Well a bit older Portier always made my day.

I felt that I wasn't just "someone" but it was nice to be also called by name.

It was easy taxis to find.
I traveled a lot during my stay/busy in Lebanon therefore it was really relaxing to rest in the evenings/nights in this hotel for the next day. A good quality mattress and also nice color- bedroom.

I found all I liked from the breakfast buffet tables.

I would find this hotel as a trustworthy hotel, with a reasonable prize.

Thank you all.