“What a brilliant gem in downtown Beirut”

Etoile Suites Hotel
Ranked #56 of 117 Hotels in Beirut
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“What a brilliant gem in downtown Beirut”
Reviewed 2 July 2011

We had chosen Etoile Suites based on its rating on Trip Advisor, and we were not disappointed. We were originally going to book a hotel in the Ahmra area, but Etoile Suites in right in the middle of Downtown Beirut which is where you want to be. We were upgraded to a suite and had a really lovely stay. The staff were extrememly helpful and courteous. The restaurant for breakfast was on the top floor so we could eat outside which was really nice. If we ever go back to Beirut then we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cairokid

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 20 March 2011

I was recommended to use this hotel by my Friend Marwan who was one of the founders of this boutique hotel, I was reluctant at start but I now would recommend this beautifully located hotel the rooms are so spacious and have that home feeling away from home service is personalized and I just loved it...
Thanks Etoile Suites

• Stayed April 2010
1 Thank Kruyai
London
Reviewed 27 January 2011

Etoile was the perfect choice for the trip: located in Solidere very close to the parliament, we were assured of very good security in the event of any unrest. The rooms were very nicely done: I stayed in one of the smaller ones, but it was plenty room for 2. The location smack in the middle of Solidere meant that the restaurants of Gemezah, the cafes of Hamra and the clubs of Asrafiyeh were all within a 10-20 minute walk. Swanky shops are aslo immediately nearby if that appeals.

The best of all this, though, was the service of the hotel: discreet, considerate and very attentive. Our flight in was delayed from midnight to 6:30am and the reception staff kept up to date with the airline and dispatched our pickup as soon as we'd landed. They kept us up to date on happenings, politely suggested that a trip to Baalbek wasn't advisable on the day of the Hezbollah rally there (I was on vacation, I wasn't supposed to be watching the news), and otherwise left us alone and encouraged us to have a wonderful stay. All the staff in the reception and the restaurant were friendly, sincere and delivered exceptional service, even on the days of the strike - this was no small feat, and an accomplishment for which I'd choose this hotel again.

Due to low season, the rates were also fantastic.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ssyhk
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2010

This is my second visit to Beirut and my first visit to Etoile Suites Hotel. The first thing we noted on our arrival was there was no rush just a real sense of calm welcome, a nice drink and a sit down whilst booking in. We had been collected from the airport so all in all by the time we entered our suite we were nicely chilled and ready for a great holiday. We were in the Diplomatic Suite, a beautiful light and spacious suite over looking the Place de L'Etoile. A welcome plate of fruit (a fresh one every afternoon) awaited us.
We had previously booked our restaurants through the hotel staff after having been sent a list. All of these turned out to be very good.
We had intended to go to the beach the next day so the Hotel managed to arrange at very short notice a car and driver to take us. This turned out to be the best part of our trip. He was wonderful even taking us to a store to purchase a charger for my husbands phone which he had forgotten to take.
he then took us to some small museums containing impressionist paintings in Byblos as he had listened to the kind of places we had wanted to visit. Nothing was too much trouble and this proved to be the point all through our holiday.
Over the following days that we spent with Etoile Suites they continued to provide us with many suggestions of places to visit some quite different to what we had originally chosen but all proved to be the best choice and their knowledge was greatly appreciated. All in all a wonderful place to stay., I did have great contact with other guests as with the hotel beeing a boutique hotel, and there was a fridge with wine champagne soft drinks and water that you could help yourself too along with tea and coffee in the lounge, Would defiantly stay again when visiting Beirut.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank carlakho
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 21 March 2010

The Etoile Suites hotel did us proud. This boutique hotel is located behind Le Gray hotel in Place d'Etoile downtown. It is located within walking distance of good bars, restaurants and sights. The hotel staff were extermely helpful and accomodating from the time of booking through to our departure.

The suites were beautifully decorated and designed with kitchenette facilities, large rooms and spectacular bathrooms with jacuzzi baths. We stayed in the Ambassador Suite, Diplomatic Suite and Royal Suite.

Breakfast was nice and they had a wide menu on offer. I requested wheat free bread and they made sure that it was available for me at breakfast.

The hotel provide valet car parking at a small charge which is a must in Beirut as parking is impossible and the street to the hotel is closed of to pedestrians.

Considering the location of this hotel it is fantastically priced. Ideal for couples, families or long stays.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank CazRiyadh
london
Reviewed 10 October 2009

I booked 3 months in advance to stay at this hotel. I reconfirmed the reservation the day before I was supposed to stay there. I realized that the booking process was very informal and not very clear. The women even mentioned that she was holding the room for someone else but if I reserved and faxed the confirm, she would give me the room. I did. The night before I was due to travel at 8pm london time, the hotel called me to say they "had a change of plans". They had no room for me but would send me somewhere else. Needless to say I complained a lot. The hotel representative, name was Abdallah, hung up the phone on me. All of beirut was booked for Ramadan and I had a horrible time to find another room. I have never, ever had this happen to me. I ended up having to stay in an over priced , ugly hotel in an area which I wanted to avoid. How can you trust your holiday to a hotel that may cancel on you becuase they give their rooms away to other people?

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
5 Thank frequent-travler22
Beirut
Reviewed 18 October 2006

the hotel is a boutique hotel its has a prime location, in Downtown central district the rooms are very luxurious and spacious. once you are in Etoile Suites you don't need a car anymore you are a walking distance from all cafes night clubs restaurants and shopping centers... i highly recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Location and Rooms
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — nope
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8 Thank marven