“Very nice”

Cavalier Hotel
Ranked #32 of 117 Hotels in Beirut
“Very nice”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Went there with friends it was nice , the hotels location is perfect down town within walking distance of several areas , clean , comfy rooms , great food , great service and very hospitable , it was a very nice trip and lots of fun that my friends and i enjoyed very much.

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Rasha A
hotelcavalier, Manager at Cavalier Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Ms. Rasha

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review on Trip Advisor on our property. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with your friends and I sincerely appreciate you complementing our facilities, the service, the restaurant , our staff in addition to Hotel Location.

I look forward to an opportunity to welcoming you back to Cavalier Hotel in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The hotel has a very good location, it is located in Al-Hamra Street near to the market and in the middle of Beirut. The food is good, the employees are pleasant. Some room facilities needs to be maintained and some other services are needed. i.e I requested an iron and they told that they don't have.
However , the hotel is good for business trips in general.

Room Tip: Higher floors rooms are better
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Ramez Q
Dear Mr. Ramez,

i am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our Hotel, and i was so pleased talking with you directly over the phone few minutes ago to inform you that we added the Iron to our room facilities, so guest can ask for an iron, if he/she do not wish to use our laundry services.

Looking forward for your future visit and best wishes in this holly month of Ramadan.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Good location in hamra street, polite and helpful staffs, free wifi and good breakfast. They helped my friend to find his lost friend after many years in beirut. Just as my fly was half day after my friend, I asked fr staying 14 hours more staying in a single room but the rate was same one day staying in a double room so I moved to another place in my last hours of staying in beirut. May be I shouldn't nag coz it was a part of rules. Any way we enjoyed in period of staying in this hotel. I recommend this hotel to everyone.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
hotelcavalier, Manager at Cavalier Hotel, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for being our guest during your last stay in Beirut, and thank you for the positive feedback.
Usually we are very flexible in the time of check In and check Out with all our guests, unless we are fully booked, and during June the hotel occupancy was not less than 90% otherwise we definitely extended your stay for free or for half charge.
Looking forward for your future stay any time you'll be in Beirut.
Best wishes
Dubai
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed one night - my first visit for about 5 years to this hotel. It seems to have improved considerably. The rooms were clean and fresh, a comfortable bed, great bathroom with rain shower, and free Wi-Fi. The staff were all very helpful and accommodating with good knowledge of the area.

The breakfast is quite limited, but still adequate for the price. The business centre has 2 PC's a printer and scanner. I couldn't get internet access on either computer. Its also worth noting that the WI-FI code is for a single device and you cant switch, so if you have more than one device you need to ask reception for 2 codes which they happily gave me.

Would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank 0123Dave
hotelcavalier, Manager at Cavalier Hotel, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Cavalier Hotel , and for loyalty after 5 years to choose us again as your choice of accommodation in Beirut.
As you notice we did improved considerably by renovating all our rooms and most of public area, in addition to many improvement that guest don't see directly such as Air conditioning system, water softener and more rooms amenities to make your stay more pleasant and comfortable !
Looking forward to welcome you again in any future visit to Lebanon .

Best regards
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was in Beirut on business and was placed in the Cavalier hotel. The greatest asset of this hotel are the friendly helpful staff - particularly on reception. The hotel iteself is fairly basic. A positive is having a balcony overlooking the street and a couple of nice bars opposite. The breakfast is quite poor. I would recommend this hotel, if like myself, you were not spending too much time in the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ProfW
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I was moved to write this review after my umpteenth query to reception--I've been a needy customer this trip--was met yet again with courtesy and efficiency. The staff is really lovely. This hotel does not feature fancy decor, if that's your thing, but my room, with modern-style furnishings, was spotlessly clean & comfortable, and had a great shower (which is my thing). Each room also has a small balcony overlooking the street. There are double sliding glass doors, which insulate against the noise, and floor-to-ceiling shades; that is, you can stay right off Hamra St. and still get a good night's sleep. I've tried several of the services, such as airport pick-up & laundry, and everything has gone smoothly. Short story: a fine little hotel. I'd happily stay here again.

Room Tip: All rooms face over the same street, so higher rooms have more light and less noise.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank NSWS
Reviewed 30 March 2014

the hotel is very basic, but the area is very crouded "Hamra Street" surrounded by many bars and some theaters. like Metro El Madina theater.
recomended for short visits.
most of the rooms have balcony which is cool..

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business