“Very Stylistic”

Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 10 July 2014

At the heart of Hamra street T Marbouta is the cultural spot for creative community in Lebanon. I enjoyed the pot and the atmosphere with my friends. It is great place with very artistic interior and lovely Lebanese food. I enjoyed their drinks and the services while building communications with several young writers, singers and musicians. It is tricky to reach out the place, so you will need to ask around. They have a nice backyard and free wifi. You might also get lucky and find out a cultural event running or some great music performance.

1  Thank YasserAhmad

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My go to place every time i'm in Beirut. It's a little hard to find but ask around and you'll be sure to find it. It's the kind of place you can go with family, friends or alone. This time I was in Beirut for 3 days for work and all I did was T-Marbuta-it all day all night for three days. I cant ask for a better place to spend my time. The staff are extremely friendly, they have the most delicious food (esp there Batata Harra) the atmosphere is amazing, good selection of books (they also have a library upstairs), they host some film screenings, live music and lectures, an outdoor terrace and free wifi to get some work done. Does it get it better than that? Don't think so.

1  Thank rooj129
Reviewed 24 June 2014

On my first day I arrived to Beirut, I had dinner in T Marbouta. Since then, it fills a special place in my heart:) The food is incredible (it is Lebanese traditional food) and the price is quite affordable, for us, the poorer ones. I mean ... even if you don't swim in dollars, you can still eat very well in here.
It is also very cosy, since it has a small garden inside:)
The downside is that it cannot host more than, let's say, 50-70 people at one time, sometimes it is crowded, but anyway, it is worth it.
It is located in Hamra Street, one of the most crowded and lively points across Beirut. Ask for Starbucks Coffee and in the Square, you will see it on the left, with a wooden door.

1  Thank Anca I
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Hamra Street is always on fire and vibrant, its one of the main streets of Lebanon. T-marbouta is one of the best cafes in Hamra street, although you have to ask locals to find it because its not on the main road, its a bit hidden. Perfect for a hangout and to meet new people. I go there usually with friends and my favourite drink is " Passion Fruit Juice", its yummy and mouth-watering. Highly recommended.

2  Thank MrAbbasA
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Cozy cafe with great Lebanese food (try the fattoush, batata harra or chicken wings).
Good space for studying or gatherings. Has a secluded outdoor seating away from Hamra's noisy street.

1  Thank bolts