“Worst service mediocre food” 2 of 5 bubbles

Crepaway
Ranked #36 of 783 Restaurants in Beirut
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
San Diego, California
“Worst service mediocre food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

I have now been in Beirut for about six weeks thus this is my point of reference. The first thing to note is that in Beirut the prices for food can be very high, especially for what you get in terms of quality of food and service. Do not use your Western mind to evaluate the value equation as it won't work. Being in Beirut has also reinforced the feeling that tipping should be what service personnel should make a living on as it usually encourages better service. Service in Beirut, in general, is horrible even though they try to be Western in their restaurant design.

Today, November 3, 2013, I went and ordered a breakfast of eggs, bacon, coffee, and juice which came to 11.67. I was looking forward to a great breakfast but the server determined differently. After ordering my American brewed coffee, the server never brought it. I kept asking and they kept said it was brewing (another thing to get used to in Lebanon....not exactly telling the truth). So after 15 minutes and asking 3 different people all with the same answer, it was brewing, my cold eggs came out. I then asked for my juice and coffee. Again I waited. They disguise this restaurant as one that is Western but it is far from it in terms of quality of food and service. There were only 2 tables in the restaurant at the time and 3 waitstaff. The one table had coffee and I didn't see what the other had. There should not have been an issue getting my coffee in less than 15 minutes as it doesn't take that long to brew coffee nor are the servers too busy to get to it. Again, this should be taken in the context of Beirut in which the majority of places have very poor service and hit or miss in terms of quality of food. Save your money and go to Starbucks across the street where you know what you will be getting for your money and you will get Western service. I cannot stand going to chains while abroad, but they do tend to offer a level of service that others can give but fail to give.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

• Serbian first
“It's Getting Better”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

Day after Day.. Crepaway is getting better.. the food (presentation & taste) is very good..
the staffs are friendly... they can follow the orders in full board dinning..
but the music should be more calm..

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Manoul
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Beautiful food and good atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

If you like creeps it's a good place to go to. Tasty food and good service. Not much more to ask for really. Recommended

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Libreville, Gabon
“Very good at saida branch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

I visited saida branch twice in less than two ekks , took the grilled chicken and my wife took the spaghetti with curry . food is nice , staff are helpful , always checking if we need anything . location is good in saida mall . prices are fair . liked it.

• Visited September 2013
Prague, Czech Republic
“Best chocolate fondant ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

My friend took me to Crepaway for dessert while I was visiting in Lebanon and I had some of the best desserts I've ever had in my life! I had a chocolate fudge cake which was amazing and my friend had a chocolate fondant which was my favorite and a dish I dreamt about for an entire week after.

I ate three fondants after that at other places (roadster diner being one of them) but it just wasn't the ssame. I finally went back to crepaway and had another chocolate fondant (as well as some great mozzarella sticks and iced minted lemonade). As good as I remembered.

It's an affordable place, good to take ur kids or to go with friends. But If you go there, make sure you try the dessert :)

• Visited August 2013