“Pizza? Sure, Why Not?”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Tyre, Lebanon
“Pizza? Sure, Why Not?”
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Ok, if I had read the previous reviews, I probably would not have found myself at Scoosi today for lunch. But this time, I’m happy I didn’t do my usual research! Instead, I followed the advice of a friend who loves pizza and loves Scoosi. Our party of three was treated to speedy, attentive and courteous service along with some great pizza at a fair price. Each personal pizza was distinctive, delicious and generous in flavour and serving size. The crusts were thin, crispy and flavorful. My Romano, topped with just the right balance of cheese, anchovy, capers and black olives was as authentic as any I’ve had in Beirut. A drizzle of the hot pepper oil served alongside was the perfect accompaniment. We were all much too full to even think about desert.
I’ve never really understood this trend of combining a Sushi menu along with Italian or any other cuisine, but as the restaurant filled with the lunch crowd, the Japanese fare appeared to be as popular as the pasta and pizza. The decor is bright and cheerful if not particularly memorable. Like too many restaurants in Beirut, the washrooms are not easily accessible to those with mobility issues. But although down a steep flight of rather narrow stairs, they were clean and modern.
So, if I found myself in Verdun with a craving for pizza would I find myself back at Scoozi? Sure, why not?

• Visited March 2013

• Turkish first
kuwait
“Our favorite restaurant in Beirut after Barbar”
Reviewed 12 March 2013

We dine at Scoozi every time we visit Beirut. My wife and i love there food and decoration. They serve sushi and italian food and i causally order spaghetti with shrimp.

• Visited May 2012
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Avoid!”
Reviewed 7 March 2013

We just had lunch there...we had a soup and a selection on sashimi. The soup was ok but the order of twelve sashimi pieces came wrong three times. The fish was frozen and did not taste good. We had to order the bill 5 or 6 times and we ended up walking to the waiter and getting it in person. On a final note, the price point is at the opposite side of the spectrum considering service and quality.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank louayac
“ehhhhhh,its ok”
Reviewed 16 December 2012

ehhhhh,its ok,big variety,ok food,ok service,good location,not bad sushi,fine pizza and pasta i guess its fine but there are much better restaurants in beirut.

• Visited May 2012
Beirut, Lebanon
“Sushi, Open Buffet or Only Crab and Salmon?”
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I went to an Open Buffet All You Can Eat Sushi in Scoozi (Verdun). I don't eat crab. Every piece of Sushi had crab mixed with salmon, or just crab. No shrimps, no tuna, not even Salmon alone. I told the women there that I don't eat crab and I want something else. She started making ONLY salmon. It was pathetic.

• Visited September 2012