“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Mer - CLOSED

La Mer
Price range: US$50 - US$200
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: La Mer is the panoramic restaurant, located in the 23rd floor overlooking the Gulf Sea. The Chef creates progressive cuisine with thoughtful flavors combinations and textures. This elegant yet friendly and warm location is perfect for lovers of innovative cuisine which is enhanced by a wine list with over 250 world-class bottles. Adjacent to La Mer is Level 23, a sky bar which offers a wide selection of hand crafted cocktails, finest liqueurs and vintage wines. The pleasant atmosphere of La Mer enriched by live piano notes, attentive service and flavours make our restaurant especially suited for business events, special occasions and food lovers
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

Very nice restaurant with great services. Amazing views and friendly staff. Highly recommended place

Visited September 2012

Doha, Qatar
“Best Fine Dining in Doha”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

I can't fault the dinner we had at Le Mer at the Ritz Carlton. The whole experience was first class with knowledgeable, friendly and professional staff, a very high standard of food, and for the quality, a very reasonable price (by Doha standards). We went for our wedding anniversary, and were treated to a few little extras to make the night more special. We'll be back!

• Visited February 2013
“Best dining experience in Doha”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2013 via mobile

Dining out in Doha for the past 5 + years, my husband and I found La Mer to be our most memorable experience. From the grand floral arrangement in the lobby, the view from the 23rd floor, the live music while we had our pre dinner cocktail, the attention of the staff, the most excellent cuisine, for the signed menu from the chefs, to his personal visit to our table to describe each course, I can't say enough. I would rate this experience even above the dinners at The Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park.

Bendigo, Australia
“Excellence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013

My wife took me to La Mer for my birthday, and what a treat. From the moment you step out of the lift you know it is going to be superb. The fittings, atmosphere and feel are very high class. The music was perfect, the settings, fixtures perfect. The view of Doha from the twenty second floor was excellent. The service was impeccable, beyond comparison. Starting with.....when we booked and notified them that we would have the degustation menu we were emailed the menu to ensure it would be satisfactory, and if we wanted an changes! The wine pairing was well done. The degustation was perfect, each of the six dishes unique with wonderful explosion and mixture of taste. My surprise birthday cake topped off a wonderful dining experience. Excellence all round. Highly recommended for special occasions.

• Visited February 2013
Doha, Qatar
“Elegance, views, service and incredible cuisine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013 via mobile

I have been going to La Mer for the past 10 years and I have to say it is my favourite restaurant. The food is incredible, and seafood haters, don't be put off by the name (In French- the Sea) as they do the most amazing beef and poultry dishes as well. The service is top class, the atmosphere is classy yet relaxed, the view is gorgeous (and gets better every year with the developments on the pearl) and the food has always been amazing even with the change of chefs over the years. Romantic and a wonderful experience, I will always love this place. Maybe one day I will be able to afford to go more than 1-2 times a year, well worth every penny.