“"W" Residences”

W Doha Hotel & Residences
Ranked #1 of 136 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed 18 May 2012

THe "W" is one one of the nicer hotels in Doha. It has several places to eat, two great places to have a drink and relax and the servvice is outstanding. The residences are very modern and well maintained but they are on the small side compared to some of the other units available in West Bay. My chief complaint is that they offer a good entertainment system with TV, movies and music. Unfortunately, most of the TV channel are Arabic. They lack Fox News & ESPN and other channels that mst Americans are familiar with. It is unfortunate since many are available from the Sat TV companies.

Also, the little kitchens are barely adequate for long term stay. On a 2 burner steve, no oven and a dorm size frig. You can find better set ups at most of their competition like Courtyard Marriott & Intercontinental the City.

Another big minus for me is that they really gouge on laundry service - about 400% over cost. You can walk one block to the City Center Mall and give your laundry to the Sheraton Laundry and save about 60% on the W price and get the same service that W uses.

On the positive side, the views from the rooms on the north side of the building are fantasic. You can see all the way to the Pearl from the living room wall of glass. The Starwood points are also a great perk.

Room Tip: Rooms on the North side are cooler and have a better view.
1  Thank Cam S
WDoha, Manager at W Doha Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2012

Hello Cam S,

Thanks for the review, we certainly appreciate your time taken.

We were happy to hear that you enjoyed your time in the Residences. In regards to your comments about the kitchen, you'll be pleased to know that we have already started replacing the 2 burner's with 4 burner stove tops in the 2 bedroom residences, as well as full size fridges. We are continuing with this in our 1 bedroom residences as well.

We are also looking at installing the ESPN channels in the hotel as well and are just waiting for some additional equipment that is required.

Thanks again for your review and we look forward to seeing you soon.

There are newer reviews for W Doha Hotel & Residences

Reviewed 17 May 2012

This is my first stay ever in a W hotel. I was upgraded to the WooW suite and the name says it all. The ambiance is out of this world, amenities are sate of the art and the lightings of the room is really outstanding. The suite is very spacious and nicely done. The bed is very comfortable and the bathroom is totally relaxing with a spacious walkin shower and water jets. The location is a bit far from the city center, but Doha is a very small city.

Hello Toney A,

Thanks for your review, we're delighted you enjoyed the WOW Suite, they are great rooms, did you find a favourite colour setting?

Please let us know when you'll be returning.

Reviewed 17 May 2012

I was disappointed with the W in Doha. Style over substance unfortunately. I had several issues with my room which were eventually (but not quickly or efficiently) resolved, and to be fair on the staff, they gave me a free airport transfer to compensate me (without asking) but as I was not paying and I would have preferred things to have been right first time. Examples of the issues included faulty televisions in 2 rooms, lights that did not work, a smoky non-smoking room (not uncommon in the region that being said). These are the things that should be right first time though. The Asian restaurant was great though - as was the bar - its crazy busy in the evening so you need to make table reservations - I guess that’s the sign of its success. Breakfast was not too bad but not great either - you could have eggs to order, mine came raw again (I am pretty sure I am not the only one who knows how to poach an egg - white should be firm and yolk should be runny)I hope next time I stay that the little things will be right…

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
WDoha, General Manager at W Doha Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2012

Hello nickindubai,

Thank you for your review, we certainly appreciate the time taken to provide us with some valuable feedback concerning your stay.

Please accept my sincere apologies that we missed the mark on a few areas, especially the issue with your TV and breakfast. I'd like to assure you that these issues have been addressed with the team, and I can guarantee you a seamless next stay. Please just contact me directly on GMSafak.Guvenc@whotels.com before you plan your next visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Doha.

Warm regards,

Safak E Guvenc

Reviewed 17 May 2012

The W Hotel Doha is what all hotels should be like. Staff are polite and extremely attentive. The food in the resturants is glorious and the rooms (particularly the bed) are wonderful.

It is a funky hotel, both in design and in staff - and that adds to the great experience.

I would always recommend this hotel.

Hello Stevedunne1,

Thanks for the review, we're delighted to hear that you enjoy your stays with us.

See you soon.

Reviewed 14 May 2012

Upon arrival I was a little bit confused...as already mentioned by other reviewers...on some nights this hotels has more 'nightclub' vibes than a hotel ambiance.
So many people and staff walking around that you get the feeling of anything but a hotel.
The lobby is always filled with people having drinks or just meeting here.
Entrance and lobby impressive with big and colorful flower arrangements.
Decoration in all public spaces very colorful (which I like a lot!).
My room was 'spectacular' in size and deco. Would have been suitable for two adults and two children as there where two queen size beds in it.
But to be honest, I think I would choose another hotel if traveling with my family.
Breakfast fantastic! Lots of choices for all nationalities....highly recommended and you could see the attention for details in some dishes. I also found the presentation of the food very inviting and very different form the other 5* hotels.
Overall the staff was very friendly and helpfull.
The Shopping Mall is close by. If you take the W Residences exit/entrance and take a left, you can already see the Mall in the distance (about 300m).
Ask the concierge to show you this exit as it is hidden behind a massive mirror/door near the elevators.
I (woman traveling alone) felt very safe walking around in Doha day and night.
For guests whom like peace and quiet, this hotel is perhaps not the best choice.
Also not the best choice if you want traditional deco or a holiday inn vibe ....
But I enjoyed my stay and would stay here again on my next trip.

Room Tip: away from the popular Chrystal Lounge
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
WDoha, Manager at W Doha Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2012

Hello Andreajaja,

Thank you for the wonderful and detailed review, we were delighted to hear you enjoyed yourself with us.

Please let us know when you are thinking of coming back as we look forward to seeing you again (and please bring the family, I am sure they will love it).

Reviewed 13 May 2012

The W is the place to be when in Doha! After spending a weekend in the hotel I cant go back to your normal one peice fits all hotel. This place has style and character in everything, from the room decor to the way the lobby (or 'living room' in W language) lights are dimmed and music is turned up just enough to make you say to yourself 'Is this the same place I walked into this afternoon? Special thanks to Ali at the receptions for his help during check-out.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Hello tony_nass,

Thank you for the review, we're delighted to hear you're a new fan of W.

Please let us know when you're planning on visiting again.

Reviewed 11 May 2012

Very nice location surrounding with the other five star hotel and highly residential place, very nice, clean and comfortable with lot of entrainment bar with nice restaurants. offen I'm visiting the Hotel with nice pleasant sincere staff.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
WDoha, Manager at W Doha Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2012

Hello HARUN_12,

Thank you for the review, we're delighted to hear you enjoy visiting us.

We hope to see you again soon.