“Stylish and hip...and great service!”

W Doha Hotel & Residences
Ranked #1 of 134 Hotels in Doha
Miami, Florida
“Stylish and hip...and great service!”
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Lobby is immediately W... with cool blue globe lights and candles everywhere. Service is attentive and friendly- really one of the best at W I've experienced, Spice Market restaurant is excellent (great sushi & sate) and the 3rd floor lounge is a great place to have a cigar and a nightcap. Rooms are large for a W, very new and well appointed, minibar, Nespresso machine and robe/slippers... Best place to stay in Doha!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
WDohaHotelResidences, E-Insider at W Doha Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Hello MAL1997,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review of W Doha! We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and the Spice Market!

We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Doha.

The E-Insider

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kabul, Afghanistan
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I am a frequent traveler and appreciate the efficiency and small details that go into the hospitality services, my stay at the W Doha Hotel was very pleasant, the staff (Ms Selina) was very helpful and friendly. I found the hotel very modern and it has a chic atmosphere constantly buzzing from dust to dawn, it was a great place to stage our business ventures and retire into a comfortable social night life. It is very convenient to the City Centre Shopping Mall a 5 minute walk. Food services were good, recreational facility was good so all in all my stay was comfortable, I definitely would recommended the W Doha Hotel & Residence and will certainly return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
WDohaHotelResidences, E-Insider at W Doha Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Hello David L,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review of W Doha! Selina and the rest of the team were very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!

We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We have stayed here on a number of occasions over the past few years since it opened.
The standard of service is excellent and it has maintained a high quality throughout. It has a busy atmosphere and the two restaurants (Market and Spice) we have eaten in have served high quality, good food.
The buffet breakfast is second to none, and usually sets us up until dinner in the evening.
The staff are professional and you are always guaranteed a warm welcome by name, even when you arrive at two o'clock in the morning.
It is our hotel of choice in Doha.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
WDohaHotelResidences, E-Insider at W Doha Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Hello JamesAT39,

Thank you very much for your kind words about W Doha, we were very happy to read your review about your stays at W Doha!

We are looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The W is a great place to stay with an excellent staff. The staff is friendly and willing to go the extra mile. The rooms are awesome and very comfortable. The restaurants are out of this world and the food will be one of your highlights of your stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hello Jeddahduc,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review of W Doha! We were very happy to hear that you enjoy your stays with us and that we could make you feel welcome!

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Good: W hotel has been a consistent pick for me when I go to Doha for quite a long time. Staff is friendly and well-informed. Excellent communication skills. The hotel is clean and the room is extremely comfortable. Hotel facilities such as bliss spa, gym, wahm etc. are really great. Great location as well.

Downside: A little expensive.

Note: When using the toilet, there's only tissue and no spray (cable spray with toilet)
however, the staff has taken a note of that and will take it into consideration (which is great). It's still my personal preference, though.

Room Tip: Rooms on 3rd floor on "WAHM" side are less quieter. However, the staff was cooperative and...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
WDohaHotelResidences, E-Insider at W Doha Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Hello halshamsi,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review, we were very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! We have taken note of your feedback with regards to the spray and will look at ways on how we can improve that!

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit to Qatar!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014

The W is the only hotel I have ever stayed at in Doha but this will be my first time reviewing them, following a rather interesting recent stay.

One of the highlights of my W visits is always the food at the Spice Market, but on a recent stay I had a rather poor dining experience. The restaurant had no record of my online reservation for a non-smoking table made a week in advance, and I was given a table by the bar in the smoking section. This made me rather unhappy given that I am allergic to smoke. The food was phenomenal as always, but as you can imagine the overall experience was a significant letdown. Before finishing dinner, I sent an email to the guest relations team, indicating my displeasure.

To my surprise, I had a response back by the time I had gotten back to my room, indicating that a staff member had tried to find me at the restaurant (apparently I had just left), and requesting permission to contact me in the room the following morning. Unfortunately I was busy the next day and couldn't speak with them, but at check-out the duty manager apologized personally for the issue the previous night at the restaurant. I half-jokingly suggested that they could make it up to me by confirming a dinner reservation for my next stay in a few days time, which they gladly did. In addition, a day later I also received an email response from the hotel manager, also apologizing for the inconvenience.

Upon check-in for my subsequent stay, I was told they had a "surprise" for me, which turned out to be a complimentary room upgrade (my mid-tier SPG status may have helped given that the hotel was fully booked that night, but I do think it was an intentional service recovery effort on their part). To top it off, I also had a perfect dining experience at the restaurant, where my guest and I were seated in the non-smoking section, personally greeted by the restaurant manager as well as the chef, and were treated to a pair of drinks on the house.

For those at the W: thank you for the exceptional service (and my apologies for not remembering the names of the individual staff members who delivered it).

Room Tip: High floor to get away from the club noise, some rooms have a partial view of the bay, others will b...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
WDohaHotelResidences, E-Insider at W Doha Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Hello theflyingnomad,

Thank you very much for taking the time review W Doha, we were very happy to hear that we were able to turn your experience around!

Once again, thank you very much for your lovely review and we hope to welcome you back again soon on your next visit to Doha!

Doha
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Great place to stay with great restaurants. Where else in Qatar can one get a truffle pizza? This hotel is chic in the best sense. The staff is efficient and professional. It is a venue where the Ivy League in Doha meets.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Guide_to_Great_Meals
WDohaHotelResidences, E-Insider at W Doha Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Hello Guide_to_Great_Meals,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review of W Doha, we were very happy to hear that you enjoy our hotel and the restaurants, as well as the Truffle Pizza at Market!

Looking forward to seeing you again soon!