“Really enjoyed our stay”

W Doha Hotel & Residences
Ranked #1 of 137 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We booked for a special treat. The hotel rooms are clean and spacious. Staff were very attentive. The room was very quiet considering it quite a busy hotel as alot of Expats use the hotel. I found the room rate slightly overpriced and we did not have breakfast in with the 140.00 pound price.

I would recommend the hotel for its fresh appearance, cleanliness and various restaurant and lounges.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
WDohaHotelResidences, E-Insider at W Doha Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Hello sindylouDubai,

Thank you very much for your lovely words about your recent experience with us at W Doha, we were very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay!

Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

*Keep in mind that I'm SPG platinum member, this means that I will get upgraded to suite (almost every time) and (probably) they will do even more to make my stay flawless.

On arrival I have been upgraded to W Suite. I have upgraded before, but this was new experience for me, go to official hotel site and take a look at pictures its simple amazing.

We are talking about 100m2 suite, with design that I have not see before. Usually every suite I have been in is more like small apartment with separate bedroom. I will not try to explain how it look as you can look at pictures, but I can tell you it does feel perfect (I wish my own room look like this one, bathroom is simply amassing).

Service in hotel was perfect and then on second day did something special. It was my birthday (they probably have it on my file), and when I finish my work for that day, I had surprise in my room. They made a chocolate cake and hand written, using melted chocolate, "Happy Birthday Mr. Mihalic" on top.

Like I said, "As good as it gets"

P.S.
As in May 2014, there is lot of constriction work around hotel, they are building lot of new building in that area so if you like to walk/run take a taxi and go to sea (3 min drive) where you can find really nice place to walk/run.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
WDohaHotelResidences, E-Insider at W Doha Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Hello SPG-Member-2011,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review of W Doha, we were delighted to hear that we could make your stay with us memorable and that we could celebrate your birthday with you!

We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Recently stayed one day and one night on a stopover in Doha at the W and was quite impressed. The hotel incorporates the usual W brand style plus local flavours - everything was beautiful.

The Pick-up from the airport worked flawlessly though the 7-series was somewhat old and looked used. I would have expected a newer car. Check in was fast and efficient and I was escorted to the suite. There are no views from the hotel, just the usual construction areas...

Breakfast at Market was wonderful and included a terrific local selection as well as international dishes. Everything was freshly prepared and one could also order a-la-carte. Flavours were outstanding. Dinner at Market was nice as well but the flavours were not as prominent. Still, I would return.

The suite was fantastic, very spacious, loved the design elements like the hanging chair, the round sofa and all the amenities. The electric installations at the work desk did not function, but the hotel recognized this and would fix them. I did not bother to have it done during my stay as I did not need to work.

The pool was nice, but oddly there was no space to lounge in the sun in one´s swimsuit, everything was set up like a club with chairs and sofas only. I really wanted to swim, but let it be as I felt uncomfortable in this club-like atmosphere.

And, this was the only W hotel I have been to that offered a club lounge (WIP), which served brekky, snacks and drinks in the evening. Staff there was super friendly and food excellent. It was located inside the night club though and it smelled of stale smoke and alcohol stains. Well....nice touch nevertheless.

I would for sure come back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
WDohaHotelResidences, E-Insider at W Doha Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Hello SFLeonce,

Thank you very much for your kind review of W Doha, we were glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and would like to sincerely thank you for the feedback you provided. We value your choice for being our guest and feedback such as yours allows us to improve our selves and the experience of our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back again at W Doha in the near future.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Hi Folks, so this is No 1 in Doha. I did not stay here because of that - the Courtyard was fully booked and I had to find a different hotel. My coworker recommended it - many guest at the hotel are related to football. I guess I was curious.
The flight into Doha ended with my luggage left in Nirvana (they found it the next day) and I arrived (after an unpleasant experience at Qatar Airlines Luggage Service) at 1am in a dis shuffled mood after more than 12hrs on the 'road'. Thought the hotel would be my refuge and a super helpful staff would read my lips. Well, none of that happened. Though I told them about my misery, no help was offered. No PJs or bathroom kit offered. Nada. I got tired of asking for some support (I exhausted myself at Qatar Airlines asking for help already) and went to my room.
The next experience was the bed. It looked like it has not been properly made-up. In fact, I wondered if they even bothered changing the sheets. Next morning, the usual fare for bf. Nothing too talk about. What I liked was the large pot of Darjeeling tea they made. Other than that, the usual issues finding milk, cereal, plates and everything else you want. Feels like being in a supermarket where 'management' wants you to run around the whole place to find things. Besides that W's staff is moving your glass of orange juice around to place another plate of fruits on the table, while you add milk to your cereal right next to them.... Remember it is the No 1 hotel in Doha.
So, I bumped into one of the managers before I took the 'cab from hell' to get my meeting. I mentioned my rather unimpressive welcome early that morning and mentioned to her if it is common that the hotel does not offer a bathroom kit for folks whose luggage got lost. Well, I got the usual response. Later that day, she send me an email... If there is anything she can do for me... Some people I know take that as an opportunity to ask for all sort of things. My view is, I can only ask for the things I know a hotel can offer. How about a personal perspective that shows what makes this hotel No.1. I am, surely, alone with that (and my wife would always recommend to go with the first approach :)).
Coming back from my meetings in the pm, the room was made up but the bathroom was still rather 'used'. Looks like, there are some basic issues with the way this place is run.
Is there anything good. Of course there is. The restaurant service is OK. There is a decent Internet connection via UAE. Some folks may even like the location. There are alternatives in this town. Maybe the Hilton or the Courtyard will do next time I am here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Talaria_Sky
WDohaHotelResidences, Manager at W Doha Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Hello Talaria_Sky,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. I was very disappointed to read your comments about your recent experience with us. I would like to assure you that this is not the level nor the quality of service that we pride ourselves upon and that corrective action has been taken to address the points you mentioned.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back at W Doha to turn your experience around and give you the true W level of service we are proud of.

Wassim Daageh
DIRECTOR OF ROOMS / W DOHA HOTEL & RESIDENCES

Reviewed 9 June 2014

It's nice hotel it's my favorite and I would like thanks ppl thier special Mr hassan , Mr ali, Mr sunny, Ms rehab, Ms Maya you're people doing nice jub and u help us always you're making my staying in w hotel prefect and thanx for room service always make my room clean I will come again see you soon salah sh ahmed

• Stayed: June 2014
WDohaHotelResidences, E-Insider at W Doha Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Hello ahmed450,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of W Doha! We were delighted to hear that you frequently enjoy your stays with us and that the team can help you out!

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I have to confess that I'm generally not a fan of multinational chain hotels - even (sub)brands masquerading as niche/on-trend properties. But this place is sleek: from the rooms (even the 'spectacular' basic room is enormous, with everything you could want), the accommodating staff, superb breakfasts (my God, the buffet - both the breakfast and weekend brunch buffet - is incredible), gym, spa and surfeit of on-site restaurants, bars and nightclubs. You seriously don't have to leave the hotel at all. And you probably don't want to if you like a (alcoholic) drink.

Of course it's expensive - that's par for the course - but you never feel like you've been ripped off.

Some 5 star hotels in the West could learn a lot - you can give good service without being servile or snooty.

Without a doubt, stay here if in Doha.

Room Tip: The standard ("spectacular") rooms are fantastic, believe me, unless you have a desire to...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank SoDizzy
WDohaHotelResidences, E-Insider at W Doha Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Hello SoDizzy,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review of W Doha! It is such a delight for us to hear from our guests that they enjoyed their experience with us!

We hope to welcome you back again in the near future for another great W Doha experience!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

My expectations were met and even beyond. Very clean room, comfortable bed and excellent service. Thank you to the staff especially to Maya at the front desk who is very accomodating and Ryan (asst mgr) of Spice Market. And the concierge also who brought my car back. il definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and colleagues. Thumbs up!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
WDohaHotelResidences, E-Insider at W Doha Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Hello john t,

Thank you very much once again for your fantastic review of W Doha, we were delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable time and that we could make your time with us memorable!

We hope to welcome you back again soon.