W Doha Hotel & Residences
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Pool
2,009 results
All reviewsspice marketbliss spala spigacrystal loungewow suitewahm barcool corner suitebliss productsmarket by jean georgestrendy hotelnespresso machinesushibusiness triproom servicerestaurants and barsamazing hotelshopping mall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 August 2009

A modern hotel with a very good location near city center mall. Got an upgrade to a fabulous room. Pool was small but it was nice for the kids . Staff very friendly and well trained. Breakfast was fantastic but very pricy. Hope to visit again shortly.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank sosocycle
Reviewed 3 August 2009

I was a guest at the W Doha for an overnight stay ( 28/09- 29/09 ). Since my flight was arriving early in the morning I requested an early check in and inturn since I was leaving late in the afternoon I also requested a late checkout. Both my requestes were met without any problems.
.When I arrived at the hotel I was greeted by smiling faces.The front desk agent informed me that they had upgraded me already since they had plenty of rooms avialable.
when I arrived at my room, I couldn't believe the size, view and overall impeccable appearance. The room had an office area, a dining area as well as a sitting area. There were three diffrent walls that were floor to celing glass with sea view on all sides.
among the extras I had 3 pieces complimentary pressing and free in room internet service.
I also ate at Spice Market. The resaurant is located on the first floor and the food is first class.
The price is also very good.
I will not stay at any other hotel on my future trips to Doha.
Thank you for sure a great experience.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank lemmaalem
Reviewed 13 July 2009

We stayed at the W for two nights in early June and the hotel itself is lovely and the bedrooms are very spacious and well kitted out. My main complaint is the charges for the additional items, like being charged to access music on the television and for the W CD that they put in the rooms. Whilst I would normally expect that items in the mini bar will be overpriced, the mini bar at the W was extortionately overpriced.

We visited the Bliss spa in the hotel which was lovely. The therapist was very knowledgeable, a bit too chatty at the beginning but soon took the hint. The pool is quite shaded and very cold, even in June, and is overlooked by an adjoining building site. We were there on a Friday when there was no one working on site but I would have felt a bit self conscious if there were builders working while I was trying to sunbathe.

It was also quite difficult to get cabs from the hotel and a couple of taxi drivers we got didn't know where it is because it is quite new.

All in all it was a nice stay but I felt like they were trying to squeeze as much extra money out of us as they could, which left a bit of a sour note when the room rates aren't cheap!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2009

having had almost all my expenses here taken care of, there's not much i can complain abt my experience here. it's expensive, but worth every riyal.

- staff really make u feel at home
- the room i got - a "spectacular" room - was huge, with 2 big beds tho i needed only 1. contrary to a previous review, it was pretty quiet at nite
- bathroom was similarly spectacular, brightly lit with a bathtub and shower cubicle.
- gym is small but comprehensive, with a helpful personal trainer on standby. the equipment, like the rest of the hotel, is all new.
- lunch at the restaurant ("market") is ok for lunch and staff were checking on me almost every 5 mins, asking if everything was ok. the breakfast spread isn't too varied, but having stayed here for only a couple of days, it didn't matter to me.

now the slight peeves:

- wireless internet was supposed to b free, but every time i tried to access a site other than the w website, i kept being reminded to sign up and pay for broadband. once hooked up tho, everything was speedy and convenient
- pool is tiny. tho i didn't swim here, i spoke to a fellow guest who did, and said that the nearby construction blocked out the sun.
- the hotel could do lots more on security. there r no restrictions at all on outsiders going to the floors with guest rooms.

the w seems targetted mostly at a yuppie crowd, but i would recommend this hotel to anyone with the budget.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 June 2009

Do you want to feel hip and trendy and be part of that fancy, stylish jet setter crowd ? Well ,the W in Doha is the hotel for you. But it comes with an astronomical price tag ! Everything is so expensive , even compare to New York prices. The hotel has a new impeccable design, rooms are big and with all the comforts. Staff is friendly , good looking and very helpfull. The hotel in the West Bay area in the middle of all the constructions, so it's very noisy specially at night when the temperature is lower .

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business