“Clean hotel”

Retaj Al Rayyan Hotel
Ranked #44 of 140 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed 31 May 2012

It was our first trip to Qatar and we had a very pleasant stay.
The hotel is located in the Diplomatic Area within walking distance to the City Centre Mall.
Good breakfast buffé.
This is not the fanciest hotel in the neighbourhood but very good if you not are looking for a resort style hotel. This is more businesslike.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 April 2012

Comfy bed, Clean room?, Shaving Kit? I have recently joined a new company based in Dubai and I was booked a few nights stay at this hotel for a conference. After a long day in the office then came the fight, all I wanted was my bed at the other end and not to enter into conversation or small talk.

However upon arrival I was greeted by an extremely helpful member of staff called Amr who made me feel like I was a member of his family. He could obviously see that I was a bit worse for wear and checked me in, with the swiftness of a gazelle and even gave me a sea view without asking nothing was too much trouble!

This level of service needs to be commended. The rooms were / are very clean and I have subsequently been back to stay of the strength of my first visit. I have advised my company to agree a corporate rate as when you’re away from home; you would like all the comforts of home and service with a smile this hotel has all that required in abundance.

During my second visit I was lucky enough to be introduced to Essam Ragheb Kortam (Front Office Manager) and Ahmed Mokhtar (Assistant Front Office Manager) both of these chaps have been awfully decent to me during my stay, and have gone above and beyond to make me feel welcome. I will not only return for work but will bring my family also.

This hotel is a must if you are coming to Doha.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Carlo M
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Staff is always nice. They try hard to please but this is not enough. Its like you have good software but poor hardware.

Main pro: good location for business and always smiley staff (although most dont speak good english)

Two main Cons:
--Rooms have near zero noise insulation. Walls and connecting doors are wafer thin for sound
--Restaurant food is below average

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank FrqTrvllr
Reviewed 25 March 2012

This hotel aspires to be among the other top hotels in Doha (I visited a couple of others), but it falls short. I stayed for two nights, put up by my hosts in Doha. The interior is poorly lit all around and a little shabby. Hotel staff offer greetings in abundance but aren't really that helpful. My room was very cold due to a blowing A/C that would not respond to the in-room thermostat. Maintenance person came in a surly mood and couldn't fix anything -- finally advised me to turn it off (!). Found a dead roach in the room but I think (hope) this was an anomaly -- rooms are generally clean. The gym/sauna were not bad, though the treadmills were relatively poor quality -- fancy touchscreens that don't work. The location is fine, close to several other hotels in the diplomatic part of town. Overall disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank A S
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Stayed recently unexpectedly after missing our flight connection in Doha.
This the the hotel used by Qatar Airways for delayed passengers.

We were given a suite which was clean and well appointed and an extra bed arrived on request for our young daughter.
Linens were clean and fresh, tea/coffee facilities provided.

We ate three meals in the open buffet restaurant in adjacent to reception. Buffet selection was very good service not so (putting this down to the fact that there were lots of delayed Qatar passengers at the time)

We did use the swimming pool briefly -open to the elements it was too cold although water temperature good. My wife used the gym and reported positive feedback.

Wi-fi worked in front of house area but not rooms.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank fordwater
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Friendly staff but Finishings and amenities are old fashion and its clear the original workmanship was not of good quality. Maintenance could be better but some may like this and say it adds character. It all depends on what your looking for.
One thing I must criticise is that Internet access is only provided at an extra charge. In today's world, this is wrong and some

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank pkmtm128
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Stayed there for conference, staff were rude, laundry returned after 3 days asked. Food just it, nothing special. Lucky able to move to next hotel

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business