“Nice Hotel ..... but the competition is great”

Grand Hyatt Doha Hotel & Villas
Ranked #22 of 137 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel is located some way from the centre though, as this is Doha, not a problem as you would not dream of walking anywhere in this city.

The Hyatt is very grand as the name implies, service is impeccable - I was impressed that although they appease the international market by offering the normal breakfast buffet and omelette station the staff will deliver your choice to your table.

The location on the water front is great and the nearby Italian restaurant (part of the hotel) is a must - authentic Italian cooking at it's best.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Grand Hyatt D, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Doha Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Mike T,

Thank you for your valuable feedback with regards to your recent stay with us.
I am trully delighted to read that you have enjoyed your time and to read your positive comments about our breakfast buffet and Italian restaurant - Rocca.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon to experience another enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Two of us visited for 4 nights in May 2014. Overall we were very happy with our stay. This resort facility had several restaurants, a private beach and reasonably large swimming pool. Our room overlooked the pool area and we had our own private balcony, which is a facility generally unavailable at other places for the price we paid for this hotel. The room is well designed and has a suitably sized office desk, very comfortable beds and a nice marble bathroom with rainforest shower.

The only downside is the location of the hotel which is quite far from everything else in Doha, meaning you have to rely on taxis to get everywhere. Luckily that Hyatt has a private taxi service they operate across the road (white car) which I would say is trustable and reasonably cheap. The taxi service also catered for special requests such as when we asked to be taken to the Sheikh Faisal museum and asked the taxi to wait for us to return us home - everything was charged on a flat hourly fee off the meter. The likelyhood of getting the cheap public (green car) here is slim.

We did notice the staff in the breakfast restaurant were inproperly trained. When a customer gets seated, the waitress should welcome you to the table and offer you coffee etc., as opposed to continue to clear up other tables, especially in a 5* hotel. However, the slips here were more than made up for on reception / concierge / travel desk where staff remembered our names even after the first meeting and went out of their way to help us acquire taxis, book tours and give us general advice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jason F
Grand Hyatt D, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Doha Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Jason F,

Thank you for taking the time to share our experience of Grand Hyatt Doha.
We work hard to deliver a superb guest experience and I was especially happy to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to meet your expectations.
Thank you for your feedback in regards of the service at The Grill. I passed on your comments to the Grill's manager so we can look at ways how to maintain the highest levels of services for our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Grand Hyatt Doha where you are more than welcome.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

simply amazing in every thing rooms , pool , space, restaurants ..worth the money paid very very nice resort that you can stay the hotel during all the stay and you wouldn't be bored variety in choices makes you feel that you have space to choose any thing not cornered in one option

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Grand Hyatt D, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Doha Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Dear Fatma Azahraa,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Grand Hyatt Doha.
We work hard to deliver a superb guest experience and I was especially happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and to read such positive comments about our facilities and services.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Dear all,

today I am writing you in regards to my recent stay at the Grand Hyatt in Doha. It was one of these lat minute decision where i have decided to spend some times with close friends and enjoying a nice dinner with them. So I called the Hotel and made the booking. I have to admit that I know the GM very well and he organized everything from the Airport pickup until check in at the Hotel.
Apart from that the Hamad International Airport just open previously and they still have to get organized, Lito the driver from the Grand Hyatt, was very welcomed and really took care of and it was an enjoyable drive to the Hotel.
The check in at the Hotel was fantastic and the Assistant Duty Manager and Guest Relation Officer checked me in which was after Midnight based on my delay at the Airport.
But this makes it so special, you have a long time, you face some delays which can happen, they only thing you want than is just arriving and relaxing, which i absoluteness found being in the good hands of the Grand Hyatt team. The Hotel overall offers plenty of opportunities where you can enjoy yourself. I had a good night drink at the Bar, was remembered from last time, and it was such nice and i felt like home. But apart from the Bar, there are many nice restaurant you can spend time with and with excellent taste as the "Chef" is a real genius and understand the needs of his guests. So as you can see should you come into Doha and need a place to stay it is a good address to be in a nice location with a nice view from the room and I am sure you will enjoy your stay as they take care of you.

Happy traveling until the next time.

Room Tip: If you have the chance to overlook the Lagoon and the pool of the Hotel, really nice.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank oliver444
Grand Hyatt D, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Doha Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear oliver444,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Grand Hyatt Doha.
We work hard to deliver a superb guest experience and I was especially happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

As you may all know my history, I am not a rich man nor am I a poor man. Also, I have travelled to many countries and stayed in many many hotels.

Having said that, this is my first trip to the Middle East and to Qatar. In summary, the Grand Hyatt in Doha will be on par with the finest hotels in Las Vegas. I can not attest to the cost because the company invited me here for some discussions.

The Grand Hyatt is not just a hotel. It is a spa and resort. The facilities (beach, multiple pools, several fine restaurants) is staffed and managed by an attentive multi-cultural staff at every stage in the hotel experience is top notch.

So rather than bore or impress you with the items that will exceed your expectations, let me give you my personal little snippets that will make my one day intended stay and now one week stay memorable:

(1) I asked for and was nicely served off-the menu eggs benedict made with salmon without question or fuss.
(2) After the second day, greeted by first name and shown to my favourite table when available.
(3) Thinking I had left my wallet on the table, they made every effort to find my wallet that I had stupidly left in the room.
(4) Finding the in-house slippers of the finest quality.
(5) Asking for and getting a bottle opener within 5 minutes of calling to housekeeping.
(6) Arriving at the room after a long flight to find fresh fruit, wine and an amply stocked bar with high-class coffee maker available.
(7) Meeting the chief chef at the Rocca Italian restaurant who happily substituted side-courses for my preferences. And, perfectly cooked lamb chops and prime steaks to medium rare to medium every time along with a American barbecue short ribs which would have equalled one of the finest short ribs from Texas or Kansas for my taste.

In summary, the facilities and Grand Hyatt are befitting of the Qatar standards for excellence, hospitality and service.

ps. As in all my blogs and reviews, please respect the countries' culture, dress standards and behaviours and leave your personal notions and propaganda fueled views at home. You will find the Qatar nation and its people worthy of respect and admiration to the highest level of development.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Grand Hyatt D, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Doha Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Mad P,

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience of Grand Hyatt Doha.
I was pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your time with us and I will deffinitely share your most kind comments to the rest of the team.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another fabulous stay at Grand Hyatt Doha.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

we have booked a villa at the Grand hyatt to celebrate my sister's Bday.
we have enjoyed our time there and staff was helpful and made our stay worth,

we started the weekend with a lunch at the Grill, it was lively and nice, but I didn't like is the alcohol beverages on our HOLIDAY and served during the Friday call of prayer. if they really have to serve alcohol they must prohibitive during Friday prayer.

later we checked in the 3 bedroom villa with pool view and some sea view, it is a great villa ans spacious, we have enjoyed the pool, the beach and BBQ dinner at the terrace.
I only wished that the kitchen was fully equipped with all tools needed to cook a small meal or clean dishes; also wished if they had a DVD player.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Aisha,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Grand Hyatt Doha.
It was pleasure to have you staying with us and I am pleased to read your positive comments about your stay in one of our villas.
Thank you for your comments regarding the serving alcohol during the prayer time during Friday's brunch. I have passed on your comments to the respective department so we can look at ways to maintain the highest standards of service for our guests.

Christoph K.Franzen

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel location is nice facing the gulf and the famous Pearl development. Although the location is nice for spending nice time and relaxing on its long beach, but it's far away from the Airport, the Islamic Art Museum, souq wakef, and most of the attractions.
The rooms are big enough with v good facilities. The only thing that I noted that most of the staff specially in the front disk are not friendly enough. The relationship manager Miss Norline did her best to make us happy and satisfied.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Grand Hyatt D, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Doha Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear Ahmed A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Grand Hyatt Doha.
We work hard to deliver a superb guest experience and I was especially happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for your feedback in regards to the attitude of front office associates. I have passed on your comments to the respective manager so we can look at ways to maintain the highest standards of service for our guests.