“celebrating anniversary day in grand hayat”

Grand Hyatt Doha Hotel & Villas
Ranked #20 of 131 Hotels in Doha
doha, Qatar
“celebrating anniversary day in grand hayat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

the hotel is very good and walking in the beach is so romantic in the night and the food is great expecially in the Grill Resturant and rooms is clean. and the only problem is that the wireless connection is not free and you have to pay for it

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Grand Hyatt D, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Doha Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Shab Eddin S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Grand Hyatt Doha.
We work hard to deliver a superb guest experience and I was especially happy to hear you enjoyed your anniversary in our hotel.
Thank you for your feedback regarding the internet fees - I have passed on your comments to the respective department so we can discuss the same and look at ways to maintain the highest level of services for our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Grand Hyatt Doha where you are more than welcome.

Christoph K. Franzen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Enschede, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

My stay at Grant Hyatt was perfect. it started with check inn where i was informed about all optional extras that i could benefit. The receptionist was very friendly and helpfull The room was very good with a nice bath roome and a seperate toilet . Internet connection was of very good quality . When visiting Doha again the Grant Hyatt will be on top of my hotel list.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Grand Hyatt D, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Doha Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear Jan E,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Grand Hyatt Doha.

We work hard to deliver a superb guest experience and I was especially happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

One of The Best Hotels In Doha One of The Best Hotels In Doha One of The Best Hotels In Doha One of The Best Hotels In Doha One of The Best Hotels In Doha One of The Best Hotels In Doha No need for 200 Characters everything was perfect

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Grand Hyatt D, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Doha Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear Ahmed A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Grand Hyatt Doha.
We work hard to deliver a superb guest experience and I was especially happy to hear you have enjoyed your time with us.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I am an extensive traveler, and been to many hotels chains. I do respect all the big hotel brand names and their services but they will not reach that you can experience at Grand Hyatt Doha. It's simply your home in Paradise. When you are alone or on business trip the staff makes you feel you are among your own family.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Grand Hyatt D, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Doha Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Hussam I,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Grand Hyatt Doha.
We work hard to deliver a superb guest experience and I was especially happy to hear your positive feedback in regards of your recent stay.
We hope to welcoming you in the near future to experience another fabulous stay.

Christoph K.Franzen
Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I liked the room and the spa facilities, while the swimming pool and the beach are not the best in doha The way from the room to the swimming pool and the beach is very long and there is only one access also the car parking is out of the hotel which means that we have to go out of the hotel to reach our cars

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Sameh A,

Thank you for valuable feedback with regards to your recent stay with us.
I am glad to hear your positive comments about our rooms and Spa.
Thank you for your feedback regarding the distance of parking and pools from the hotel.
I have passed on your comments to the respective department so we can discuss the ways how to maintain the highest standards of service for our guests.

Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Property and location of the hotel is good. Rooms have comfortable beds with good view of the city. The prices of drinks is extremely high. We had a beer for around $13. I felt the staff could have been a little more courteous. When i checked out, i wanted my luggage to be kept in a colleague's room. When the same was told to the concierge, he had a very unpleasant expression on his face. Felt like i am forcing him to do his duty. Probably the staff needs to be a little more friendly.

Dear Kanishk_kumar,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Grand Hyatt Doha.
We work hard to deliver a superb guest experience and I was especially happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hear your positive comments about our rooms and view.
Thank you for your feedback regarding the prices of drinks. I have passed on your comments to the respective department so we can look at ways to maintain the hightest standards of service for our guests.

UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

I am a Hyatt Gold Passport holder and expected better after staying for 17 nights in Doha, Qatar.

The hotel itself is sumptuous though the customer service let it down.

Each annoyance was not, in itself, a reason to write a poor review. All large hotels simply cannot hope to get it right all the time. So, let’s forget: the occasional non-delivery of the newspaper (duly rectified but it all takes effort); the occasional non-pick-up of the breakfast order card during the night and the absence of breakfast the next morning (duly rectified but it all takes effort); the removal of minibar items by hotel staff and the imposition of a 200-rial charge (about £30 or US $50) (duly rectified but it all takes effort). These are simple things as was the absence of Arabic coffee in the main atrium (only Turkish) and we are in Qatar? The Arabic coffee was available in the Arabic restaurant (right next to the atrium) so the waitress could not get it from there? Similarly annoying was the closing of two restaurants (the Arabic and the Italian) on an ad hoc basis due to a “private function”. There are two other restaurants, a Grill and a Thai that do not close, but if one wants Arabic or Italian then a Thai or a Grill is not really a good substitute. If the hotel advertises four restaurants then short of a fire there should be four restaurants. Talking of which, I will not go into detail about the chaotic fire alarm evacuation I went through ~ first time with a fire alarm going off I should think.

Before I come to the Reception, I must say the most impressive people in the hotel were the young men managing the pool area ~ polite and efficient and helpful which is remarkable considering the rudeness of some of the hotel customers when speaking to them. The gym people were also excellent as were the grounds staff who kept everywhere in pristine shape.

Anyway, to the Reception. Early in the morning on the day of departure I asked Reception to organise a car to the airport (the same as I had when coming to the hotel 17 nights earlier). I was told that it would be more expensive since the new airport had opened. In fact to cover the extra distance (8 km the reception person said) the price had gone from 165 rials to 265 rials (an additional charge of around £30 or US$ 50) for the few kilometres. I said that I would therefore have a cheaper car, and he confirmed he would arrange it.

When checking out in the evening, not only had he done nothing at all I, but I then had to have the same conversation with the new Reception staff. Again, their excuse for the increase was the increase in distance. So I said that given I was a Hyatt Gold Passport holder and had spent thousands of pounds and even more dollars with them that they should simply offer me the car at the price of 17 days ago. They said they could not do that as an agency does the cars not the hotel. I would not mind an increase if it was commensurate with the extra distance but the extra that they wanted was simply profiteering. But the real problem was the attitude of the Reception staff to a genuine customer concern: they were very dismissive with no attempt to be helpful ~ take it or leave it ~ so, I simply got a street taxi.

I suggest if you are thinking of the Hyatt, simply go next door to the Ritz Carlton, slightly more expensive but worth it ~ and they are really polite and customer-focussed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank BlackHat7
Grand Hyatt D, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Doha Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear Blackhat7,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I would like to sincerely apologise for your recent experience with us. We set very high standards on the level of services we provide and the product we offer and I wanted to re-assure you that we have taken your feedback onboard and will deal with it seriously.
I hope you will return to Grand Hyatt Doha in the future and allow us to demonstrate our commitment to the highest levels of services.