“Grand Hyatt Doha - I left with a case full of ants”

Grand Hyatt Doha Hotel & Villas
Ranked #21 of 140 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I spent 2 days at the Grand Hyatt and I was given what I thought was a great ground floor room with sun loungers which I was very pleased with. The room was large and nicely furnished. The only problem was the ants. There were ants in the bathroom, ants on the walls, ants on my bed and I found some ants in my suitcase when I returned. I don't know if it was ant season but I spent half the night looking out for them. Had I noticed the ants when I first checked in I would have asked for another room but I only noticed them when I was turning in for the night and I had an early start the next morning so didn't have the time to pack and request a room change.

Other than the ant problem, the service was very good and the Thai restaurant, Isaan, was also very good.

The hotel is a few minutes walk from the Lusail Marina Mall shopping centre which had an impressive selection of shops if you have a few hours to kill.

The hotel was around an hour's drive from the airport and that was outside rush hour.

Room Tip: Avoid a ground floor room as mine ended up having lots of ants.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Grand Hyatt D, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Doha Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Pebble1973,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Grand Hyatt Doha.
I regret that you have left with negative impression and about the unpleasant experience with the ants in your room.
I have passed on your comments to the Housekeeping manager so we can look at ways that we can improve and continue to provide the best guest experience possible.
I hope you will return to Grand Hyatt Doha in the future and allow us to demonstrate our commitment to the highest levels of services.

Christoph K. Franzen

Write a ReviewReviews (1,368)

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I just spent 5 nights here on a business trip. This was my first visit to the Middle East. I was on the 5 th floor which is the Club Floor at this Hyatt. My room was very spacious with a huge bathroom. There was a separate shower and tub. I had a balcony with a view of the Arabian Sea. This hotel has a beach and the largest infinity pool I have ever seen. A full buffet breakfast at Rocca Restaurant was included with my club room as well as nightly snacks and all day ice cold water, juice and soda. The staff is helpful and accommodating . I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I recommend a club room on the fifth floor as the extra amenities are worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Grand Hyatt D, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Doha Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Bes9002,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Grand Hyatt Doha.
We work hard to deliver a superb guest experience and I was especially happy to hear you enjoyed your stay in one of our Club Room and also Grand Club services.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Grand Hyatt Doha where you are more than welcome.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

too bad service as we were a business group ,we have been shocked once alarm started to leave building to assembly point on 09 Jul 2014 then they told us it's fake alarm . more over we asked for ((suhur meal )) as we are fasting in Ramadan ,receptionist told me with 15 minutes will be at your room ,after 15 minutes they told me we can't bring suhur meal to you ,after taking mangers they have no clear reply and no apologize at all .
note: fasting that it's forbidden to eat or drink from roughly(( 3 am to 6:30 pm )) that means if we miss suhur meal before 3 am i have to wait till 6:30 pm without eating or drink , so that grand hyatt doha is the right place to be hungry and worry as well .

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 758NADA
Grand Hyatt D, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Doha Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear 758NADA,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Grand Hyatt Doha.

We are sorry to hear that we were not able to live up to your expectations and that you left with negative a impression.

The safety and security of our guests is paramount, we check our systems on a regular basis to ensure they function property. It is very unfortunate the at times false alarms do happen for various reasons. We believe that while this is an inconvenience, it is better to accept a false fire alarm then having a real fire and the system is not responding, endangering the lives of our guests and associates.

With regards to your Sohour complaint, please note that the hotel has followed up with your tour organiser on various occasions and requested the information as to how many guests of your group would be fasting and therefore avail of the meal before sunrise.

Despite our request for information, the same was not forthcoming.

It is very unfortunate that after your group arrived our Room Service has received in excess of 40 calls for meals to be served in a time frame of less than one hour!

If we would have had this information from the outset; the hotel would have been able to plan for the same but at that moment the operation was simply not able to handle all requests in a timely manner.

We hope that you will return to Grand Hyatt Doha in the future and allow us to demonstrate our commitment to the highest levels of services.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

This is not my first stay in Grand Hyatt: the hotel is excellent, very clean, with spacious modern room and state of the art facilities and restaurants. A truly well-deserved 5 stars!

I really enjoyed the food and the facilities of the room (iPod dock, huge bed, satellite TV, balcony, the epic bathroom...). However, I think that the gym is a bit small and it might get packed quickly...for improvement.

I would like to give a special thanks to Lamia and Abdulaziz at reception. They welcomed me in a great, friendly and classy way and they were both available to help my requests (transport, restaurants, provided me with a quite room...) - thank you very much.

I will be more than happy to come back and would strongly recommend this hotel - try the cakes!

Oussama

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank MentosDoha
Grand Hyatt D, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Doha Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear MentosDoha,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Grand Hyatt Doha.
We work hard to deliver a superb guest experience and I was especially happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and to hear all the positive comments about the food, facilites and services.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We had a fabulous 2 nights stay at the hotel. From the moment we walked in, everyone there was incredibly nice and happy assisting us. The room, food and amenities were excellent! Plus, it was really heart warming when I saw they have prepared a Birthday cake for me and they surprised me with another one on our last day. We live in Doha and as I'm currently pregnant it would be difficult to travel on holidays. So, we decided to have a staycation and spend 2 nights at this hotel. I must say to top it all, we were extremely satisfied and had the best weekend relaxation ever (esp. for my 4 yo daughter). We would definitely plan again for another memorable weekend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Grand Hyatt D, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Doha Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Kristine Q,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Grand Hyatt Doha.

We work hard to deliver a superb guest experience and I was especially happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

This deluxe hotel is set in 27 acres of lush gardens on the edge of West Bay Lagoon, and boasts the best private sandy beach in Doha.
Guest rooms are generous, bathrooms are oversized with large glass walk-in shower enclosures, and the Hyatt Grand Bed is divine.
Pay a bit more to stay in a Grand room with access to the hotel's exclusive Grand Club Lounge on the fifth floor, which serves free wines and bubbly from 6pm until 8pm every night.
The hotel's award winning Thai restaurant, Isaan, is excellent. Try the tasting menu.
Mezza with a modern twist served in the hotel's Arabic café, Majlis, is superb. As is Majlis' shisha.
Get your coffee from Biscotti. Biscotti's home made Valrhona chocolates are also superb.
The pizzas at Rocca are the best in the city. And Rocca's veal cutlet main course is delicious.
Tharanga and Michael on the concierge desk are supremely helpful and efficient.
Oh and the hotel's 7 series BMW has wi-fi in the car.

Room Tip: Pay a bit more to stay in a Grand room with access to the hotel's exclusive Grand Club Lounge on...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Grand Hyatt D, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Doha Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear TheCulturalTraveller,

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Was nice place and I enjoy my anniversary there. Just something I don't like is the room service was bad always LATE you never get your order fast and the change they bring the change back late more than 1.5hrs

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
1  Thank Hassan A

Dear Hassan A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Grand Hyatt Doha.

We work hard to deliver a superb guest experience and I was especially happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. It is small gestures that set our service apart.

Thank you for your feedback regarding your Room Service experience and I have passed on your comments to the respective department so we can look at ways to maintain the highest standards of service for our guests.