“Comfortable Stay but Average Hotel.”

Holiday Villa Hotel & Residence City Centre
Ranked #56 of 135 Hotels in Doha
Bahrain
“Comfortable Stay but Average Hotel.”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I stayed here for 1 week and found the hotel to be very comfortable. The rooms are large and clean and you can get a quiet nights sleep. The food in the ground floor restaurants is OK, I have had better, similarly the breakfast is also standard stuff but with lots of west and east style foods on offer.

The waiting staff are proficient and friendly however the reception staff are not always customer focused. I was told that I would be able to get a shuttle bus from the airport to the hotel at 19:30 but when I went to the hotel kiosk at the airport at 19:20 it was closed and despite calling the number given there was no answer. I then took it upon myself to go to the shuttle bus parking zone but there was no hotel bus present. At 19:30 I went back to the hotel kiosk after eventually calling the hotel representative. I asked about the bus to be told that it left early, this is despite the hotel having my arrival details on his job sheet. When asked when I would get a shuttle bus the hotel representative told me it would be at least 30 minutes so I should "go into the terminal and have a coffee"; as a busy business traveller I can't afford to waste time sitting in an airport coffee shop. At my own expense I took a taxi instead which saved me a lot of time and wasn't so expensive. The issue here, however, isn't the lack of shuttle bus. When I told the reception staff of my situation they were dismissive and weren't really paying attention to my complaint. They were focused on getting me checked in only, i.e. doing the job by the numbers and not actually serving the client. They also lied to me saying I was expected at 17:00, I was never expected at this time and I showed the staff my booking with a 19:00 arrival, the same time on the job sheet at the airport kiosk. OK, make an excuse but don't make feeble lies to cover the hotel's shortcomings.

Would I stay here again? Probably, but it wouldn't be my first, or even second, choice in Doha.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Holiday V, Manager at Holiday Villa Hotel & Residence City Centre, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Thank you for your comments. We value your feedback and apologized for the shortcomings and inconvenience caused while we strive to provide better services and ensure that guests' experience with us is to their satisfaction . Thank you and warm wishes.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 26 September 2013

A very good hotel well suited for big groups.
1 of the top breakfasts I've ever had was in this hotel.
rooms are well organized/very clean/comfortable.
Hotel gym is too small/not adequate for full training.
Pool and lobby are not large as well.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Holiday V, Manager at Holiday Villa Hotel & Residence City Centre, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Thank you for your comments. We are glad that you had a comfortable stay at our hotel.We look forward to serve you again and thank you for the support. Warm wishes.
Peshawar Pakistan
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Holiday Villa Hotel & Residence is situated near Doha International Airport (Probably by far the worst Airport, I ever landed in).

This property is close to Grand Hamad Stadium, Doha Fort, Souq Waqif, Aspire Zone, Education City, Al-Waab Cityand a local Cinema.

Hotel's nice clean tall building live up to my expectations. High speed Free WI-FI, supportive staff, outdoor pool, business center, currency exchange, fitness centre and a nice coffee shop in the lobby makes your stay even better. Food quality was just above average and I.T. Department says a quick "YES" to clients queries (May be i am hinting at a Bangalore based I.T. guy in hotel's I.T. Department). Rooms are spacious, wide and comfortable.

This property is 11 stories tall with more than 750 rooms, yet its quite cool and calm. No rush, No queue's makes your check in/out as fast as you like.

My overall 3 nights stay was awesome, yet i din't find anything in the name of entertainment and there is no tourist help desk in the hotel.

Suitable for all type of visitors. Hotel should be given a chance to serve you, if you are in doha or plane to be........................................ but Doha Airport.....Oh !!! how can i avoid it in my next trip? any advise?

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank Luckyblessed
Thank you for your kind comments. We appreciate your feedback and we are glad that you had a great time staying with us.It will be a pleasure for us to serve you again and we shall be looking forward to your return visit to Doha. Thank you and warm wishes.
Brasilia, DF
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Holiday Villa is a very comfortable hotel in Doha, Qatar. They keep thinking of the guests' welfare all the time. For the first time, I stayed in a hotel where they offer water, coffee, tea or milk for free and where there are a table ironing, iron, and also the hair drier. The shower is perfect, and the toilet products are great.
The restaurant works 24/7, and they serve Malai food besides Arabic, and international food. There is an extremely wide range of options for food.
One thing that was remarkable was the welcome message to me (with my name) when I first turn the TV on.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors are more silent.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Location is perfect.service is nice.

There's no automatic wake up call system so many times i haven't received my wake up call.5 of 10 times.make sure u select your own alarm.

Sometimes, if the staff is busy nobody picks up the phone. I hold once for 35 min trying to call reception, concerge, operator...

The pool is ok, but I've been living here for years and the heating system is still not working and the cooling sy does!!! the water is freezing!! U may think that's not a problem living in the middle east, but believe me when i say its impossible swim between October to June. It's not nice at all. We have complained so may times and they don't do anything.

• Stayed September 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

I had a very good stay here, was upgraded to a suite without asking, fast wifi included in the rate with individual wifi router points in each room guaranteeing good signal, room was spacious but basic, very basic breakfast buffet though, could be better. I recommend it it

• Stayed June 2013
Holiday V, Manager at Holiday Villa Hotel & Residence City Centre, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Thank you for your comments. We are glad to hear that you had a good stay and that you were satisfied with our facilities and services. We hope to serve you again in Doha and provide you with our finest hospitality.
Reviewed 4 September 2013

its perhaps best place to live in on a business tour
top class cleanliness, hospitality and ambience makes it a first choice for me in doha
the best part is- understnading the guest by the staff- especially early check in and late check out-- simply unmatched with whatever experience i have travelling around the world
its vicinity to the airport is an added advantage in terms of time saving
overall superb!

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your lovely compliments. We are truly happy that you had enjoyed your stay with us and found your accommodation value for money. We look forward to serve you again with our finest services on your next trip to Doha.