“Got nice upgrade ” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #59 of 141 Hotels in Doha
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“Got nice upgrade ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

I was first time in Doha, so hotel was recommended by my business partner.

Hotel is situated away from the centre and away from some nice restaurants. I did a short walk around, but there is really nothing to see or do there.

Hotel is combination of real hotel and living quarter. Stuff was friendly and helpfull.

I have booked nonsmoking executive room but as they did not have it upon my arrival I got upgraded to nice and spacious suite with big bathroom, relatively small but nicely furbished bad room and big living room.

So stay there was OK and there is planty of space if you need to work or have meetings in a hotel.

I was a bit disappointed with food offer. Asian restaurant seemed nice but they didn't have selection. There are a lot of dishes on the menu, but lack quite few of them in reality. They need to improve that.

It was good hotel but service level on the food side needs to improve as also breakfast is somehow below the standard for this kind of hotels.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Holiday V, Manager at Holiday Villa Hotel & Residence City Centre, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Thank you on your feedback in relating to our food offerings. We will share your comments with our team and we will try to make further improvements in our services.It is our aim to ensure that guests have an enjoyable and memorable stay with us . Thank you and warm wishes.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

Recently stayed here on a short business trip to Doha. Rooms are getting a bot tired but size is quiet good. Cafe in foyer area and International Cafe are quiet good and reasonably priced but if your a non smoker make sure you get into the non smoking area for the foyer cafe as there seemed to be a lot of chain smokers. Door staff are helpful, unless you want a taxi then they direct you t the main road to hail one.

Management need to address personal hygiene of room staff as I went into room just after it had been cleaned by house keeping to be meet by the strong smell of BO. On leaving I passed the housekeeping staff member and confirmed that this was an issue.

Overall not bad and there is a shop in the basement level, as well as a snooker hall, gym, beauty spa and another cafe in the courtyard near the main entrance.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments.We thank you for highlighting your concerns and extend our sincere apologies for the setback that you had encountered .Rest assured that we are looking into your comments positively . Moving forward ,it is our aim to ensure that our guests have a comfortable and pleasant stay with us.Hope to see you back again.
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

I stayed at this place for almost 10 days. Rooms are very comfortable and very spacious. Service is good however, I was not very impressed with the food. Everything in Qatar is imported so is non-veg and it's very different from what is available in India. Nevertheless hope you enjoy your stay there.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Holiday V, Manager at Holiday Villa Hotel & Residence City Centre, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Thank you for your comments. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we are glad that you had a good and comfortable stay with us. We look forward to see you again in Doha. Warm wishes.
Bahrain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

I stayed here for 1 week and found the hotel to be very comfortable. The rooms are large and clean and you can get a quiet nights sleep. The food in the ground floor restaurants is OK, I have had better, similarly the breakfast is also standard stuff but with lots of west and east style foods on offer.

The waiting staff are proficient and friendly however the reception staff are not always customer focused. I was told that I would be able to get a shuttle bus from the airport to the hotel at 19:30 but when I went to the hotel kiosk at the airport at 19:20 it was closed and despite calling the number given there was no answer. I then took it upon myself to go to the shuttle bus parking zone but there was no hotel bus present. At 19:30 I went back to the hotel kiosk after eventually calling the hotel representative. I asked about the bus to be told that it left early, this is despite the hotel having my arrival details on his job sheet. When asked when I would get a shuttle bus the hotel representative told me it would be at least 30 minutes so I should "go into the terminal and have a coffee"; as a busy business traveller I can't afford to waste time sitting in an airport coffee shop. At my own expense I took a taxi instead which saved me a lot of time and wasn't so expensive. The issue here, however, isn't the lack of shuttle bus. When I told the reception staff of my situation they were dismissive and weren't really paying attention to my complaint. They were focused on getting me checked in only, i.e. doing the job by the numbers and not actually serving the client. They also lied to me saying I was expected at 17:00, I was never expected at this time and I showed the staff my booking with a 19:00 arrival, the same time on the job sheet at the airport kiosk. OK, make an excuse but don't make feeble lies to cover the hotel's shortcomings.

Would I stay here again? Probably, but it wouldn't be my first, or even second, choice in Doha.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Holiday V, Manager at Holiday Villa Hotel & Residence City Centre, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Thank you for your comments. We value your feedback and apologized for the shortcomings and inconvenience caused while we strive to provide better services and ensure that guests' experience with us is to their satisfaction . Thank you and warm wishes.
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

A very good hotel well suited for big groups.
1 of the top breakfasts I've ever had was in this hotel.
rooms are well organized/very clean/comfortable.
Hotel gym is too small/not adequate for full training.
Pool and lobby are not large as well.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments. We are glad that you had a comfortable stay at our hotel.We look forward to serve you again and thank you for the support. Warm wishes.
Peshawar Pakistan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

Holiday Villa Hotel & Residence is situated near Doha International Airport (Probably by far the worst Airport, I ever landed in).

This property is close to Grand Hamad Stadium, Doha Fort, Souq Waqif, Aspire Zone, Education City, Al-Waab Cityand a local Cinema.

Hotel's nice clean tall building live up to my expectations. High speed Free WI-FI, supportive staff, outdoor pool, business center, currency exchange, fitness centre and a nice coffee shop in the lobby makes your stay even better. Food quality was just above average and I.T. Department says a quick "YES" to clients queries (May be i am hinting at a Bangalore based I.T. guy in hotel's I.T. Department). Rooms are spacious, wide and comfortable.

This property is 11 stories tall with more than 750 rooms, yet its quite cool and calm. No rush, No queue's makes your check in/out as fast as you like.

My overall 3 nights stay was awesome, yet i din't find anything in the name of entertainment and there is no tourist help desk in the hotel.

Suitable for all type of visitors. Hotel should be given a chance to serve you, if you are in doha or plane to be........................................ but Doha Airport.....Oh !!! how can i avoid it in my next trip? any advise?

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank Luckyblessed
Thank you for your kind comments. We appreciate your feedback and we are glad that you had a great time staying with us.It will be a pleasure for us to serve you again and we shall be looking forward to your return visit to Doha. Thank you and warm wishes.
Brasilia, DF
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

Holiday Villa is a very comfortable hotel in Doha, Qatar. They keep thinking of the guests' welfare all the time. For the first time, I stayed in a hotel where they offer water, coffee, tea or milk for free and where there are a table ironing, iron, and also the hair drier. The shower is perfect, and the toilet products are great.
The restaurant works 24/7, and they serve Malai food besides Arabic, and international food. There is an extremely wide range of options for food.
One thing that was remarkable was the welcome message to me (with my name) when I first turn the TV on.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors are more silent.