“Stay spoiled by terrible f & b”

Holiday Villa Hotel & Residence City Centre
Ranked #58 of 135 Hotels in Doha
Doha, Qatar
“Stay spoiled by terrible f & b”
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

As usual stayed here during my trip to qatar. Rooms excellent as usual very clean, easy check in/check out friendly reception staff. The problem once again lies with the food and beverage dept. room service order was not delivered as per the menu and request. Kampung satay was delivered without satay sauce as is stated on the menu, food was not hot, probably cause they delivered it without a hotbox and on a tray. Ordered ice and lemon with our drinks didn't arrive, and even delivered incorrect drink order. After checking out went to have lunch in the lobby area whilst waiting to go to the airport. After 30 minutes told the order had not been printed in the kitchen due to problem with the micros printer ok understandable these things happen. Then told the waitress if it will take a long time cancel the order as we had to go to the airport. She insisted it wouldn't take long. After another 30 minutes they delivered the salad. I will attach the photo ordered Niçoise salad which was terrible. 3 small chunks of tinned tuna, dry julienne cucumber and dry green beans. Quite obviously not fresh and probably from the mise en place the day before. The burger we ordered didn't even arrive. When I said we were leaving and refused to pay and asked for the manager no one arrived exept a supervisor or captain maybe with no customer service or answer. She was quite clearly incompetent. Please sort this problem out as the food standards seem to be getting worse and there is a clear lack of management. Credit to the chef I spoke to was clearly professional and dealt with the situation effectively.

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank Nicholas404
Holiday V, Manager at Holiday Villa Hotel & Residence City Centre, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Thank you for your comments.We took note of your feedback and had been the issues with all the relevant staff .Measures are being taken to avoid any lapse in quality and services . We will intensify training for kitchen staff and ensure that special attention are given to maintain a high level of services. We thank you for your support and we hope to serve you again .Thank you and warm wishes.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Stayed on business for the entire month of Sept and half of October,2013. The hotel is big and the foyer is striking. Staff are very helpful. Lifts are on the smaller size for the number of floors in the hotel. Rooms are good sized, and I heard that the rooms on the periphery (the hotel is shaped elliptically) are bigger in size. Breakfast is great and towards the start of October, they opened a live eggs counter which was nice. Lunch and Dinner are available in the hotel, a bit expensive but generally good food. I tried the Café and the Chinese in the hotel premises. In the residence apartments around the hotel (in the same complex), there is a café, a salon, and a fast food Chinese/Filipino joint called "Chow King" which is good value for money. There is a conveniences shop in the basement which is very useful when you need something urgently.
There is nothing of interest close to the hotel. It is not easy to walk on the Doha pavements and the nearest area for shops etc is Al Muntazah which is a good 10-15 minute walk through roads with bad lighting and in some places no pavements. Not recommended in the night. There is a supermarket "Al Meera" which is a good 15 minute walk from the hotel. It has most things including food items etc.
Beware- Hailing a normal cab in the hotel area is not easy. Cabs in Doha are always in demand and in this area, you have to pray that some cab comes to drop somebody off at the hotel.
The hotel is peaceful and quiet and I enjoyed my stay. Will certainly stay again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Holiday V, Manager at Holiday Villa Hotel & Residence City Centre, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Thank you for your comments.We trust that you had a good stay at our hotel and enjoyed our services. It will be our pleasure to serve you again and provide you with our finest hospitality.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I have stayed in this hotel about 8 times in last 1 year. absolutely love it
It has great location, nice staff and affordable rates. Also good breakfast. The only trouble you may have is finding parking space in up season though they give you underground parking. But simply I like this place and always stay here when I go and possibly will in the future always

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
We are touche by your kind comments and we thank you for your support to Holiday Villa.We look forward to have you back with us and serve you with our finest services always. Thank you and have a nice day.
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

I was first time in Doha, so hotel was recommended by my business partner.

Hotel is situated away from the centre and away from some nice restaurants. I did a short walk around, but there is really nothing to see or do there.

Hotel is combination of real hotel and living quarter. Stuff was friendly and helpfull.

I have booked nonsmoking executive room but as they did not have it upon my arrival I got upgraded to nice and spacious suite with big bathroom, relatively small but nicely furbished bad room and big living room.

So stay there was OK and there is planty of space if you need to work or have meetings in a hotel.

I was a bit disappointed with food offer. Asian restaurant seemed nice but they didn't have selection. There are a lot of dishes on the menu, but lack quite few of them in reality. They need to improve that.

It was good hotel but service level on the food side needs to improve as also breakfast is somehow below the standard for this kind of hotels.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you on your feedback in relating to our food offerings. We will share your comments with our team and we will try to make further improvements in our services.It is our aim to ensure that guests have an enjoyable and memorable stay with us . Thank you and warm wishes.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Recently stayed here on a short business trip to Doha. Rooms are getting a bot tired but size is quiet good. Cafe in foyer area and International Cafe are quiet good and reasonably priced but if your a non smoker make sure you get into the non smoking area for the foyer cafe as there seemed to be a lot of chain smokers. Door staff are helpful, unless you want a taxi then they direct you t the main road to hail one.

Management need to address personal hygiene of room staff as I went into room just after it had been cleaned by house keeping to be meet by the strong smell of BO. On leaving I passed the housekeeping staff member and confirmed that this was an issue.

Overall not bad and there is a shop in the basement level, as well as a snooker hall, gym, beauty spa and another cafe in the courtyard near the main entrance.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your comments.We thank you for highlighting your concerns and extend our sincere apologies for the setback that you had encountered .Rest assured that we are looking into your comments positively . Moving forward ,it is our aim to ensure that our guests have a comfortable and pleasant stay with us.Hope to see you back again.
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I stayed at this place for almost 10 days. Rooms are very comfortable and very spacious. Service is good however, I was not very impressed with the food. Everything in Qatar is imported so is non-veg and it's very different from what is available in India. Nevertheless hope you enjoy your stay there.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your comments. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we are glad that you had a good and comfortable stay with us. We look forward to see you again in Doha. Warm wishes.
Bahrain
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I stayed here for 1 week and found the hotel to be very comfortable. The rooms are large and clean and you can get a quiet nights sleep. The food in the ground floor restaurants is OK, I have had better, similarly the breakfast is also standard stuff but with lots of west and east style foods on offer.

The waiting staff are proficient and friendly however the reception staff are not always customer focused. I was told that I would be able to get a shuttle bus from the airport to the hotel at 19:30 but when I went to the hotel kiosk at the airport at 19:20 it was closed and despite calling the number given there was no answer. I then took it upon myself to go to the shuttle bus parking zone but there was no hotel bus present. At 19:30 I went back to the hotel kiosk after eventually calling the hotel representative. I asked about the bus to be told that it left early, this is despite the hotel having my arrival details on his job sheet. When asked when I would get a shuttle bus the hotel representative told me it would be at least 30 minutes so I should "go into the terminal and have a coffee"; as a busy business traveller I can't afford to waste time sitting in an airport coffee shop. At my own expense I took a taxi instead which saved me a lot of time and wasn't so expensive. The issue here, however, isn't the lack of shuttle bus. When I told the reception staff of my situation they were dismissive and weren't really paying attention to my complaint. They were focused on getting me checked in only, i.e. doing the job by the numbers and not actually serving the client. They also lied to me saying I was expected at 17:00, I was never expected at this time and I showed the staff my booking with a 19:00 arrival, the same time on the job sheet at the airport kiosk. OK, make an excuse but don't make feeble lies to cover the hotel's shortcomings.

Would I stay here again? Probably, but it wouldn't be my first, or even second, choice in Doha.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Holiday V, Manager at Holiday Villa Hotel & Residence City Centre, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Thank you for your comments. We value your feedback and apologized for the shortcomings and inconvenience caused while we strive to provide better services and ensure that guests' experience with us is to their satisfaction . Thank you and warm wishes.