“good hotel excellent services”

Holiday Villa Hotel & Residence City Centre
Ranked #60 of 137 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed 8 June 2014

i stayed at the hotel between 11/05/14 and 19/0514 while on business.my profession means i travel alot therefore i have stayed in quite a number of hotels.
when i walked in at the reception was greeted with alot of smiles check in was swift and the lady who checked me in was nice enough to explain to me everything i needed to know in detail for my stay but one thing that really stood out was the last words"if you need any assistance anytime don't hesitate to call us dial zero i hope you enjoy your stay with us!" thank you milka i enjoyed my stay
the rooms were kept clean neat n tidy,food was also ok but the services at the restaurant was abit slow basically with the services i got id recommend this hotel to anyone whose visiting doha anytime

2  Thank varga s
Holiday V, Manager at Holiday Villa Hotel & Residence City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

The Management thank you for your recent reviews on TripAdvisor and are delighted to hear that you have had an enjoyable stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Villa Doha and be of service to you again. Rest assured that we will upkeep our product and strive to improve our overall services

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Hotel is very good , location is good , but services is less than a 3 stars hotel , reception people don't care , any thing you ask about they said we will get back and never hear from them again , no laundry service after 10 pm and you can get it before noon anyway .
Check in takes like forever and you have to check every thing your self .
Other than this it's in good location where easily you can move to any place.
Don't pick a room that looks in the inside because then all you can see is an ugly car park.

• Stayed: May 2014
Holiday V, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Villa Hotel & Residence City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

The management would like to thank you for your feedback. Kindly accept our apologies for the unpleasant experience
during your stay and the inconvenience that it has caused you. Regarding your concerns, rest assured that your comments have been raised to the management and proper measures are being taken accordingly to improve our services.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I just spent 3 nights at this hotel while on a business trip. I've tried quite a few hotels in Doha and I can say that this one offers good service and good value for money, comparatively.

The rooms are quite spacious and clean, the lobby is large, staff are attentive and responsive. You may experience a morning 'rush hour' around 7:30 in the morning at the min entrance when most of the business visitors leave to office :)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights during mid may 2014, the rooms were kept to a very high standard, I used the buffet dinner facilities on 3 occasions and each time it the chefs had put on loads of variations for everyone. The pool was nice to have my dip around 8pm and the gym facilities were to a decent standard. I would stay again. shame it was a dry hotel.

Room Tip: If your wanting a hotel with a bar that serves alcoholic drinks then head for the Radisson Blu!
1  Thank safetyservices75

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed here for 3 days, had a good experience. Room cleaning was done on a daily basis. Good with-fi service which was imp for me. The hotel us centrally located and us cost effective. Friendly staffs.

1  Thank JenMats
Holiday V, Manager at Holiday Villa Hotel & Residence City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

We thank you for your feedback and are delighted to hear that you have had an enjoyable and satisfactory stay with us.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I stayed in a Superior Twin Room. Actually, a studio or more of a 1bedroom appartment.... it had a bedroom and a separated living room; both with LCD/Plasma tv's.

In the living area I had a confortable couch with a desk with telephone,(internet cable,etc). The "tea-corner"(water boiler,a selection of teas,coffee,sugar, milk, mini-bar with a sink) separated the living from the dining area with a table for 4.

The bed was confy.

I enjoyed the wide (or smart) selection of international channels.

The bathroom had both a shower and a bathtub. But you could also take a shower in the bathtub which can be time saving when u travel with company and both need to shower at the same time.
Amenities (toiletries) were the best, if you forgot to bring something from home (toothbrush?comb?...) you could find it in the toiletry basket provided to you.

Breakfast: A wide selection of international products...from hummus to croissants, the world is yours! :D

I heard the gym was also nice :), personally i had no time to go there, i was really looking forward to but, hey! An hotel with a gym is always good!

Only thing I didn't love was how slow check in was...like, we were a group of six, we arrived at 1am..but, i think it took us almost an hour to check in...anyway, at least the bed was good!

Wireless is available all over the hotel. =)

The hotel is well located, close to the airport (but not too close that you can hear the airplanes land)...

I guess I mentioned everything. :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

The Management thank you for your recent reviews on TripAdvisor and are delighted to hear that you have had an enjoyable stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Villa Doha and be of service to you again. Rest assured that we will upkeep our product and the amenities and strive to improve better overall.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I checked in at the hotel on the 15th of March and stayed there till 21st of April 2014. For the first week i was really satisfied with the overall stay, food, service, cleanliness of the rooms, and the hospitality of the staff.
Problems started to happen from the second week. When i found out that housekeeping only come to change the blankets however they do nothing to clean room. By the end of the 5 weeks i could easily write down my name on the floor and on the bed side table from the massive amounts of dust.
I even asked them for batteries for the TV remote control and they never got it.
The pool design and location is really bad. If you want to have a sun bath, you have to be by the pool from 9 AM till noon max as the sun will be behind the hotel building.
For some reason this hotel is attractive to sports teams, during my stay there was a competition for aerobics or something, and the hotel was invaded with sports people, all of this is good however, in the breakfast the hotel stopped serving omlette during the sports people stay.
2 Terrible things have happened, I sent one shirt to the laundry and it came back with an ink stain. And when i complained i was faced with complete stupidity and ignorance. Despite the fact that my booking was through my company, which is one of the American companies present in Doha. All what was offered to me was either 5 times the cost of laundry or one time to send to the laundry for free!!!!!
Last but not least. One of my polo shirts was stolen from my room. And again when i complained, nothing happened. Just had lots of discussions with silly useless people and when I told them I will call the police, they told me that nothing will happen. And when i asked them to check the cleaning guy. I was also advised that this guy used to work for the hotel for 5 years without a single complaint!!!!! this is the reply I got.
In case you are obliged to stay there make sure you stay for one or two nights max, dont use the laundry, and dont ask for cleaning the room - you will never know what might get lost.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Maged S

The management of the hotel thank the reviewer for his constructive feedback and had met with the company representative to clarify the issue with the guest directly. The hotel had taken note of the negative experience and took steps to prevent it from happening again.

Thank you.