“Well Done Kempinski”

Kempinski Residences & Suites, Doha
Ranked #30 of 137 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed at the suites, just for one night in May 2014, for some reason I was upgraded to a 4 bedroom apartment, total over kill, but it was fantastic to see what the quality of the upper apartments were like, certainly not complaining... The highlight for me was the breakfast setup in the morning, very professional, well organised and not over crowded at all, for a residence apartment block, the breakfast was well priced and of good choice.... Thank you once again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
KempinskiDoha, General Manager at Kempinski Residences & Suites, Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear ScoobyU2,

Thank you for the time you took to write your wonderful feedback in regards to your recent stay with us.

On behalf of the entire team at Kempinski Residences & Suites, Doha , we are so pleased that you enjoyed your experience in our spacious apartments and especially the wide variety of our breakfast selection. I sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the not so distant future. Maybe you will find some time to try our Business lunch menu and the freshly baked pastries in Gourmet house during your next visit?

The entire team is looking forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I just ordered breakfast here. It cost $130! And it arrived cold after 45 minutes. Totally outrageous. The room is a big suite and very quiet and the bar is good with an excellent jazz singer, but only 2 nights a week. The spa treats the guests like kids in insisting that massages are "same sex".

1  Thank Graeme J
KempinskiDoha, General Manager at Kempinski Residences & Suites, Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Graeme J,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the complimentary double-upgrade to our deluxe three bedroom apartment as well as the live music and entertainment in The Lounge.

I deeply regret that you had to wait for your room service breakfast longer than normal. This was due to the fact that your order included quite a selection of items, hence the preparation required more time. This should have been clearly communicated to you at the time of order and I do apologize if this was not the case.

Referring to your comments about our breakfast prices, I would like to state that our largest room service breakfast, which includes more than 20 culinary items, is priced at $43. However, our In Suite breakfast menu offers an extensive variety of food and high quality items which are available upon request and will be charged accordingly.

It is with disappointment to read that you felt 'treated like a kid' since our spa team offers same-sex massages only. Please note, that this is in adherence to Qatari law and not optional for operators to choose.

Mr. Graeme, I truly appreciate your candor as we are always looking to improve our guests' experience and I sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back to Kempinski Residences & Suites, Doha.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

booked by our business partners at this tall building hotel located in what is called west bay area of the capital Doha,Qatar.

a small lobby but a huge building , I was upgraded upon check in to a 2 bedroom suites located on 52nd floor , the hotel is quiet , so many elevators available and not much traffic so reaching to your high rooms isn't a problem , a coffee shop in the lobby and an all day dining restaurant , I ordered room service at night for a greek salad which was so fresh and I loved the quality of ingredients used also fresh quality bread and butter were offered , price was of a good value , free wifi available in the hotel with no need for password and that's best part for me as I need to stay connected , ATM located at entrance of the hotel which also helped , hotel weakness is variety of F&B outlets but may be no wonder as its more of a suites hotel suitable for business people or families who can cook in the suites , you can walk 2 minutes cross the street and reach to the W hotel where many outlets are available to enjoy a dinner or late drinks with friends or even alone. I do recommend this hotel for business and families who are looking for a quiet but not buzzy stay.

Room Tip: the view from most of the rooms is overlooking the other towers and big construction taking place in...

Dear TDubai68,

Our entire team truly appreciates you taking the time to share your kind and positive experience at Kempinski Residences & Suites, Doha.

I am glad to read you were impressed with so many different facets of your stay and that we could contribute to making your short trip a great and pleasant business experience.

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we all look forward to welcoming you back to Doha in the near future.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

This was probably the worst Kempinski in the world, barely deserving 5 stars. The rooms look old and designed with no taste at all, many things broken or missing from what you would expect in a such hotel. Actually, the hotel is offering far to low quality compared to what you normally get from 5 starts hotels in Qatar. Breakfast was comparable with what a 4 star hotel in Europe will offer you.

Services are almost missing and staff will not do almost anything unless you tip them in advance for what you are asking and they make you understand clearly in an embarrassing and annoying way that you have to tip them. If you do not tip a lot, expect very poor services or better go to eat somewhere else to be on the safe side. On the other side, you might understand them, when you see their tired and unhappy faces due to the working conditions.

The concierge force you to use their private "limousines" which are 5 time more expensive than regular taxis and there are smaller and less confortable than regular taxis. They basically lie you that they cannot find a taxi as for a regular taxi they need 2 hour prior notice so if you want to go, you have to take their limousines. If you tip them upfront before asking them a taxi, you will get a regular one in 5 minutes. Things like this you meet normally only in low developed countries at the airport where the taxi drivers make the law as they wish.

The worst thing is that the concierge is actually lying you and you cannot rely on them for anything. I asked them to solve me the visa as I booked two transit staying with them, on departure and on return. They got me the visa for departure staying and, because I did't tip them, they announced me during my vacantion that they will not get me the visa for my return staying. They actually "forgot" to ask for visa with 10 days in advance as required. All the other hotels contacted by me in Doha said they will get me the visa as this is a normal service for hotels in Qatar, but it is too late as they need 10 working days prior to my arrival so i have to delay my return dates. This is why I was put in the unpleasant situation to cancel my flights and change dates of returning so another hotel in Doha to get me the transit visa for return.

My advice, try to avoid this hotel and do not risk you money and your holiday, there are plenty of beautiful hotels in Doha.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DanielTepes
KempinskiDoha, General Manager at Kempinski Residences & Suites, Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Mr. Tepes,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Even though it is of a critical nature, it is this kind of feedback that gives us the opportunity to make improvements and ensure that we give our guests the luxury service they are expecting.

I deeply regret that you have had an unpleasant experience while staying with us. It does in no way reflect what we are aiming to achieve and certainly stands out from other reviews and feedback we do receive.
Since we are a residence we are welcoming both, long-term as well as short-term guests, and we are proud to have managed to establish an excellent reputation in the market.

Nevertheless, please rest assured that your comments have been taken very seriously and reviewed together with the respective departments. Our team here at Kempinski makes every effort to deliver upon the high standards we have set ourselves and leave the guests with a warmly memorable experience. I would like to apologize if in any way we fell short in this respect. Whilst we do our very best to resolve any visa related issues, please note that this is subject to the instructions received from the local authorities and consequently is beyond our control.

Mr. Tepes, once again please accept my sincerest apologies for any shortfalls in service that you have experienced during your stay with us and please be assured that this has been an exceptional incident.

Thank you again for the helpful feedback and I sincerely do hope that we will have the opportunity to restore your confidence in Kempinski Residences & Suites, Doha and that I will have the pleasure to personally welcome you on your next visit in the not so distant future.

With warm regards,

Reviewed 17 April 2014

The entrance to the Kempinski is more apartment-style than the hotel. Fairly lifeless and could do with a coffee bar in it (you can order but it doesn't feel like somewhere you'd hang around in). Had a third floor room which was huge; the apartment included a living room, 2 bathrooms, dressing room, bedroom and, somewhat bizarrely, a 1970s kitchen. The rest of the decor is pretty decent although the bed was a bit low, but the main disappointment was the view from my room of a view of a dusty office block opposite and a roof.

The room included about 300 light switches but never where you expect them and no indication of what they might serve so you spend a long time trying to turn off lights and then staggering around in the dark at night.

Other than that, comfortable enough and the staff were polite and efficient. Internet still didn't seem particularly fast as others have noted. The breakfast was probably the highlight with well presented food although surprisingly empty in the restaurant.

Room Tip: Try for the front and as high as you can go
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
KempinskiDoha, General Manager at Kempinski Residences & Suites, Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear walderr,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable comments and feedback on your stay. It is these kind of remarks that allow us to continuously improve on our product and services and we take them very serious.

As you rightly mentioned, we have received comments from our guests about the internet performance and I am happy to confirm that we have increased our bandwidth capacity considerably in order to cope with the increased demand.

Thank you for sharing your appreciation of the size of the apartment and our polite and efficient colleagues. Our signature Kempinski breakfast offers a carefully selected choice of over 100 different items and I am glad that you did enjoy the experience. Since all our rooms offer fully equipped kitchens, our guests also have the option to enjoy their meals "homemade" or have them prepared by our chefs and served in the privacy of their residence.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience with us and we sincerely hope to welcome you back to Kempinski Residences & Suites, Doha.

With warm regards,

Reviewed 2 April 2014

My Stay in Kempinski was about 1 day but it was nice. The suite was large enogh. Big Living room and nice small kitchen.
I recommend it for family travelers.
The location of the hotel is great, it locates in west bay of Doha near to malls.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear Abdullah F,

There is nothing more rewarding than your positive feedback and I would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back to Kempinski Residences & Suites, Doha in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

I just spent a coup led nights in one of the apartments that are residences. First the location is excellent because you can walk to the carrefour supermarket and the mall. So you can easily buy all you need to make your stay feel like home. Second, the apartment was very spacious and had all the amenities you need in the kitchen and in the bathrooms. Third, the staff is very responsive and friendly. Finally the restaurant downstairs had very good food, the breakfast buffet was especially amazing.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Yolande M
KempinskiDoha, General Manager at Kempinski Residences & Suites, Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear Yolande M,

I greatly appreciate your comments and feedback on your recent stay at Kempinski Residences & Suites, Doha. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your experience.
We hope to see you again soon in Doha. Please do not hesitate to let us know if we can make your experience even better by sharing with you our insights on this beautiful country.

Wissam Suleiman