Kempinski Residences & Suites, Doha
Hilton Doha(Doha)
US$178
US$142
  • Beachfront
All reviewswest bayaroma restaurantcamel burgertallest buildingresidence hotelshort or long termbedroom suitelounge barserviced apartmentbusiness lunchcity center mallsecurity teamkids clubfacilities are greatpersonal traineron a daily basislong term stay
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The Kempinski Residence is wonderful located in the prestigious West Bay area of Doha. The appartments are nicely furnitured and the staff is just wonderful and friendly. The Gourmet Shop has great bread and Croissants as well as cakes and little pastries. Great place to stay for short or long term in Doha.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
KempinskiDoha, General Manager at Kempinski Residences & Suites, Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Momo T,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, from the freshly baked breads & pastries , the quality of the service delivered by our staff to the fully serviced apartments.

We truly appreciate your comment as it will motivate us in continuing to provide the best services to our guests at Kempinski Residences & Suites, Doha.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Five star luxury - with service to match.

This is very much an apartment hotel - the one stayed in was very comfortable. You can either cater for yourself in the well equipped kitchen or use the 24 hour room service.

The bakery on the ground floor provide an array of quick to go items and freshly baked produce.

The only down point being the odorous smell which occasionally occurs in the bathroom - maintenance were very quick to remedy but it still came back - this is not uncommon and I have experience in other Doha hotels.

On the whole this is a good value place to stay if you are in Doha for long periods.

Room Tip: ask for a non smoking room - they do have them !
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
KempinskiDoha, General Manager at Kempinski Residences & Suites, Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Mike T,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at Kempinski Residences & Suites, Doha. It is comments like yours that motivate the entire team here to continue to strive for the highest standards and service levels as well as rectify any issues immediately in order to leave a lasting positive impression.

With warm regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed the stay at the hotel the room was nice and spacious. Probably the only problem is the time they take at the restaurant. The gym is amazingly equipped as well as the spa. The location also very nice.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
KempinskiDoha, General Manager at Kempinski Residences & Suites, Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Mariano S,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our leisure facilities. We are proud to provide over 300 sqm state-of-the art gym as well as two temperature controlled pools (20m x 6m each) - all exclusively for our residents. With outside temperatures reaching well beyond 40 degrees, these indoor facilities are much appreciated by our guests.

Our entire team is sincerely looking forward to welcoming you back in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I lived in the Kempinski for 9 months.... but only because I had a contract, otherwise I would have been gone within a week. The Kempinski Doha uses the fact that it is a 'residence' and not a 'hotel' as an excuse for every flaw. However, residence or hotel there is no excuse for the amount of problems I faced while living there. The cleaning is appalling, my bathroom shelves and shower window were not cleaned once during my stay and this was supposed to be a services apartment. I had items go missing from my room and when this was reported the unhelpful and frankly rude management dismissed this as unimportant as the missing items were not of high value. Surely the value is not the issue? I had to continuously check my room tab as it was wrong on several occasions to the point that I decided to close it down. When I didn't pay my tab one month I received constant emails and phone calls from the reception harassing me about this... they have a security deposit and I had a contract for 14 months.... where exactly did they think I was going to go? The steam room was constantly out of service. When we moved in we had access to various sports channels, one day this simply stopped without any notice. When we queried this with the reception they were very rude and suggested that we should not complain as 'all hotels in Doha' were experiencing the same problem. This was a lie as I was able to locate many hotels which still had access the channels, the Kempinski simply didn't wasn't to pay the increased fee and rather than admitting this to his residents decided to lie about it. Worst of all it took them 3 weeks to return my deposit when I left and when I queried the amount returned the accounts department thought it appropriate to disclose my confidential financial and banking matters to the other tenants on the contract! Nothing like confidentiality!

All in all I would not recommend this residence / hotel to anyone, there are far nicer places to stay in Doha where you actually receive 5 star service and even a smile from the staff every now and again. I highly recommend the new Intercontinental City, which is cheaper and offers a true 5 star service.

To be fair, I would like to point out that the concierge and gym staff were amazing, the only asset the hotel has and probably the worst paid.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Louise_UK_Turkey

Dear Ms. Louise V,

Thank you for your open and candid review of your recent stay with us and it is with regret to hear that we did not manage to meet your expectations. We do take our guest's feedback very seriously since it gives us the opportunity to make improvements and learn from them. I have personally reviewed your comments in detail with the respective department heads in order to get a better understanding of your experience.

We have not found any records of your concerns about cleanliness in our system unfortunately, hence I do not know if or how you communicated these to us. Our entire team is at the disposal of our guests and we genuinely do take time to obtain feedback during the stay in order act immediately once issues are brought to our attention.

Referring to your claim about missing items I have spoken with our Security Manager. The only record I have was about a smaller personal item that was reported as missing, however was found and returned to you. It is not about monetary value and I would like to assure you that we fully appreciate personal items that are dear to a guest. If there has been a misunderstanding or mis-communication while handling this matter I would like to sincerely apologize for this.

I am sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with the provision of sports channels. As you rightly stated, there has been an unexpected change from our provider and we were unfortunately not able to continue to provide these. However, we still provide well over 100 local and international TV channels free of charge. In case a resident would like to install their personal receivers, our IT team is always available to support.

As you know - and your bank has confirmed the same - the delay in transferring your deposit was unfortunately out of our control and I am glad to see that this issue has been resolved in a timely and professional manner.

Once again, I would like to apologize for any shortcomings you have experienced during your stay and I would have hoped you gave us a chance to deal with these immediately once they occurred. I would like to assure you that this does not reflect our aspirations and we take your comments as motivation to work even harder to ensure we consistently deliver the highest level of service to our discerning guests.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed at the suites, just for one night in May 2014, for some reason I was upgraded to a 4 bedroom apartment, total over kill, but it was fantastic to see what the quality of the upper apartments were like, certainly not complaining... The highlight for me was the breakfast setup in the morning, very professional, well organised and not over crowded at all, for a residence apartment block, the breakfast was well priced and of good choice.... Thank you once again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
KempinskiDoha, General Manager at Kempinski Residences & Suites, Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear ScoobyU2,

Thank you for the time you took to write your wonderful feedback in regards to your recent stay with us.

On behalf of the entire team at Kempinski Residences & Suites, Doha , we are so pleased that you enjoyed your experience in our spacious apartments and especially the wide variety of our breakfast selection. I sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the not so distant future. Maybe you will find some time to try our Business lunch menu and the freshly baked pastries in Gourmet house during your next visit?

The entire team is looking forward to welcoming you back!