“Not the best hotel”
Review of Safir Doha Hotel

Safir Doha Hotel
Ranked #50 of 138 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I would rate the hotel average.The air conditioning was loud and the bathroom totally sucked.My kettle wasn't working.I also found the hotel wasn't the cleanest and parts of the building seems like it needs completion.Working the tv was also a major issue.They provide free wi fi which is great for any traveling person.Oh and I couldn't find coffee in this place

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Theyear1977

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Safir Doha hotel rated 4 stars! Well.. I have been to Safir Cairo, and I thought this same hotel brand in Doha will be something similar.
Safir Doha is actually a modest hotel in a bad location. You can spot that this hotel is not a 4 star hotel when you enter the hotel. The lobby is very modest with one employee. The rooms though had what looks like clean lenings, but the walls, floor, and bathroom were not as clean.
The food in the restaurant was not only of limited variety but also of bad quality and bad cooking.
I will not recommend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank traveller20000
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a single night after my original booking in a different hotel was rejected because Agoda.com had overbooked that hotel (My first, and apparently last time using Agoda.com). The staff at the reception counter were helpful, and especially Mr. Tameem who agreed to book my rooms at the same price that is given by booking.com. The price was acceptable since it was Eid holidays and I walked in in the last minute. I just wished breakfast was included in that price.
The room is clean and the bed is comfy. Apparently, they have some problems with their TVs throughout the hotel!

Room Tip: Try to get one with a view because the room I got was facing an adjacent building. I got ZERO view!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights in July 2013 on business but won't be back.

Good points: Relatively cheap, bed comfy, small but good gym and nice rooftop pool.

Bad points: Room is small, TV is impossible to work, entire hotel is dark and drab ... but none of this matters because the aircon (even on the lowest fan setting) is unbearably loud. The outlet is in the bedroom and on fan speed 1 is ridiculously noisy. The only way you can sleep is to turn it off. Not a problem during winter I suspect but in July when it's 48 degrees outside means you wake up at 4am in a pool of sweat ... nice. I called the Engineer up to the room because I assumed it was faulty but he told me it was working fine and that every room was the same!!! Check out other reviews which also say the same.

Doha is not short of decent hotels so I suggest looking elsewhere during June, July, August and September.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I had a day-long layover in Doha and my travel agent booked this hotel for me. As it was a last minute change, I did not have time to check it out online and this was my first transit through Doha. I was very pleasantly surprised. From the airport shuttle driver to the front desk staff to the waiter and chef.....everyone was very friendly and courteous. The food was amazing and the bed and shower were great. I would however recommend extra toiletries in the bathroom. There was no lotion or kleenex. Still, I will be back!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 June 2013

i was in Safir Doha from one week ago it was very good experience as first visit to Doha 5 stars service , perfect rooms , excellent food , friendly staff ,economic rates , special entertainment it will be my favorite Hotel if i go to Qatar again

Room Tip: superior single room
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2013

cozy, friendly atmosphere. Staff are friendly. Taxi service provided is excellent; kudos to the driver.location is great.Airport connection is convenient.Check-in Check-out without any hassles. Great place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business