“great service”

Ranked #17 of 135 Hotels in Doha
UK
“great service”
Reviewed 20 November 2012

My friend is staying in the apartments long-term so I went to visit as I'd never been to Qatar before. The staff are great. They are friendly and helpful without being over the top. Nice bathroom products, spa is great. Having use of the indoor pool is nice for when the outdoor pool is a bit chilly for swimming. Theres 2 gyms as well. The apartments are spotless and they top up the basics in the kitchen such as water, milk, eggs etc. You can just move in an live there without needing to bring anything domestic. They say no pets but I heard of someone with a cat, another had a lizard for a while and someone keeps fish.
Having access to all the hotel facilities is very nice as well so big pool, room service, spa, concierge - all very helpful.
Defiantly recommend it.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed 19 November 2012

The hotel is wonderful. We are staying in the Executive Apartments. Ours has one bedroom with ensuite, an open living room, dining room and galley kitchen, also a guest bathroom. Luxury at its finest. There are several restaurants in the complex, and there is an entry way to the Mall, where you will find more fast food and quick seating resatruants than you would find in a city. Whilst the resturants associated with the hotel are quite costly, the Mall restaurants are for any pocketbook. There is also a giant chain store with groceries... canned, frozen and fresh. I am cooking evening meals in our small kitchen which is fully furnished. We eat breakfast in the hotel restaurant and I quickly became vegetarian with all the wonderful choices I don't ordinarly get at breakfast time.
Oh yes the view!! I am fortunate enough to have a corner unit and the views are overwhelmingly beautiful. At night all the high rise buildings light up with their own bright colours. Our wrap around windows gives us the view of a lifetime.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner unit if you can. I am on the 24th floor and can not hear any noise, even from the...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Neuchatel, Switzerland
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I stayed in this hotel for almost one month. It has good restaurants, the swimming pool and jacuzzi are perfect, rooms are spacious and the staff is very profesional. What is also very intersting in this hotel is that it is connected to a big shopping mall with restaurants, shops, massage services, dry cleaning, skating ring and Carefour supermarket. Well if I had to go there one more time, I will use this one for sure.

Room Tip: Rooms on the see side are quieter.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
williamsburg, virginia
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Stayed here for two weeks in October (had planned a longer stay but due to family emergency, had to depart). The front desk staff are top notch and the apartments are beautifully furnished with full kitchen and laundry appliances. They are kept immaculately clean by housekeeping staff. This is the perfect place to stay for business travelers with long-term stays who don't want to enter into a lease or furnish property. The access to City Centre Mall and the other connecting hotels (Renaissance and Courtyard) and restaurants, provide the business traveler with all of the conveniences at their fingertips, including a large supermarket (Carrefour).

The only minor complaint I have are the large pillars within each room of the apartment which are part of the construction structural design, at least they are in the corner apartments. These pillars take up enormous space in the living areas and block the beautiful views.

As I stated earlier, I had planned a longer stay but had to leave abruptly due to a family emergency. The front desk manager and staff were so thoughtful in helping me arrange my departure quickly. I cannot thank them enough for their kindness and definitely looking forward to returning soon.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank joy1
williamsburg, virginia
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Stayed here for three weeks while on business in September. This fairly new hotel connects with the City Centre Mall, Courtyard Hotel and Marriott Executive Apartments. A very nice complex and perfect for business travelers given everything you need is within the grounds including 9 restaurants. The front desk staff and other hotel personnel are well-trained, always greeting the guests. I had a corner, oversized room with beautiful sea views on the 32 floor which I booked ahead of time. However, whomever designed the furniture layout didn't think of customer comfort as there was only a lounger and dining table. Given the size of the room, (650 sq feet), they could have easily created a separate living area with couch and coffee table. Just not a comfortable room. Also, the construction quality (which is a problem throughout Doha), was mediocre. In fact, you could only open the bathroom vanity drawer halfway without hitting the door.

As an elite Marriott member, I had access to the Club Lounge. The Lounge provides excellent service and food presentations which was so comforting with a three week stay. Again, the staff in the lounge were outstanding.

There was a slight mix up in my room rate which I attempted to resolve many, many times during my stay but to no avail. Perhaps it is the culture of the area, but staff and management whom I spoke to several times, were very rigid and unaccommodating in assisting me. I had to explain my issue at least 10 to 15 times and no one seem empowered to deal with it or never got back with me, unlike the many other Marriott hotels and affiliates where I have stayed over more than a 20 year time frame. I finally just gave up, which I rarely do. I just had to realize and accept that the culture of customer service in this country is different from my prior experiences in other countries.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank joy1
Renaissance D, Hotel Manager at Marriott Marquis City Center Doha Hotel, responded to this review, 21 November 2012
Dear Joy1,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Renaissance Doha City Center Hotel. It means a lot to us that you were willing to share your experience with others, and we thank you for your positive comments about the Front Desk personnel and Club Lounge. Regarding the room rate during your stay, would you be so kind to contact me personally to discuss this matter on farhan.lone@renaissancehotels.com. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the Renaissance Doha City Center Hotel.

Warm Regards,
Farhan Lone
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 29 October 2012

I stayed at this property for one night following a less than stellar visit to the JW Marriott Dubai. Upon check in the front desk representative, Sadi, asked me how my day was going. I remarked that it was OK and that I had experienced some problems at my last hotel. He immediately upgraded my room and worked overtime to ensure my laundry could be cleaned in the limited amout of time I had in Doha. He went so far as to offer to come up to my room to review laundry options---an offer I declined as I didn't want to waste his time.

From start to finish this hotel was exceptional. The room was very clean, had good internet coverage and an excellent TV picture. The views are great and the executive lounge---which is on the 42nd floor---was well staffed and had great food. The fitness center has a full range of equipment and is more than adequate for both upper and lower body workouts as well as cardio. The hotel also has several restaurants and bars that provide a wide range of food options.

This property is a combination of the Marriott Executive Suites, the Marriott Courtyard and the Renaissance hotel. The Renaissance is in one tower and the Courtyard is in another tower--both hotels share restaurants and the fitness center.

This hotel has an excellent pool that is big enough for lap swimming.

Overall an excellent visit---I'll be back and I'll bring my coworkers with me.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have great views of the city.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Very nice, clean and comfortable option in Doha. Nice big rooms with a stunning view of Doha skyscrappers. Excellent breakfast and amazing pool. Big shopping mall just near the hotel. With an overview of dozen other hotels this one was the most appropriate for the stay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business