“Best apartments in Doha” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Marriott Marquis City Center Doha Hotel
Ranked #9 of 141 Hotels in Doha
Doha, Qatar
“Best apartments in Doha”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

I have stayed in the Marriott Executive Apartments for 4 months. The staff are amazing and quickly learn your name as they greet you and pay special attention to your needs. Whether you are walking out of the door for work, walking to the mall that is connected for shopping or just lounging on the weekend, there is always someone willing to assist you and ask if you need anything. MEA is perfect for single business travelers needing a short term lease or for families looking for a long term residence. Living here truly makes life easier with the location, the luxurious rooms and on-hand staff. I have viewed many places in Doha and this is by far the best! My personal favorites: the amazing outdoor pool area, the clean and well equipped gym and the heavenly beds!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a seaview on a higher floor. Try to stay away from the side that is facing the c...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Lacey H
Renaissance D, Hotel Manager at Marriott Marquis City Center Doha Hotel, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Dear Lacey H,

Thank you so much for your review of your stay with us these past months.

We aim to provide the highest standards of service throughout our hotel, and are delighted to read your generous feedback about our team, the location of the property and its facilities. I am happy to share your comments with all of our team members and look forward to meeting you during your next trip to Doha.

Hotel Manager, Marriott Executive Apartments Doha City Center

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stayed here for two weeks in October and had a great stay. The bars and restaurants in the hotel are great, especially the steak restaurant, New York. The cafe, quick bits, was really good but so slow and should be renamed as slow bits - on average it took 35 minutes to produce a sandwich! The gyms were good only too warm. You freeze in the restaurants yet the gyms are warm as that's what guests like in the gym apparently, when I questioned it???? The pool area is lovely and all the staff could do no more to make your stay good. The beauty salon was also very good.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Philippa P,

Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review of your stay at the Marriott Executive Apartments Doha City Center.

I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our pool, bars and restaurants and were willing to share that with the TripAdvisor community. We aim to provide the highest standards of service throughout our hotel, and are continuously striving to exceed the expectations of our valued guests. I am happy to share your comments with all of our team members.

Thank you for sharing your feedback concerning Quick Bites and the temparature in certain areas of the hotel. I have passed on your comments to our Director of Food & Beverage as well as our Director of Engineering to discuss with the team for improvement.

I hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back to our property soon.

Hotel Manager, Marriott Executive Apartments Doha City Center
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

I really liked this hotel. It was clean and modern and well equiped. The pool was nice and the staff well trained. It is hooked onto the City Center mall so you can walk around easily and shop. The mall is abit tired but new food court is much better. Lots of good english channels on the tv. I was given a late checkout so was extremly happy with my stay!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Renaissance D, Manager at Marriott Marquis City Center Doha Hotel, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Dear Scott B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review of your stay at the Renaissance Doha City Center Hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed the pool and the City Center Mall and were willing to share that with the TripAdvisor community. We aim to provide the highest standards of service throughout our hotel, and are delighted to read your positive feedback about our team.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

Clean, modern, decent service and good location for financial area in Doha. Double hotel with Marriott Courtyard attached. Huge rooms. Quick check in/out service. Good location for business with good bar/dinning options for clients.

Dear u600358,

I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed the location, spacious rooms and dining options and were willing to share that with the TripAdvisor community. We aim to provide the highest standards of service throughout our hotel, and are continuously striving to exceed the expectations of our valued guests. I am happy to share your comments with all of our team members.

Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

This is a good hotel, in a great location (downtown, next to City Centre Mall). Staff is v good. The pool is fabulous, the gym very good. it is in the same physical location as the Courtyard so you can stay there if it is slightly cheaper for your dates. The internet / breakfast package is a good option.

The location is close enough to the Corniche that you can jog along there for a while if you want. The restaurants are all good too.

One quirk is that I was in an 09 room. I found that the room was awkwardly laid out for a business traveller... the desk didn't have an power, the closet and dresser were at opposite ends of the room.. this made packing and unpacking cumbersome. All these issues were solvable... but at the price they charge, it should be seemless.

I'd absolutely stay again - and will do so in the next month or so - I just thought that the architect that did the interiors could have done a better job.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Renaissance D, Hotel Manager at Marriott Marquis City Center Doha Hotel, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear Duncan P,

Thank you so much for your review of your stay with us in October.

We aim to provide the highest standards of service throughout our hotel, and are delighted to read your generous feedback about our pool, gym and staff. I will share your comments with all of our team members, especially regarding the room layout in anticipation of your next stay.

I am looking forward to meeting you during your next trip to Doha.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

This hotel is collocated with Courtyard Marriott, so whatever is applicable to Renaissance works for other property.

The good things about the hotel are location, it is relatively new and rooms are spacious. Breakfast is good and the choice of TV channels is comprehensive.

Unfortunately, I can't recommend it for business traveler. I can't remember last time I received such a slow service in 5* property, actually any property.

Starting with check in, where my original Courtyard Marriot reservation was not available, so I was "upgraded" to Renaissance without asking me anything. However, my room was not ready at 1800, when I came to the room, as housekeeping was still working on it.

Restaurants and room service are unbelievably slow. I missed my lunch since sandwich bar was not able to produce club sandwich within 35 minutes. I missed the dinner too, since room service was not able to deliver club sandwich within 1 hour. How long does it take to make a club sandwich?

Main restaurant is poor. Waiting staff does not understand the difference between menu and the wine list. Restaurant also does not serve a la carte, only buffet. Dear management, I know it sounds strange, but even in Americas these days you can find people who don't eat buffet.

Steakhouse is below par, compared to steakhouses in other Marriott hotels.

Service needs review on all levels. My card was not working, and when I asked housekeeping on the same floor for help, I was refused any assistance, so the only option was a long trip back to reception.

I took my customer for a drink in a sports bar, and encountered unbelievably rude bouncer. I was never treated like a criminal in a hotel, please add some brain and customer interface to the muscles.

Check out is the same experience as check in, long wait. Front desk manager didn't bother to attend the empty workstation to speed the process up.

Recommendation: Not suitable for business visitors. Never heard of anyone who wants to go to Doha for a holiday. Poor value for the service provided.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank FoodEliminator
Dear FoodEliminator,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Renaissance Doha City Center Hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our breakfast, rooms and TV service. We aim to provide the highest standards of service throughout our hotel, and continuously strive to exceed the expectations of our valued guests.I was disappointed to hear about your experience regarding the service and have passed onto to our Executive Committee to discuss with the team for improvement. Please do feel free to contact me personally to discuss further at sam.vancampenhout@renaissancehotels.com.

Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

I love this hotel! You are treated like kings and queens by all staff members. The rooms are modern and very clean. If you have any requests, the attentive staff are quick to assist. The location is perfect! You can walk to the corniche in the evening, it is attached to a mall for convenient shopping choices, and everything else is a quick taxi ride away. The pool area is a very impressive setting. I have only good things to say about this hotel. Management work very hard to ensure that you have a pleasant stay and if you do have concerns, they are addressed quickly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the water...it makes for a beautiful waking scene.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Lacey H
Dear Lacey H,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay at the Renaissance Doha City Center Hotel. It means a lot to us that you enjoyed our pool, the rooms and location and were willing to share that experience with the TripAdvisor community. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Renaissance.

Kind regards,