“superb!!!”
Review of Oryx Rotana Doha

Oryx Rotana Doha
Ranked #16 of 140 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed 23 June 2014

just a short simple review, everything is just perfect for my 2 nights stay here at Oryx, room was up to standard, services was excellent. They even have free wifi for you on the shuttle bus, even though it was only 15 minutes ride from airport.

Only one thing that i found a bit strange that they charged you for wifi...To me, it should be free

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
OryxRotana, General Manager at Oryx Rotana Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Daer Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review, we were so happy to hear about your fantastic experience at the hotel.

I am very glad to know that the level of our services and facilities exceeded your expectations, giving you an enjoyable stay all throughout.

Fax: +974 44023300

Write a ReviewReviews (2,511)

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Overpriced! I was paying $1600 HKD (QAR 760) per night and I didn't have breakfast and Internet access.

I stayed for 47 days and I couldn't even have a late check out (My flight was scheduled at 0100 in the morning), I was so outrage that I bought a ticket and left a day early!

I will definitely NOT recommend this hotel to my colleague

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
OryxRotana, General Manager at Oryx Rotana Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Oryx Rotana and we are very glad to have been your home away from fome for more than a month.

However, it is with much regret to know about the unpleasant experience that you have encountered during the last day of your stay in which we humbly apologize for the inconvenience caused. Due to the hotel running on full occupancy during the day of your check out, we were not able to extend the late check out as your have requested.

We sincerely hope that this experience have not marred your overall impression of Oryx Rotana Doha.

Myself and the entire team will be pleased to welcome you back to Oryx Rotana, meanwhile, please do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

If your connection in Doha is more than 8 hours Qatar Air will put you up at the oryx Rotana near the airport. Go to the transfer desk for a voucher. If you are flying biz or first you will be taken via black sedan and don't have to wait for the shuttle bus. Go to the first class arrival lounge to wait for your driver. Already you may notice the Qatari operate on a different level than as if you're headed for a Motel 6. Enjoy the lounge, go upstairs and take advantage of the row upon row of food or cross the sky ridge to the business center and sit at the latest Mac to check email.
When your driver comes they'll tell you. The drive takes about 10 minutes because the entire city is building in anticipation of the World Cup - which doesn't arrive for donkey's years.
Upon entering the hotel you'll notice it's filled with white orchids, lovely bamboo globe light fixtures and serene music is playing. They will give you a 100 riyal voucher to be used in the restaurants or room service. The breakfasts all cost 130 riyals but I suspect you can order ala carte. I choose to sleep. The beds are king, the robes are cotton and the TV is a flat screen.

Room Tip: Ask for an outward facing room. Half overlook the interior
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank JanetMcE

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting this review and sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience at the Oryx Rotana.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I've stayed at this hotel several times over the years. Its very clean and I'd say the best in the area. Food is amazing and the staff are always polite. As it was paid for by my company I can't really say how good it is re value for money but I love staying here.

• Stayed: November 2013
OryxRotana, General Manager at Oryx Rotana Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your exeperience at the Oryx Rotana.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I would certainly recommend anyone doing an overnight stopover at this hotel as it is perfectly srt up to cater for both business and leisure travelers. I was particularly impressed by the reception staff and the flexibility of the lobby coffee shop staff.

However, since the opening of the new airport the hotel is 20 mins from the airport rather than next door to the old airport. So it was a bit of a shock when we headed out from the new airport onto a main highway to town. Now that. We know we will factor in the extra time. It's a small quibble as the cost of the chauffeur driven hotel car is reasonable and avoids hanging around for the every half hour shuttle.

Two small irritations, For a hotel of this class I was surprised that they still charged for wifi access. Although to be fair the excellent reception clerk gave us 24 hours free as we had pre-paid a non-refundable night for the next day and Qatar then changed the frequency of their flights to Capetown and we ended up having to re-book our flights on different days resulting our having to pay for a second night a day earlier at the Oryx Rotana.

The other problem was the noise levels in the room late into the evening which was surprising considering the hotel must have been designed and built next to the old airport on the premise that there would be a fair number of people, like us, doing an overnight stopovers to catch and early morning flight. In our case leaving the hotel at 5am. I have stayed in several hotels around the world that also have full height central atriums but I have never experienced the noise levels that came through our fifth floor bedroom windows.

Nevertheless, I would certainly stay at the hotel again as everything else was first class and my only caveat would be to try and get quieter room

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BSB-KNYSNA

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the time and effort you have taken to share with us your experience at the Oryx Rotana. I'm glad to know that you enjoyed your stay despite of some inconviniences that you have experience in which I truly apologize.

We value your comments as these enable us to maintain the high standards of service expected from us.

Thank you once again for your kind words and recommendation and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Nice hotel so close to the airport, nice amenities, room size is good. OK its expensive compared to the other nearby hotels but you cant fault the Rotana brand. Stay here and be assured of an excellent stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I am writing this review from my room at the Oryx Rotana right now, and for the life of me I cannot understand how it has gotten so many high ratings. I can only imagine they must be planted to artificially raise the rank of this very average hotel.

First impression upon checking in last night was fair: soaring glass & metal ceilings, lots of glitzy, shiny surfaces. Check-in was efficient enough. Upon getting to my room, though, I found it boxy and unappealing. But never mind, I only had a 24hr stay in Doha, so I didn't mind much. That is, until I went to throw an old receipt into the rubbish bin beneath the desk and found a crumpled paper bag in it. Upon closer inspection, it was a bakery bag with the remains of someone's meal in it, along with a few fruit peels at the bottom of the bin. I immediately rang Guest Relations to inform them and their response was quite telling: instead of the profuse apology and embarrassment you'd expect from a hotel that bills itself 5-star, the fellow on the other end merely said, "Alright madam, we can move you to another room, if you want." Wow.

Having arrived quite late last night, I skipped the breakfast buffet and instead went to the lunch buffet at the hotel casual dining restaurant Choices. The waitress led me to a seat and picked up the napkin that had been folded neatly on the place setting. I thought she was going to unfold it and place it across my lap, as they do in better restaurants. Instead she simply tossed - and I do mean tossed - it casually to the side of the place setting as she walked away. Another wow.

The food at the lunch buffet was lackluster and uninspiring. They had a mix of western, Indian, and middle eastern dishes, none of which was made particularly well. There was also a small selection of sushi, which didn't taste like any sushi I'd ever had before. I think there was chicken in one of the rolls. Upon signing my bill, I was surprised to find that not only was the juice I'd ordered an extra charge (which I suspected would be the case), so was the cup of tea that I'd had whilst picking at the sugary desserts. R28 for a cup of tea?! Wow yet again.

My company uses this hotel for business in Doha so I will probably find myself here again at some point. It won't be by choice, though, and I will bring my own food next time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank yanit99
OryxRotana, General Manager at Oryx Rotana Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience a tthe Oryx Rotana.

It is with much regret to know about the unpleasant experience that you have encountered during your stay.

We humbly apologize for the inconvenience caused and rest assured that we have taken the necessary corrective measures to prevent similar recurrences in the future. Nevertheless, we thank you for your constructive feedback as this helps us improve our services and facilities.