“Good value”
Review of Oryx Rotana Doha

Oryx Rotana Doha
Ranked #12 of 136 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed one night prior to early morning departure. Convenient to new airport, good shuttle service around the clock. Checking out at 4 am was quick and efficient. Room service dinner was good. Room had a good iron for clothes, coffee machine, large bathroom.

Minor complaint is that my no-smoking room still had faint smoking odor, but not major problem.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
OryxRotana, General Manager at Oryx Rotana Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the time and effort you have taken to share with us your experience at the Oryx Rotana These comments enable us to maintain the high standards of service expected from us.

We are very sorry to learn about your inconveniences with the room provided to you during your stay that did not meet your expectation. We do hope that we will be able to welcome you once again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Oryx Rotana Doha

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

The cellar bar at this hotel is a great place to hangout with excellent service and great bartenders and fine goods specially my mates dasha and coco!
The atmosphere is nice and friendly the service is exquisite,what's great about this place is the open kitchen where you get to see your favourite chef and bartenders prepare your favourite foods and drinks!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the overwhelming review which you experienced at The Cellar Restaurant of Oryx Rotana. It will always be our pleasure to serve our guest like you the utmost care and best attention.

Rest assured that we will not let these wonderful compliments come to pass without being conveyed to my team and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you once again for your kind words.

We will always be delighted to welcome you and your friends to hang out in your favorite Restaurant.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Oryx Rotana is a great hotel in Doha, very close to the old airport, but still within a 20mn drive of the new one.

The rooms are quite large and comfortable. I was staying on a corporate rate, which included wi-fi and daily bottled water. Not sure if other rates include such amenities.

One of the weeks I was there I stayed in a premium room. Didn't notice any difference apart from toiletries in the bathroom. Unless you really want a top floor room, didn't seem to be worth it.

The best about the Rotana is the variety of services it provides, and all with very high quality: multiple restaurants, seating and working areas are available, live music, gym and swimming pool, among others. Makes long assignments in Doha much easier.

Now about the bad parts: firstly, food and drink are very expensive. 25+ riyal for an espresso, buffet nights start at 200 riyal without drinks, it's almost impossible to eat a dinner meal under 150 riyal. When staying long periods for work, this adds up quite considerably. Also, gym and pool are paid extra.

Despite this, the overall quality of the hotel makes it worth it, and if you are up to a short taxi ride you can visit one of the multiple restaurants in town for a nice dinner for a lower price (likely without alcohol though).

Now that I mention taxis, this is the biggest pain in Doha (not only the Rotana). It's virtually impossible to call a regular green taxi for a pick up; if you want to leave the hotel, you either have to wait until a taxi drops off another guest (which can take some time), or you get one of the hotel's private cars, which will cost you at least three times more than a taxi.

Overall, as i said, fantastic hotel, and if i have a suggestion is to make more favorable deals for long-stay guests for in-hotel services such as food, laundry, etc.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review, we were so happy to hear about your fantastic experience at the hotel. We highly appreciate the time taken to provide some quality feedback that we can use to improve our services.

Certainly, we look forward to welcoming you back to Oryx Rotana once again.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

our company and Oryx Rotana have a corporate relationships and corporate rate, since we hold our meetings there across the year. I was planning to take my kids to Doha for exploration and I knew that although the hotel is a business hotel, it would have the potential to accommodate my family needs and offer us value and comfort. I have stayed in this hotel many times before for business, but I'm making this review for our family trip to give another prospective on families with young children (3, all are less than 7 years old). Through our friendly staff in Rotana, we have managed a truly great offer for a two connected rooms, since Oryx Rotana doesn't have any suites that can accommodate our number.

The hotel is 5 minutes away from the airport and is heavily frequented by airline crew, business travelers, Qatar Airways 8-hours plus waiting travelers, etc. The hotel has a sheesha garden with fine food and drinks offered in its yard, with liquor available on request. Another facility is an Asian restaurant wit ha sit-in bar aside from the famous jazz club, with requirement for reservations and mostly a dress code/ couples-only policy.

The hotel has a large buffet restaurant serving the main three meals, while facing their swimming pool. I have notified the management over time that their food items and choices in their breakfast are not appealing to kids or families, but they do have a point since this is a business-type hotel.

I was given the rooms 401 and 402, which are connected to each other on the 4th floor and overlooking the main lobby and right by the lift. Their service menu is truly good and I have to recommend trying their burger, I always order it when I arrive.

Being with kids in Qatar is a hassle if you don't own or rent a car. In Qatar, taxi services are monopolized by a single taxi company (karwa) or the hotel limo services (overrated and exaggerated in tariff). For Karwa, they are hard to find and sometimes leave you in a bind to allocate a one. It is recommended to rent a car in Qatar, since the rental rates are within the charges of getting taxis and going around. Unfortunately, I didn't rent a car and resorted to taxis, which was a hassle to allocate and the hotel at one time sent me an airport taxi, who asked for more than the regular rate while going to Souq Waqif because he is an airport taxi and charges more for it. I felt that the hotel didn't properly consider this and tell me about it. It was an extra 10 Riyals or so above tariff.

Back to the hotel, the staff are most accommodating during our stay with my kids and were truly affectionate towards them. They loved the live piano playing in the lobby. I was planning to write about my business stays for this hotel, but I think that a family visit would give another angle at it.
I do recommend the hotel for both, if you get a good competitive rate on a weekend.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
OryxRotana, General Manager at Oryx Rotana Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the overwhelming review which you experienced during your stay at the Oryx Rotana. I'm glad that you enjoyed our services and facilities which will always be our pleasure to serve to our guest like your family with the utmost care and best attention.

Please do let us know when you plan to visit us again as we are looking forward to welcome you back may it be for business or with your wonderful family.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

was at Al-Nafourah Garden today have a wonderful time(:
sheesha,food and drinks
all what you can ask for plus the friendly attitude from every one here makes you feel like you never left home(:
thanx to the whole team and
Mr.Rajendra especially#cheers

• Stayed: August 2014
OryxRotana, General Manager at Oryx Rotana Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting this review and sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience at the Oryx Rotana.

I am very glad to know that the level of our services and facilities exceeded your expectations, giving you an enjoyable stay all throughout.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Oryx Rotana once again.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

the best hotel in Qatar !!! with every caring of all staffs ..

Clean rooms !! with all facilities !

excellent food at choices !!!

prompt airport transfers !!! staff very helpful in assistance !

very nearby to Airport !

Room Tip: Good Hotel , clean rooms , very helpful staff !!! i prefer all customers to visit Oryx Rotana Doha...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Oryx Rotana once again.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

This rates for me as my favourite hotel anywhere, in terms of the rooms, the atmosphere, facilities, location, friendly staff and great dining experiences.

I cannot recommend this hotel enough - it exceeds all expectations and impresses me more each time I stay.

Congratulations guys! A first class hotel that I'm sure Rotana are extremely proud of.

Stayed: June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the overwhelming review which you experienced during your stay at the Oryx Rotana. It will always be our pleasure to serve our guest like you the utmost care and best attention.

Please do let us know when you plan to visit us again as we are looking forward to welcome you back.