I stayed here last week and it was a great choice as we were working at Education city. It is located close to the torch and viaggio shopping Mall but is remote for anything else.
The rooms are spacious with good air con and a comfy bed. We stayed in a standard double which is fine and the breakfast was as expected with all the usual dishes and an area where omlettes etc are made to order. The shower is good but be careful when closing the doors or you could flood the floor.
I tried the pool most days and found it quiet around 12 noon but not sure if it gets busier later in the day. It is a good pool with seperate jacuzzi, steam room and sauna.
The restaurants we didn't try but the turkish restaurant has great reviews. We had a look in one of the others and the menu looked expensive.
What really stands out with this hotel is how well trained and polite the staff are. They genuinely seem concerned about your stay and do all they can to ensure you are taken care of. I dealt with mr zeid when requesting rooms etc and he really looked after us
Few things that irked us when we were there. I asked for a kettle to boil some water as I like a cup of tea and there is only coffee in the room. The kettle was free buf a tiny pot of milk cost 35QR.
Then we asked for a car to go to the mall around the corner and this is also charged at 35QR. Bearing in mind that a local taxi only costs10QR. The hotel taxi to the airport was quoted at 200QR yet we got a taxi for 60QR.
The hotel caters more for the Arab community than other foreigners but we never found that a problem. The tea room was full of smoke and in my opinion this should be addressed as we would have used it if it was smoke free. I also wish the Arabs would respond with a smile or a hello when you say good morning and will never get used to a blank look in response.
We will definately stay here again when we have more work at education city and the few gripes were far out weighed by the positives.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mövenpick Hotel Al Aziziyah Doha is situated within the world-class sports and lifestyle destination Aspire Zone, just a short walk from the prestigious Villaggio Mall. Doha International Airport is around 30 minutes' drive away. Verdant views over Aspire Park complement the hotel's architectural design, which was inspired by the Victorian Era. From the welcoming ambiance in the lobby to our 139 rooms and exquisite suites, a stay here is truly a wonderful experience. Enjoy the comforts of a Nespresso coffeemaker, 40-inch TV, minibar and free WiFi. Relax with premium infusions in the Victoria Tea Lounge and dine in Victorian splendour at Flavours restaurant, which offers delicious international buffets. Opt for exotic Turkish cuisine in Agora and don't miss the sumptuous steaks and sushi in Blue. Boost your well being in the Fitness Centre and unwind with a massage or facial at The Spa. An indoor swimming pool, separate male and female saunas, steam rooms and a jacuzzi complete our wellness facilities. For meetings, training seminars, cocktail receptions, banquets and weddings in Doha, we have five elegant venues with free WiFi and natural daylight. Individual functions for up to 120 guests can be hosted. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Prestigia, Priceline, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Movenpick Hotel Al Aziziyah Doha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Heritage Doha Hotel Doha
- Grand Heritage Doha Hotel And Spa