“good thai food”
Review of Mango Tree

Mango Tree
Ranked #583 of 964 Restaurants in Doha
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Restaurant im Stadtentwicklungsprojekt Pearl Qatar. Besonderheit: Alkohol erlaubt.
Reviewed 29 October 2012

good thai food, i'd suggest to buy the golden fried fish, but not the Tom Yum, the Tom Yum is not so good. It's a little bit pricey here but it's ok. and they have collections of wine, and i'd suggest you to taste the chardonnay...

Reviewed 28 October 2012

Our expectations were high as we have been to the Mango Tree in Dubai. We arrived for an early dinner and were seated at the corner table by the water, a lovely spot. All the dishes we tried were delicious! The fresh papaya salad was excellent, as well as the seafood soup, loaded with seafood. The kale with rice was delicious! And it's so difficult to find fresh kale dishes in this area. Biji provided great service! We will definitely return to the Mango Tree!

Reviewed 19 September 2012

We came for lunch on the weekend. Only us and one other table, gee that's really sad the Pearl is really empty now without alcohol license. With this lovely outdoor patio it should be heaving with weekend lunchers. Having said that it's pretty expensive for just a weekend drop in lunch, maybe they could try and a simple set lunch menu to get a few more punters in! So often in Doha the owner wants to keep prices elitist to attract locals but the restaurants are empty most of time, drop your prices are get your profit from turning tables! We were given a warm welcome, surprised that none of the floor staff were actually Thai or South East Asian, tried to see if the chef was but couldn't see him! Nervous. When the lady took our beverage order we tried to order our mains too but she didn't want to and just walked off. Despite only 4 customers (including us) it took a good 5mins to get anyone's attention as they chatted at the bar or waited with their back turned at the front door. Eventually I just called out to the door lady to take our food order, she looked a bit miffed as I think she was designated door not food order. Curries were around the 60-80QAR, soft drink 12 but out there was a juice for something like 32QAR. It was about 250ml of beetroot, carrot, apple, total ingredient cost about 3QAR if that! Can you imagine half the cost of a complicated meat curry in a 250ml glass of juice?? Just doesn't make sense?? We had the mixed platter, duck pineapple curry and green seafood curry, and rice is extra. All the food tasted lovely, perhaps just a bit too rich in oil (it was floating all over the top of the duck curry) and coconut cream. The curries were just a lot heavier than we remember food in Thailand being, maybe that's a local adaptation. One thing is nice is the presentation, eating with your eyes! Oh and I really loved the real Kaffir lime leaves and chunks of herbs and spice, wasn't just a puree. The appetiser platter had some lovely morsals, the chicken in pandana leaves very nice and sauces good too. He seemed intent we don't eat the pandana leaf, which we knew but I'm guessing he's had previous customers who have given it a go! Papaya salad was just georgeous and fresh. When the table was cleaned we tried to ask for the bill, but she didn't hear us as she was having a part way conversation with her friend at the bar. Although it was a one off we were also put off by the other table who just let their 2 children run around the restaurant like idiots. Why is that in Qatar, in the UK they wouldn't dump their kids on the wait staff, why do they do it here? It's so rude and disrespectful as if the the restaurant is their living room? I don't want to eat in their living room, I want to eat in resturant! I'm not sure I would come back, might try it with a bunch of friends at night if an alcohol license is returned because it's pretty expensive for a drop in lunch, so more of special occasion. If there's no license I think I'd rather just go to Thai Snack for lunch and pay a quarter of the price for some "rustic" Thai food. Having said all that, do try it, it might just what your looking for, I really like seeing SE Asian food started to creep up in Doha, I really miss it, coming from OZ!

Reviewed 24 August 2012

Good service, but a little expensive. Enjoyed the food which is well presented but quite limited in the selections

Reviewed 12 June 2012

very nice interior and the service is great,food in not my favorite,i thought the menu can be wider.

Been to Mango Tree? Share your experiences!