“Very Nice Hotel”
Review of Century Hotel

Century Hotel
Ranked #52 of 137 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed 5 April 2013

During my stay i found this hotel very nice , really the staff was great the location although it was a bit hard to find , but you will find it in a very nice location .
The Breakfast was downside . I did enjoy the Gym , Steam and Jacuzzi , Just beware from the Lady over there , she not friendly at all .

The staff was very helpful , the service was great , the rooms were more than great lighting system is somehow not easy .

Overall , i did enjoy the stay and the hotel alot

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 February 2013

This hotel could be good, but it's not!

It's built in the middle of a construction site, and is almost impossible to find. The area is being redeveloped, but it can't happen quick enough.

The food is poor, at best! Only light breakfast and afternoon tea are served. There is no lounge or bar to relax in.

However, the rooms are surprisingly brilliant. The lighting control system takes some time to understand, but the decor and the quality of the fittings is excellent!

For dinner and a drink, I walk to the Movenpick down the road, or get a cab across to the Marriott.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Century Hotel is one of the best hotel in Doha comparing with this price. I recommend to stay at this hotel for anyone who will go to Qatar. It was clean and have a very friendly staff and very good Manager ( Mr. Hanna ) to help.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 23 January 2013

This stay was surprisingly good value as I was not expecting too much. The rooms were well furnished and my room had all of the ammenities that are required from a 4 start hotel. The location is a little far from the main sights and also a little hard to find. Some things could be improved but the bathroom was pleasing, The reception staff were excellent during my stay and were very generous with their time. I had to make changes to my bookings and travel plans and they were helpful with every request. The food was very disappointing and there are no real good food outlets within walking distance - however for the price I was surprised.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 January 2013

I'm now quite used to visit Doha and it's hotels and my opinion about the Millenium hotel is mixed.

First of all we are close from the AirPort which could be a good point but you need to avoid a lot of noisy rooms where it is really hard to have a good sleep due to the aircraft takeoff (as in Doha a lot of planes are operating during the night). I precise that I'm not a light sleeper.
Except that issue rooms are of good quality.
The hotel is quite far from everything in Doha.

Regarding the service of the hotel :
Front desk is less helpful and sympatic than other hotels in Doha.
On the other side the team at the restaurant is very nice and carefull.

The quality of the buffet at the restaurant is sometime challenging : lack of vegetables but if you love rice and chicken you will have it every day. I stayed at the hotel for more than a week and I was tired of eating almost the same thing every day. Once again compare to other hotels in Doha it's disappointing. That point need to be improved.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 December 2012

This stay was extremely disappointing from a service perspective. We had two rooms for three people, I made appointments for 3 massages the day after our arrival but when we went for the appointment we were told that two of the three of us could not be accommodated because they were only doing massages for men. I brought this up to the staff, with the manager watching me complain and the manager simply walked away and the staff said, "It is policy, what can I do?" A lost afternoon for us. They still charged for the 1 massage, no discount.

The following day I asked when the Islamic Museum opened. The staff said that it was already open so we took a hotel car (which we paid for) to the museum only to find that we would have to wait 90 minutes before opening. When returning we were told, "Sir, I wasn't sure!" Why tell me something if you aren't sure? You have a business center, I can go look up the timings.

The rooms are very nice, the beds are fantastic, the shower is horrid (hot-cold-hot-cold), room service is very good.

Room Tip: Walking distance to the souk, museum and corniche.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 December 2012

I'd like to give this hotel 3.5 stars, but tripAdvisor won't let me, so I gave it a more generous 4 stars. The room in this hotel (a standard room) was comfortable, with a nice large bathroom with a tub. The amenities all around were pretty good. The hotel is very well maintained. The food in the restaurant, however, was pretty abysmal. I order a seafood pizza for lunch, which was topped with all the rubbery fake seafood stuff you can imagine: seafood stick passed off as crab meat, seafood sticks being for seafood what cheap hotdogs are for meat. The buffet breakfast, which we only had because we were hungry and nothing else was conveniently available, was very ho-hum. We ordered vegetable omelets with cheese (part of the buffet), which had very little in them in the way of vegetables and they used fake cheese - Kraft singles or what have you. Clearly the people running the hotel restaurant can't tell the difference between real food and fake, mass manufactured garbage. We ended up eating mostly at the Movenpick hotel down the road, and probably should have stayed there.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple