“Comfortable, good touches”

Ranked #49 of 134 Hotels in Doha
Pretoria, South Africa
“Comfortable, good touches”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I spent a night here compliments of Qatar Airways (travelling economy). This 3 star hotel is centrally located in Doha and very comfortable. By international standards, the rooms are easily in the 4 star category. Very nice touch was a complimentary snack and soft drink delivered to my room after a late night arrival. Breakfast was satisfactory although somewhat limited in choice (no fresh fruit or muesli) but perfectly acceptable. Front office staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Sir
thank you very much for your great comments and I am so happy that Qatar Airways guests are delighted from the hotel and the service and let me tell you that we are having fresh fruit or muesli daily on the breakfast , it is on the left and right side of the buffet , I am checking the breakfast daily and it is always there , however I gave instructions to the kitchen staff as well as the chef to maintain the consistency of having those items all the time on the breakfast buffet and to be replenished in a very short time
thank you again and we would like to see you again in our hotel
best regards
hany maroun

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Paris, France
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I stayed 10 days when I arrived in Doha, here is my review of the hotel.

The Century have very nice rooms, well furnished with great bed, great bathroom, great internet & great TV. The hotel itself is also really confortable with a great gym and a great meeting room at the top floor. Although, the location is not really good if you're in West Bay and the staff & the price policy are not really encouraging long term stay. The hotel kitchen is regular good and really expensive.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mr.Alex
let me thank you first for your nice and valuable comments . the hotel is 5 minutes walk to the new museum due to open next year , our location will be a landmark once the museum will be open, for sure we have very attractive long staying rates .
please feel free to call me or to email me if you need more information about that
thank you for allowing us to serve and we would love to do it more often
truly yours
hany@centuryhoteldoha.com
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Surprisingly good hotel. The standard of the rooms is very good and very clean. The architect had some strange use of space; but the finishes are of a high standard. The hotel can be tricky to find, but is actually in a convenient location. Immediate surroundings are not great; but is close to Corniche and airport. Restaurant is rather basic.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 17neil17
Dear Sir
Thank you very much for your great comments , the location is 5 minutes walk to the new museum and 10 minutes walk to the cornice and the souq
the food is the restaurant is international and we are devoting ourselves to cope with our guest needs and requests
we are proud to serve you always and we would like to see you again in the near future
truly yours
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I never written review for hotels or restaurants before (frankly I do not have the time for such sentimental feedback), but I was so angry at the person who wrote such snobbish remarks about the services and behavior of the staff at Century hotel, which made me compelled to write back and show the reality of this homey hotel and its amazing staff.
I found in Century Hotel in Doha my home away from home. It is so well equipped and its management and staff are the most helpful bunch I've ever met in my life. They are making me feel so special. all my needs are met, and due to my long stay all my requirements are memorized by this clever lot, that I need not remind them of how I wish to live my life.
The quality of food is good and the rooms are suoer maintaned. They even put for me a new power pump as I explained I wish the shower to be a bit stronger.
As I leave the hotel or I get back in, I am received by so many and welcomed by all that I feel as a true VIP to the letter.
Bless you Management and bless you little busy bees serving me to the full at this warm and charming residence.
Do not miss on the best set rooms when you arrive to Qatar. Take my advice, and I've seen plenty in my time. Century Hotel is tops.

Room Tip: Designed in a warm way as home.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Mido K
CenturyhotelDoha, General Manager at Century Hotel, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Sir
I cannot find the words to express my appreciation for such a great review which reflects for sure the hotel standard for both service and production
the service in our hotel in undivided , we devote our efforts to every guest equally , we make sure that the guest is happy with full satisfaction and for sure in case of any problems we solve it on the spot , we try to be proactive to our guest demands
Thank you again and I am very happy that you are happy with your stay and we are always here at your service
GM, Century hotel Doha
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I have stayed at the century hotel many times now and the service seems to get even better, the rooms are excellent , 5 star service for three star prices, Location Ideal for Airport, Restaurants and for the Corniche, I would and do highly reccommend the Century Hotel, you will not be dissapointed.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank peter n d
Dear Sir
thank you very much for your valuable and excellent comments about the service and the production during your stay at the Century hotel in Doha , for sure those very positive comments will lead our hotel to a better position in the market and boost our efforts to even improve ourselves better in order to sustain our position .
We will deploy all our efforts to the guest satisfaction
Best regards
GM, Century hotel, Doha
wassenaar
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I was in Century Hotel for one night while my travel to the US. The hotel is very basic and the restaurant has limited selection of food but room is fine. In general, this hotel is fine for one night specially when paid by airline. However, I was told upon arrival to the hotel that my transport to the airport will be at 6:30 an that I will get a wake up call about half an hour to 45 minutes before that. To my surprise, I was waken up at 4:00 in the morning instaid and asked to get ready to leave to the airport. Idid that and found out the hotel had other travelers and did not want to send a van later even though the hotel is ONLY five minutes from airport. Of course I had to spend few hours waiting at the airport and found that behavior from the hotel very rude and unprofessional.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank traveller20000
CenturyhotelDoha, General Manager at Century Hotel, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Dear Sir
First let me thank you for your comments about the hotel and let me explain to you that your reservation was done by Qatar airways and the wakeup call timing is up to them, for security reasons they need the client to be in the airport three hours before departure, so we got the instructions from Qatar Airways about the said timing for the wakeup call, so the hotel attitude was neither rude nor unprofessional because we follow the instructions of Qatar airways
As for the food we have an elaborated international all day dining menu, which suits all guests demand , in addition to that we our room service menu is around the clock to cope with our guest demands , any how we will inform Qatar Airways about your complaint to handle it .
Hany maroun
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I stayed at the century hotel for a month when I started working in Doha. It was a wonderful stay, everyone was so helpful and friendly and the manager went out of his way every time he saw me to make me feel comfortable and welcome. The bed was so comfortable and the staff felt a little like family when I left. I would stay here again tomorrow.

Room Tip: The Italian food was very good.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Stephvliet
CenturyhotelDoha, General Manager at Century Hotel, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Dear Steph
thank you very much for your nice comments really it helps us and motivate us to do more for our customers , I am really happy to know that during your two months you have been satisfied with our product food and service and we are looking forward to welcoming you again at the century hotel Doha
Best regards