“Very comfortable”
Review of Century Hotel

Century Hotel
Ranked #50 of 140 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Very comfortable, clean room. Friendly staff.I would definitely stay again. Warm hospitality. Location is little congested though. Rooms are modern and clean. Nice interior. Overall, a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
hany m, General Manager at Century Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Mr. DeepakDCunha
thank you very much for your nice comments , we are happy that you enjoyed your stay at the century hotel in Doha, in fact the location is congested due to the construction of the new museum in Doha, the road will be clear and leading to the museum at the end of this year.
our location will be the best location in town , 5 minutes to the museum , 10 minutes to the Souk and 5 minutes drive to the gulf shore .
we hope to see you again in our hotel , feel free to call me personally for any further assistance
GM
Century hotel, Doha

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Many people staying one night in Doha will be there on business, as I was, and my needs were:
Comfortable and clean room, Wi-Fi; Parking, Accessible Location. This place is dry so if you are looking for alcoholic drinks it may not be for you. I found this place after doing a search through a hotel booking website, and the rate was less than 50% of any well known chain brand. However, on the internet it looked like it met my criteria, and the price was good.

I have to say, this hotel exceeded my expectations, and I say this having tried a number of non-brand name hotels around the world. I was in a hire car, and gave my details to reception before parking in the underground car park. My room key was ready for me when I got back from the car park, with no wait at all. The room was excellent, with a comfortable bed, large work space, large clean bathroom with a walk in rain shower, and tea/coffee making equipment. The Wi-Fi also worked well, and was free. Breakfast was fine, with a reasonable (bearing in mind the price) selection of cereal, hot dishes, a good toaster, fruit and juices, and the staff on duty were great.

All in all, the place was great, and I will certainly stay there again. Two minor points to mention:
1. The electronic light controls controlled from a panel by the bed seemed over complicated, or did not work as well as it should - not sure this is really necessary
2. The location is quite congested. I arrived at about 9:30 at night and the narrow roads around the hotel were very busy.

Room Tip: The higher you are the better the view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
hany m, General Manager at Century Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Dear Sir
it was a great pleasure hosting you in our hotel and we would like to thank you very much for your very nice comments about the hotel service and production , just to inform you that the hotel will be located 5 minutes walk from the new museum , and we hope in less than one year from now the area will be developed and the congested road will be ready with no constraints
thank you again and we would love to see you again in our hotel

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I spent a night here courtesy of Qatar Airways transfer. There was no one to pick me up at Arrivals , so after waiting for about 20 minutes I was advised to take a taxi and ask the hotel to pay. And that is what I did. The hotel staff did not hesitate to make payment. [I honestly thought it was going to be a scuffle].
The rooms are big and comfortable. Dinner on the house was brought up to my room, but I failed to get warm water in the shower even after running it for about 5 min. I guess I was too tired to wait longer. [My colleague said that, she showered warm water but that it took awhile to come through]

I was woken up an hour ahead of my hotel pick up and was given a breakfast pack which I though was rather cute.

Definitely, highly recommended. I just wished that I could stay longer. :-)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
hany m, General Manager at Century Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Dear Ms. Tindi
I have read your very nice comments about the hotel , the transportation , the dinner and the breakfast service
meanwhile I have instructed the maintenance staff to check on the warm water delay running and will make sure that your comment will be accommodated immediately
thank you again for your valuable comments and nice words
we are very happy to have the third nice comments from Qatar Airways guest on the row with great feed back

Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night in this hotel curtesy of Qatar Airways and had a pleasant time. Rooms were modern, well decorated and clean. The food was good and the staff attentive. The hotel was well organized and airport transfers easy. I would stay here again if in town.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Mam
I am proud that most of Qatar airways guests are happy about the hotel service , in our hotel the service is undivided , we are happy about your comments and they are our assets , every comment is a competitive advantage for all of us
thank you and we hope to see you again in Doha
General manager

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Planned to stay 3 nights but after being scalded by the shower , flickering led light in bedroom , having to use an iron with exposed wires and expected to have breakfast without a decent cereal...coco pops really? I left... Worst part is to come. Arrived in Cairo as the next part of my business trip to find whilst at the hotel I had been relieved of 70 Aud , a 50 English pound note and a 100 Usd note and and a Nz 100 dollar note from my travel wallet. All up about 300USD.... If I had found this out then I would have called the Police. I do not recommend staying at this hotel no matter how desperate you may be for acomodation. Better hotels with trust worthy people about Doha.

Room Tip: Look for another hotel, it will cost you less in the long run.
4  Thank Jason H
hanymaroun, General Manager at Century Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2015

Dear Sir
just to express my sincere apology for the negative experience you had in our hotel , we will take all your points positively and we will solve them on the spot
during your next trip you will have a different and positive experience

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I spent a night here compliments of Qatar Airways (travelling economy). This 3 star hotel is centrally located in Doha and very comfortable. By international standards, the rooms are easily in the 4 star category. Very nice touch was a complimentary snack and soft drink delivered to my room after a late night arrival. Breakfast was satisfactory although somewhat limited in choice (no fresh fruit or muesli) but perfectly acceptable. Front office staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Sir
thank you very much for your great comments and I am so happy that Qatar Airways guests are delighted from the hotel and the service and let me tell you that we are having fresh fruit or muesli daily on the breakfast , it is on the left and right side of the buffet , I am checking the breakfast daily and it is always there , however I gave instructions to the kitchen staff as well as the chef to maintain the consistency of having those items all the time on the breakfast buffet and to be replenished in a very short time
thank you again and we would like to see you again in our hotel

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I stayed 10 days when I arrived in Doha, here is my review of the hotel.

The Century have very nice rooms, well furnished with great bed, great bathroom, great internet & great TV. The hotel itself is also really confortable with a great gym and a great meeting room at the top floor. Although, the location is not really good if you're in West Bay and the staff & the price policy are not really encouraging long term stay. The hotel kitchen is regular good and really expensive.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mr.Alex
let me thank you first for your nice and valuable comments . the hotel is 5 minutes walk to the new museum due to open next year , our location will be a landmark once the museum will be open, for sure we have very attractive long staying rates .
please feel free to call me or to email me if you need more information about that
thank you for allowing us to serve and we would love to do it more often
truly yours