“Worst Hotel Ever”

Best Western Plus Doha
Ranked #78 of 140 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We flyed with Qatar airways. We missed our connecting flight as our original flight got delayed. We were alloted room in coral hotel until our next flight. upon check in at reception which was very unfriendly and very rude. he would not even speak looking at us. We were told from the airport that we have to be at airport before 2 hrs of flight. I asked them to transfer us to airport before two hours and he very bluntly said that no we will transfer us before 1 hr as mentioned to them by airport. He gave us keys and didnt mention anything about the floor as well. he told us very quickly about the wifi password as well. we were so blank as what did he tell. When we reached to our room in the bathroom there were toiletries, my husband wanted to shave and he open the shaving kit he was so disgusted to see that shaving razor has got hairs on it and also in the packet which made him think that this was already been used. Later he called us before 3 hrs of our flight time that they have to transfer us to airport now. I told them that they mentioned us in mng that it will be before 1 hr and now he is saying to checkout in 5 mins. We were having nap as we were very tired from our travel. We had to get down in litelrally 5 mins and were transferred to airport before more than 3 hrs. We also found that staff were very RACIST. I never mention this thing but it really made me feel suffocating that day. Will never ever stay there.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 April 2014

This hotel is in a good location - close to the souk, however rooms were a bit tired and the air-conditioning very noisy. The only food I tried at the hotel was the breakfast which wasn't great. Not sure if hotel is value for money as my company took care of the bill.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

The hotel is situated quite close to the Souk and Corniche, only a short taxi drive from the airport.

The staff were very friendly and provided a good service. Our room was upgraded and complimentary breakfast provided. The breakfast buffet had a wide selection of choices. The rooms were spacious and well appointed but a little worn.

Good value stay considering the price of other options available in Doha.

We were scammed by a taxi driver – make sure when you are picked up out and about you are only charged the minimum pick up tariff of 4 QAR and not the 25QAR

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

I was in Qatar for 5days sitting for an exam ( Arab board for family medicine ). I did an extensive search regarding hotels in doha especially as am traveling with family! My concern was to find a decent clean place close to the heart of the city! I can say with no doubt that " Coral Hotel Doha" was the best choice for me! I was so lucky to book in it! This 4 star hotel deserves 10 stars! It is very clean, quite, the staff are very pleasant and extremely polite and helpful! They will go a million mile just to assure a pleasurable stay for their visitors! We booked for 2 deluxe rooms but when we got there, we were amazed that they upgraded us to two executive and deluxe suits with a free breakfast!! That was astonishing indeed!! Especially after an annoying ordeal we faced in the airport earlier that forced us to delay our flight for more than 8hours!!
The reception staff were a delight to communicate with, especially " Muhannad" from Egypt who - by the way- honestly deserves a big salary bonus and a promotion !! Because of that man I can say with no doubt " Coral Hotel" will be my constant hotel in my future visits to Qatar and will recommend it to all who I know.
The rooms were very spacious, clean , free fast WIFI every where and the breakfast at " Jasmine restaurant" was very tasty and fulfilling!! The location of the hotel is extremely convieniant for those who like shopping and enjoy walking at the beach as it is 10 minute walking distance from the hotel. There is nearby restaurants as well for free delivery and a masged just opposite to the hotel.
Having said that the hotel need to improve in certain aspects. The housekeeping come late at times, the mini bar items has no price list and the A/C is freezing, even when we switched it off the suit remained very cold.
I highly recommend this hotel for families, business travelers and everyone who look for a prestigious hotel with outstanding staff who masters highly standards of communication.

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Old but spacious. The hotel staff are very polite and helpful. The restaurant buffet is great for breakfast serving a wide variety. Apparently a popular hotel among the region. Near to a shopping centre and a museum.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel which was booked for me by my company. Firstly the location is central, you can walk to the Museum of Islamic Art and the Souq, the surrounding area however has little infrastructure in terms of dining options and there is much construction going on around you.

On checkin the staff member confirmed my 2 night stay and I queried the day use that had also been pre arranged due to the late departure of my flight. I was told that I had checkout until 3.00pm and I said that it was 9.00pm and that they had been advised of this. He then left to check and returned bluntly stating that the hotel was booked out and I would need to check out by 3.00pm. This was of no use to me as I was working that day. He the asked if I wanted a smoking or non smoking room, I asked for non smoking, he then handed me a key with no other words. I assumed that my room was on the 2nd floor.

The "Non Smoking Room" smelt of stale cigarettes, it was however very spacious. I immediately took a shower and the shower door is not sealed, therefore water flows onto the bathroom floor. On my second day the water was tepid in the morning and evening, you could barely stand under it.

Wifi would not operate in my room. I mentioned this twice and was told that I must be typing in the code incorrectly, finally they sent a technician who confirmed that my room was not receiving wifi. I had no choice but to sit in the lobby to access it.

On my second day a staff member came to my room announcing that I had not yet checked out, I advised that I was booked for 2 nights and he said no I was booked for 1 and to come to reception. I asked the staff member to check the confirmation that was printed on their letter head which plainly showed that I was booked for 2 nights. No apology was offered for the error, just a shrug of the shoulders.

That night I ordered room service and signed it to my room, 15 minutes later the staff member returned in a panic demanding that I pay cash as I had no "Credit" with the hotel as they had neglected to collect my credit card number upon check in. Yet another inconvenience that was caused by the hotels inefficiency.

Frankly my stay at this hotel was far from pleasurable and there are far superior options a stones throw from this hotel that are nicer for much the same price.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

This week I had no alternative but to check in at the Coral Hotel in Doha as I had an unforeseen overnight in Doha and all the usual hotels that we would choose from had no rooms available. However, for a BUDGET hotel (I paid QR 360.00) in very pricey Doha this property is reasonable.

The interiors are very tired and in need of a general refurbishment. The decor is very typical of the less prestigious hotel brands in this part of the world with rather garish colours, overworked wood details, overstuffed sofas and substandard plaster mouldings. On international standards, this would be a 2-3 star hotel.

However, there was service with a smile. Thumbs up to Mr Mohaned in Reception, whose welcoming attitude even outshone the screamingly loud colours all around him, declared that he was upgrading us to suites and gave us cast iron assurances of this best assistance should we require anything at all.

The junior suite was a major step up if one has experienced a budget hotel in somewhere like France or other parts of Europe. It was huge and very clean if a little old. Everything was there including WiFi internet and a decent TV/air conditioning. The let down was the bathroom which had mouldy grouting around the tiles in the shower and a toilet that did not flush very efficiently. The shower itself was little better than a strong trickle but the water was good and hot. The soaps provided are probably the cheapest available so I would suggest investing in some decent shower gel at the local minisupermarket.

There were Tea/Coffee making facilities in the room but there was no coffee or sugar and I decided against trying to request some. So I tried Room Service in the evening as I was tired and not ready to face the restaurant. I requested 3 items on the rather limited menu only to be informed that these items were not available. So I gave up and went to bed as I wasn't really hungry anyway.

The bed had all the right comfortable linens of reasonable quality but the mattress was not of the same calibre. It was so old that it had lost a lot of its "springy" support. So instead of the mattress adjusting to MY form, I had to adjust to ITS form. Pillows were good and towels were quite large with good water absorbancy.

There is no Room Service breakfast menu and, as I was being collected at 6.30am, I had to miss breakfast in the restaurant for which service commences at that same time. Therefore I tried Room Service again and ordered the Cheese Sambousek (baked pastry shells filled with
soft haloumi cheese) which is normally eaten later in the day. To my surprise and delight, not only did these arrive to my room within 10 minutes, they were absolutely delicious!! Some of the best Sambousek I have tasted in my 15 years in the region! Those with the coffee also supplied without being ordered made for an excellent breakfast indeed.

Check-in and check-out are quite involved and take a while so plan on allowing 10-15 minutes for the process.

On the whole, while I probably would not opt for this Hotel again, for those less demanding travelers who are touring on a budget, the Coral Hotel in Doha is quite a reasonable option for a couple of nights.

Room Tip: The suites are huge and relatively cheap compared to other hotels and therefore good for family want...