““Amazing””

Best Western Plus Doha
Ranked #94 of 136 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I've really enjoyed with my stay for 2 nights “business trip” in coral Hotel this week. I had a nice and spacious room "312". The food was good. I would like to thank hotel staff for their welcome and smile. They have been always ready to help me and letting me felt like i were in my homes I strongly recommend this beautiful Hotel to everyone

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Doha

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I chose this hotel because it was close to the Islamic Art Museum, the souk Waqif and the Mosquee. Good location.I got upgraded in a spacious suite.Nice staff .Taxi service and food quite expensive at the hotel.Overall good value for money.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Pam8001
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This certainly isn't the "worst hotel ever": but my circumstances were identical to other commentators and entirely due to exceptionally bad scheduling by Qatar Airways leaving the tightest of tight Transfers. If you are traveling from London to Riyadh, do not travel via Doha as there is no margin for any flight delay, and if you miss your connection, you will lose a day!!!!
It's not easy to enjoy appreciate an hotel when it is forced upon you in the early hours of the morning, but the bed was comfortable, the room large, the room facilities good apart from TV's that did not work, but at 2am, who really cares about television!?
Breakfast was poor by Gulf standards, but the Arabesque Coffee Shop made up for this.
The hotel's closeness to the old souk was attractive - a five minute walk in 40C being not too difficult !
Good views of "new" Doha's skyline across the bay and the right side of town to afford easy access to the airport.

Can't comment upon the value because Qatar Airways paid, nor upon the Room Service which I always try to avoid, but I'd stay there again and skip breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Graham A
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We flyed with Qatar airways. We missed our connecting flight as our original flight got delayed. We were alloted room in coral hotel until our next flight. upon check in at reception which was very unfriendly and very rude. he would not even speak looking at us. We were told from the airport that we have to be at airport before 2 hrs of flight. I asked them to transfer us to airport before two hours and he very bluntly said that no we will transfer us before 1 hr as mentioned to them by airport. He gave us keys and didnt mention anything about the floor as well. he told us very quickly about the wifi password as well. we were so blank as what did he tell. When we reached to our room in the bathroom there were toiletries, my husband wanted to shave and he open the shaving kit he was so disgusted to see that shaving razor has got hairs on it and also in the packet which made him think that this was already been used. Later he called us before 3 hrs of our flight time that they have to transfer us to airport now. I told them that they mentioned us in mng that it will be before 1 hr and now he is saying to checkout in 5 mins. We were having nap as we were very tired from our travel. We had to get down in litelrally 5 mins and were transferred to airport before more than 3 hrs. We also found that staff were very RACIST. I never mention this thing but it really made me feel suffocating that day. Will never ever stay there.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This hotel is in a good location - close to the souk, however rooms were a bit tired and the air-conditioning very noisy. The only food I tried at the hotel was the breakfast which wasn't great. Not sure if hotel is value for money as my company took care of the bill.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The hotel is situated quite close to the Souk and Corniche, only a short taxi drive from the airport.

The staff were very friendly and provided a good service. Our room was upgraded and complimentary breakfast provided. The breakfast buffet had a wide selection of choices. The rooms were spacious and well appointed but a little worn.

Good value stay considering the price of other options available in Doha.

We were scammed by a taxi driver – make sure when you are picked up out and about you are only charged the minimum pick up tariff of 4 QAR and not the 25QAR

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

I was in Qatar for 5days sitting for an exam ( Arab board for family medicine ). I did an extensive search regarding hotels in doha especially as am traveling with family! My concern was to find a decent clean place close to the heart of the city! I can say with no doubt that " Coral Hotel Doha" was the best choice for me! I was so lucky to book in it! This 4 star hotel deserves 10 stars! It is very clean, quite, the staff are very pleasant and extremely polite and helpful! They will go a million mile just to assure a pleasurable stay for their visitors! We booked for 2 deluxe rooms but when we got there, we were amazed that they upgraded us to two executive and deluxe suits with a free breakfast!! That was astonishing indeed!! Especially after an annoying ordeal we faced in the airport earlier that forced us to delay our flight for more than 8hours!!
The reception staff were a delight to communicate with, especially " Muhannad" from Egypt who - by the way- honestly deserves a big salary bonus and a promotion !! Because of that man I can say with no doubt " Coral Hotel" will be my constant hotel in my future visits to Qatar and will recommend it to all who I know.
The rooms were very spacious, clean , free fast WIFI every where and the breakfast at " Jasmine restaurant" was very tasty and fulfilling!! The location of the hotel is extremely convieniant for those who like shopping and enjoy walking at the beach as it is 10 minute walking distance from the hotel. There is nearby restaurants as well for free delivery and a masged just opposite to the hotel.
Having said that the hotel need to improve in certain aspects. The housekeeping come late at times, the mini bar items has no price list and the A/C is freezing, even when we switched it off the suit remained very cold.
I highly recommend this hotel for families, business travelers and everyone who look for a prestigious hotel with outstanding staff who masters highly standards of communication.

Stayed: March 2014