“Excellent Teppanyaki Dinner at Asia Live (Doha Marriott)”
Review of Asia Live!

Asia Live!
Ranked #238 of 861 Restaurants in Doha
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Japanese
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Doha, Qatar
“Excellent Teppanyaki Dinner at Asia Live (Doha Marriott)”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We had a New Years Day Teppanyaki Dinner at Asia Live in the Doha Marriott. The Teppanyaki meal - courtesy Chef Mark - was excellent. We went with the Asia Live set teppanyaki menu including veggies, chicken, scallops, shrimp and steak. It was a memorable visual as well as gastronomic experience for the entire family. The seafood was fresh and spectacular - as was the chicken. We had several drinks - the standout on the non-alcoholic side - was the fruit cocktail. Very refreshing indeed. Highly recommended for the ambiance (nice pagoda setting with rich cherry wood paneling), food and drink.

• Visited January 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Arabic first
“Absolutely average....”
Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

This restaurant had been recommended to my by my friend. I had a few expectations walking into the Marriott, but was quite disappointed with the quality of food served.

The decor is quite nice and staff very courteous.

We ordered Wanton soup, Pad Thai and Vietnamese Chicken with rice.
The soup was quite average. The pad thai was excessively sweet and some noodles burnt. The Vietnamese chicken was not worth writing about.
My wife had the Frozen Samurai which was quite good.

When evaluating the price against the quality of food I would rate this as average to poor. Considering the other Asian options available in Doha I do not believe there is anything at this restaurant that would warrant my visiting this place again.

Visited December 2013
Doha, Qatar
“Thoroughly enjoyable evening”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

The faux pagoda setting was fun and the staff very welcoming. We had booked a teppanyaki table and Chef Mark didn't let us down. All of the entertainment that you expect and beautifully prepared food. We chose the meat and seafood set menu and loved it. I could have eaten the scallops until I burst.
Only negative was the wine list, very limited for such a good restaurant. I would like to see some of the South American wines and Spanish cava offered in some of the Marriott's other restaurants added to the list.
We will visit again, thanks.

• Visited November 2013
Muscat, Oman
“great variety of food, drink and service”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I visited this venue last year and was impressed by the variety of food and nice bubbly to match!!! From tender rib steak to spicy indian food, there is something for most people. I really enjoyed being able to move from food stall to food stall and sample so many styles. The staff(mainly expat) were always quick to help or recommend- most efficiently too. There is a leisurely pace which allows you to feel relaxed and savour the dishes. Would definitely return.

• Visited December 2012
Singapore
“Sushi and Sashimi Buffet”
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Whilst the Chef and the restaurant service staff was good and attentive. I give them top marks for the service. However, my honest assessment is that the food is below par for an authentic Japanese meal. If you are a Westerner or South Asian then you will probably be thrilled by the teppanyaki display.

• Visited April 2013