“Very Bad”

InterContinental Doha The City
Ranked #8 of 134 Hotels in Doha
“Very Bad”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Very bad room service, staff are not professional at all. The hotel has a very depressing ambience and the management team are focusing on hiring inexperienced resources. room service could take more than an hour to deliver your food and in case you paid cash they might not return back your change unless you give them a call back. there is no bells installed and therefore expect to find someone standing right in your room if you did not hear the door knock.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank A. S
Your_dedicated_host, General Manager at InterContinental Doha The City, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear ,
with great disappointment into ourselves we have received your feedback for your most recent stay. It is the first 1* feedback since June 5th 2012 and we will be working more than had to keep it the last one.

Please accept our apologies and rest assured that those points raised are being not only discussed and considered, but also acted upon.
We have build a very good reputation in the market and will continue to thrive to deliver only the best.

With best regards and hoping to seeing you back for a return stay to experience the true InterContinental Doha The City hospitality. Do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can assist.

Chris
Chris Jung
InterContinental Doha The City

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Arabic first
Coaldale, Canada
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Due to a mix up with my employment living arrangements, a group of us completely lucked out and were placed in this hotel to live for 7 months.
The staff at the Intercontinental are second to none. They are hard-working, sweet, smiling and helpful. The rooms are large and beautiful and every room has a view. I was on the 26th floor which was stunning for sunsets. Beds are very comfortable, showers/bathrooms are lovely, there is a TV is almost every room with many English and Arabic channels, and the amenities are fabulous too. The gym over looks the entire city and is attached to a pool area that has THE view of the city. There are multiple restaurants and events happening each evening. The lobby has a lovely garden area, and plenty of cafe/sitting options.
The care-taking staff are very thorough and the rooms are left perfect each time they visit.
I loved living here and feel completely spoiled that I had the chance. It was a very lavish experience!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Your_dedicated_host, General Manager at InterContinental Doha The City, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Misskilaw,
thank you very much for the great review on our Residences. We are truly proud having provided such a great "home away from home". Thank you for mentioning our new Lobby Lounge Garden... a true Oasis in WestBay and we are glad you enjoyed it! Feel free to drop in anytime to see the new additions and happenings taking place at the hotel.
Your InterContinental Doha The City Team awaits you!
Navi Mumbai, India
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I would love to know how InterContinental have selected such an amazing team. All are very friendly, only pleased to help, go the extra mile, and are very customer orientated especially Mr. Naveen Kumar. The restaurants are all high quality.Can personally recommend the made to order Veg food at breakfast! The rooms are comfortable and well equipped.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Your_dedicated_host, General Manager at InterContinental Doha The City, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Dear Anubhav,
thank you very much for this amazing feedback which we gladly shared with the entire team in our Hear of House Quality Board.
It is with big pride to hear that you have fully enjoyed your stay with us and we will be more than delighted to receive you, your friends and family or work colleagues back to our hotel whenever you are coming to Doha.
With best regards,
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Ok here the thing. My friend and I thought we should give this new hotel a vist and we stayed in for a couple of nights. Both night were great with great services. The hotels stuff were so friendly. The rooms were perfect and super clean. The bathroom is so huge and fancy as well. The first night at the hotel we went to the second floor were they had lounch with bunch of open bar "free drinks" it was so awesome, however place was empty, but the sruff made thr plavlce so fun for us. They come and ask us for drinks and also they started to speak to us. Especially that girl work there, her name was Mayumi, she made us laugh all night long and she was so friendly. When I visit Doha again, defentily this hotel will be my choice.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Your_dedicated_host, General Manager at InterContinental Doha The City, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear Jassim,
thank you very much for sharing your great experience at the hotel. We are looking forward and are proud to be your first choice when travelling and staying in Doha!
See you soon at the InterContinental Doha the City,
Your entire Team of the hotel!
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I was luckily enough to get this on a special deal which included breakfast.

As I arrived much earlier than anticipated, I emailed the front desk to see if I could check in early. This wasn't a problem. I was able to have early access to my room and use the wifi immediately sort out some personal issues.

The concierge staff were helpful in organizing tours for me personalized to my time, dates and interests.

Everyone was very attentive and it's within very short walking distance to malls and shops.

I don't think they have a shuttle service between the two Intercons but that would be great to help so guests can experience both the city and waterside living without additional expense.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Your_dedicated_host, General Manager at InterContinental Doha The City, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear CLAus14,
thank you for your review and insight. We are glad to have not only met, but exceeded your expectations during your stay. Most recently a WestBay Bus service has been established, taking passengers around all landmarks of WestBay free of charge. Possibly this service will be expanded and will cover also the old InterContinental.
Hope to see you back to check this out!
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have been a guest resident in Intercontinental Doha the City, for almost 2 years now. Since I first came, I enjoyed the best treatment and experience. The hotel is perfectly located in the middle of the finance core of Doha.

The flat and hotel rooms are fully furnished and equipped with everything an expat might ever need. I would like to compliment the engineers and housekeeping service, and Lucy, one of my top house keeping ladies, who keeps my flat clean and organize making my stay even more pleasant. Congratulations to the chef and staff of the Square restaurant for the business lunch menu (specially the hammour!), the Prime restaurant staff for a wonderful soirée and best steak options I have tried in Doha so far.. and Strata bar for providing me the best cocktails with the best view of Doha...You could turn it into the best club of Qatar quick!!

About the front desk people and the people attending guests when coming into the building I can just say good things. Ahmed, Adam,..etc. Finally, if there is anything I could personally suggest to get improved, I will just suggest to make a bigger or additional room for the fitnessclasses at the gym, to get some cheaper laundry service for the residents, the residents lobby opened again and to be able to watch the World Cup matched at my room!;).. Thanks for everything!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Your_dedicated_host, General Manager at InterContinental Doha The City, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Paloma,
thank you very much for sharing this brief summary of a 2 years stay with us! You will surely delighted to hear that we will shortly be having a Residence Special for Laundry & Pressing (over and above the usual benefits we award to our Residence Guests) and we have obtained the license to screen the WorldCup matches in our Hive Bar & Lounge on Bein Sport.
Hope to see your friendly presence around the hotel also in the future!
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Another enjoyable four night stay at the Intercontinental Doha - The City. This time I was accommodated in an excellent 2 Bedroom Residence Suite which was spacious, if only a little too spacious for what we needed it for. Club lounge is spacious and an excellent setting, particularly enjoyable sat outside on the terrace of an evening. Pool area is small, yet elegant, though I much prefer the open air setting and that would be my only negative about the hotel really. That said, what was particularly annoying on this occasion was having to change lifts on the 26th floor in order to access a lift that took me back to my room.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Your_dedicated_host, General Manager at InterContinental Doha The City, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Dear Boddingtons,
thank you for your kind words and the positive feedback on the various areas of our hotel. The change of elevators on 26th is due to the split of the hotel in Residences & Suites and Hotel rooms. In an attempt to make access for both sides quicker the set-up was initially chosen in this way to reduce number of stops and ease traffic. It can take a bit to get used to the set-up and we are glad you had not encountered any major problems with the exchange floor on 26th. Our apologies for the inconvenience though! Hope to see you back soonest!
With best wishes,