“Unfortunate Money Making Tactics by the Hotel”
Review of Doha Grand Hotel

Doha Grand Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Doha
Doha Grand Hotel
Ranked #113 of 136 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This hotel was provided by Qatar Airways due to a missed connecting flight. The room was OK, but the food and service was terrible. Mediocre buffet Indian food was served for breakfast, lunch and dinner. And the serving staff stared at you when you selected your food, making it quite uncomfortable. The reception manager said that dinner will be served until 10pm however I kept getting calls to my room around 7pm, asking me to have dinner since they will be closing soon. I wanted to eat late because of my late flight - but hotel staff had other ideas.

The voucher from Qatar Airlines states that you can charge up to 200 Qatari Riyals for meals. However the hotel staff did not allow transit passengers to order food from the adjoining restaurant, we had to eat the buffet food. And the buffet food was priced at 200 Qatari Riyals, which seems a bit of a rip off when comparing with prices for the adjoining restaurant. The voucher from Qatar Airlines also allowed you to make an international call for up to 3 minutes. I didn't make a call but I saw that the bill included cost for a 3 minute call. So basically the hotel is ripping off the airline. Lets just hope Qatar Airlines finds out and does something about it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank N C
There are newer reviews for Doha Grand Hotel

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Missed connection brought us to this hotel by Qatar Airline. Surprised that such an excellent airline company uses this outdated hotel for their passengers that has been forced to stay i Doha due to their mistakes!? The rooms are large but without any sense of cosiness and like the rest of the hotel rather ugly. There are however positive things like the free WiFi, ok lunch and dinner and nice staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Happened to stay here for a day during my trip delay. Quite good hotel even though it looks somewhat old. Had very nice Indo-arabian lunch & dinner. Free wifi connectivity available. Airport pick drop available. Economical those who concerned about their budget.

Highly recommend for the tourists.

Room Tip: I stayed in 3rd floor. All the available rooms are good.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

When free accommodation is offered by a class leading airline like Qatar Airways, during transit from Johannesburg to Amman one feels guilty about writing a negative report. However I ease my conscience by the fact that the criticism can easily be corrected by disciplining staff. On arrival at the hotel the check in staff were unhelpful when a bureaucratic error of allocating I room to 4 adults by Qatar Airways. The problem could easily be corrected by a call to the airline. Reception were not interested in providing a solution or listening to reason until I threatened to contact Qatar Airline myself and request 2 rooms or a change of hotel. The Reception than jumped to attention and the problem was resolved. Needless to say on my return leg of the journey I requested an alternate hotel and Qatar Airlines obliged with accommodation at the Horizon Manor.The latter surpassed my expectations.

• Stayed: July 2013
5  Thank FareedSulimanDindar
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Like others, I was a Qatar airline transit passenger. The room was spacious and large, but everything looks old and worn out. This may have been a 3-star hotel once, but I seriously doubt it can be considered as such now. The room facilities were barebones - there was an old bar fridge that rattled loudly when it came on - very annoying. The internet in my room was passable, but I didn't try anything demanding so cant comment on that. The bed was terrible: it felt like the mattress was worn out and filled with coils which pushed up into my back. I also couldn't get the aircon to come on, which made the stuffy night unbearable - it should have been on by default, as in most hotels. I hardly slept a wink so I might as well have stayed at the airport. The hotel shuttle driver was also late when collecting us to return to the airport, we were there at the appointed time, but he was not, and seemed reluctant to get going...and then proceed to hare through the early morning traffic at high speed! It is very disappointing if that is what Qatar airlines - 'the best airline in the world ' - is offering any of its transit customers.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank PatrickMarais
Reviewed 27 April 2013 via mobile

When you travel economy by Qatar Airwais and you get acomodation and three meal for free in this hotel you cannot expect luxury!
The hotel is decent and the staff is doing its best in order the guest to enjoy the stay!
We got delicious lebaneas homous with fatoush salad for dinner!
All personal is verry friendly

• Stayed: April 2013
4  Thank AnaMariaCristina
Reviewed 7 December 2012

i just cant say the experience i had the staffs are rude they charge you 500 per room and when it comes to room that stinks and wow and i was taking bath and water just gone in middle of bath just remmber my grandmama house hehheheh it really sucks i was doing some office work internet gone and keep going frequently if u call frontdesk they wil say they will call you back and u keep on waiting forever :))

i was feeling pity for myself overall stay away from this hotel until ur out option hope you never :P

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business