“Forgotten my credit card and was returned to me”
Review of Glo Cocktail Bar

Glo Cocktail Bar
Ranked #9 of 872 Restaurants in Doha
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Relax in a cocktail bar with unique ambiance, vibrant design and suave sense of style serving mouth-watering cocktails and delicious tapas-style nibbles.
Doha, Qatar
“Forgotten my credit card and was returned to me”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

My husband and I were there last month, since the only place in Renaissance/Marriott City Center where you can get a decent cocktail is in Glo Bar and that Mediterranean place on 2nd floor

Unlike Champions Glo Bar doesn't have specials, discounts, happy hour and the prices you see in the menu is what you get. IMHO that's the only major drawback in this place, which explains why on Thursday nights where places like Wham, Spice Market, Champions, Crystal and Irish Harp are packed to the brim but Glo still remains relatively empty.

Let me regale you about my husband's credit card. We had a few pints and accidentally one glass tipped over and spilled a good amount of beer on the table. They replaced us for free and after much drinks later, my husband paid but he had forgotten to take the card from the receipt wallet and we had forgotten all about it until some 2 or 3 days later when he wanted to buy something online and we realised the card was missing. So at 12 midnight I called them up and they said they had the card with them. So the next day we went to pick up our card and had a pint there. The service was great, they had our card in a duty-free like sealed plastic and we had to sign some papers to retrieve our card. The ordeal took us less than 10 minutes and we tipped the guy whom found it.

We still go there from time to time, but not as frequently as we do Champions. I wished they had happy hour or something...othwerwise it's a waste to have glittering stars on the ceiling, plush chairs, and onyx marble bar top

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank SaltyBodiceRipper
Daniel B, Manager at Glo Cocktail Bar, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Dear SaltyBodiceRipper,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience at Glo and your detailed review. I am glad that you did not experience any problems getting your credit card back.

I am pleased to let you know that we have recently introduced DJ nights on Thursday and Friday nights from 8.00pm onwards and our Happy Hour is currently taking place between 5.00pm and 8.00pm on a daily basis.

We hope we will be able to welcome you back at Glo soon, as you may want to try one of our Molecular Cocktails.

Best regards,
Daniel

Doha, Qatar
“best cocktail bar in Doha”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

from the managers to the staff to the ambiance this place has it all. with new molecular cocktails hitting the menu it is by far one of my favorite locations in Doha

Visited January 2014
Robert C, Director of Beverage & Food at Glo Cocktail Bar, responded to this review, 2 February 2014
Hello Tony
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments in regard to your visits to the Glo bar at the Renaissance Doha City Center Hotel. Your feedback and loyalty is much appreciated. The Glo Bar team will be delighted by your comments regarding the new molecular cocktail list and we look forward to welcoming you back to Glo on your next visit to Qatar.
Best Regards
New Brunswick, Canada
“Quaint little bar”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

This is a great place to relax and have a drink. The staff is amazing, and the selection of exotic drinks, made the menu truly genuine. There is also a very good food menu.
Loved this place, would most certainly recommend to anyone that needs a quiet, relaxing evening.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank gsxrgirl10
Robert C, Director of Beverage & Food at Glo Cocktail Bar, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Hello "gsxrgirl10"
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your recent visit to the Glo Bar, it is much appreciated. The Glo team will be delighted to receive your comments in regard to the drinks and service received. Thank you once again for your comments and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Glo.
Best Regards
London
“Great setting, but below par cocktails”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

The interiro desogn is excellent but that does not make up for the poorly executed and overpriced cocktails. Frozen Margueritas were long on ice and short on tequila.

• Visited September 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Glowing Stars”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

One of the best (if not the best) bars in Doha... Interior design is awesome, I love these glowing stars on the ceiling.. They have partitions where you can sit with your friend or even alone listening to music, playing with your tablet, or even working in a nice cool quite atmosphere... One of the big advantages (which I can only find in a very few places) is free Internet connection, you are allowed to use the Marriot Public Internet connection.

Service, is beyond excellent.. Management and crew style and attitude makes you feel worm and friendly, The smile on their faces makes you feel as if it was your own place.. (This is a formal thanks statement for higher management if they read this)

Bottom line Glo Bar is the place for you if you wanted a fancy, cool, friendly place to spend time...

• Visited September 2013
Robert C, Director of Beverage & Food at Glo Cocktail Bar, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear Metalhammar,

Thank you for your recent review of Glo Cocktail Lounge. We were delighted to read your generous feedback about our team. I am happy to share your comments with them, especially regarding the friendly service, free Marriott wifi and sleek design elements.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Glo.

Warm regards,