“Superb!!”

Ranked #29 of 987 Restaurants in Doha
Price range: US$47 - US$120
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Be stunned by this restaurant's setting and traditional steakhouse feel. A truly memorable dining experience embodying the rich tradition of fine American steakhouses, sip a drink at the sleek bar while you're here.
Reviewed 19 January 2014

A great dining experience...the staff were very attentive, always on top of things,
Although I don't eat red meat, there were other dishes on the menu ie: duck and chicken, every dish that we had was prepared to perfection, The other members in our party all had the steak and had the highest praise for their steaks being prepared exactly as they requested.
Yes, they are pricey, but it was worth it!! Definitely a place worth recommending and frequenting again.

Robert C, Director of Beverage & Food at New York Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Hello “Muggie2103”
I would like to thank you for taking time to share your feedback in regard to your visit to our New York Steakhouse. It is good to hear that you all enjoyed your visit and we appreciate the recognition of the quality of the steaks we have on offer, as well as the other non-red meat options! Thank you once again for your comments and recommendation of the New York Steakhouse and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Hands down one of the best pieces of steak I've had. I ordered a wagyu steak, medium-well done, and it was amazing! No sauce needed because the steak had plenty of great flavour. The service was very good and the waiter was very attentive to our dietary requirements (e.g. no alcohol). The prices are a bit on the steep side, but I would definitely recommend it to my friends.

Thank you for visiting us at the New York Steak House and for your time taken to share your experience with us. Your comments on the quality of our steaks and service are much appreciated and the team will be motivated by such praise. Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Best regards,

Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

This is a place to go for really attentive, professional service and tasty, if pricy, steak. We've always enjoyed it over a number of visits in the last 2 years but I'm pretty sure the steaks used to be thicker and, to my tastes, better. Still a treat to go there but I hope they thicken things up again!!

Hello “Ross”
Thank you for your review of your recent visits to our New York Steak House, your comments and loyalty are much appreciated. Whilst I am delighted that you did enjoy your experience in general, I am sorry that the steak was not up to expectation. If you could contact me on Robert.catlin@renaissancehotels.com I would value the opportunity to discuss this issue further. Thank you once again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the New York Steakhouse soon.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

I was invited for lunch during a week day at this steakhouse at the Renaissance Hotel by a business colleague. We ate at 2 pm, rather late for lunch I assume for the locals as we were the only guests in the restaurant. I had a great filet mignon which was cooked to perfection (medium as I requested) accompanies by excellent cooked vegetables and a jacket potato!…The service was excellent and the staff accommodating. Recommended for a good steak when in Doha!

1  Thank Caris25

Hello “Caris25”
Thank you for visiting us in the New York Steakhouse and for taking time to share your experience with us. Your comments on the quality of the menu and service are much appreciated and the New York team will be motivated by such praise. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Doha.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

An excellent wine menu to start with. They offer a wide selection of cuts of beef. The best to try is the wagyu beef. We had our steak cooked medium & medium rare respectively & they were cooked to perfection.
Just loved the pairing of my red wine with my steak although I don't remember its name the wine was from South Africa, medium bodied whereas my husband had a full bodied wine.
We were seated opposite the open kitchen so I am not aware if this restaurant has any scenic view. The service was prompt & we were bought whatever we ordered for.

1  Thank Zareen15

Hello Zareen
I would like to thank you for visiting us in the New York Steakhouse and for taking time to give feedback on your visit. It is good to hear that you have enjoyed your visit and we appreciate the recognition of the steak and the service received. Thank you once again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the New York Steakhouse soon.