“Great hotel with very good staff..best little pool in the whole of Doha”

Ranked #14 of 136 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I stayed here for a week in Decemeber 2012 and it was a very good expierence. A very modern hotel with excellent facilties. Great breakfast and buffet in the evening good choice and high standards. It has an open air rooftop pool which was great for relaxing with a cold drink and getting some sun. If I had one small fault it would be the location which is very near to the airport and had problems when flagging Taxi's as they all want to charge the Airport surcharge but just a minor issue...on the whole very good.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Savino L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and the Tripadvisor community!

We are really happy receive your positive feedback regarding our swimming pool, restaurant and more importantly the service provided by our people.

Liquidity pool lounge is the little tucked away haven that is perfect for relaxing after a day at work where you can enjoy our refreshing drinks. It is great to know that you had time to explore it.

Please rest assured that we have noted your comments regarding transportation. We currently provide a free shuttle bus service from/to the airport in addition to limousine service to ensure that our guests get the most out of their stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park on your next visit to Doha.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park

Reviewed 13 June 2013

What a great hotel, to be honest I wasnt sure what to expect as this hotel is less than a year old. However the place looks fantastic and the staff are absolutely 1st class, always friendly and very attentive without over bearing. I choose an exec room which includes wifi, breakfast and free bar between 6 and 8 and actually not a bad choice of food. The shower is a rain shower and the bed was just superb. You are less than 10 minutes from the airport, I had an early flight so this was perfect.

One point I should mention, Doha taxis are hard to find so book ahead. I opted for a hotel car which was brand new and not expensive so thats probably the better choice

Room Tip: Exec rooms are a little more expensive but great value
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Savino L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and the Tripadvisor community!

I am very happy to know that your recent stay with us was up to your expectations. We appreciate your positive comments regarding our Club Lounge, Brazilian restaurant and more importantly the service provided by our people.

Occasionally finding a taxi could be a bit of challenge in Doha therefore it is great to know that our limousine services were convenient for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Doha - The business Park.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

All went well at this hotel, although it was one night stay. The receptionist was very cooperative. The rooms are big and well organised. The buffet dinner had many options to eat from. Whenever in Doha on business this is the hotel to chose.

Room Tip: Rooms on the wings have very good natural light.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park.

We are really happy to know that you have enjoyed your brief stay with us. It is great to hear that you found our guestrooms well organized and our Front Desk Agent cooperative.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit to Doha.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

I accompanied my husband on a business trip to Doha and we stayed at the Crowne Plaza. The hotel was located fairly close to the airport but a taxi to the main attractions in town cost the equivalent of a few pounds only. Outside the hotel there was nothing to do. The hotel was clean, staff were friendly and the room we had was large and nicely furnished. We had access to the club lounge which served tasty food and alcoholic drinks in the evening and soft drinks with cake / biscuits throughout the day. The air conditioning in our room did not work but when I reported it, it was fixed within the hour. What I did not like particularly about the hotel was the pool area. It was surrounded by high walls, therefore no view, and it felt very enclosed. The people who were using the pool when I was there were groups of men who were eyeing up groups of women and it was not at all family friendly. I found the hotel very business like (which made sense as we were there on a business trip!) but lacking in any particular atmosphere. I would recommend the hotel for business travellers but certainly not for families and I sadly would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Lounge access via club room was good value.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Savino L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with us and the Tripadvisor community.

Honest feedback such as yours helps us develop our services to better accommodate the preferences of our diverse guests. Your comments have been taken into consideration and shared with the concerned departments.

It is true that our hotel is business oriented however we are constantly looking at ways to help leisure travelers get the most out of their stay with us. The options we provide include kids’ pool, Jacuzzi, spa with an extensive list of treatments conducted by our experienced therapists in addition to entertainment at our restaurants. We shall continue to introduce more options based on the current trends and feedback provided by our guests.

We would be delighted to welcome you and look after your stay at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park should your travels bring you back to Doha.

Savino Leone
Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

This was my second event held in Crowne Plaza Doha and it was better than the first visit. The first visit was a great experience so not sure how I can rate the second one.... Maybe PHENOMENAL!!! The staff is extremely professional and friendly (a great blend). I would always insist my company to host all our Qatar events in Crowne Plaza. As this is reviewed by the GM directly I would like to mention a few staff members who have given me some outstanding service... Such as Lanka, events manager, Anya from Aramede restaurant, Prem Kumar from the restaurant again.
We host a lot of events in the Middle East but I would rate Crowne plaza as one of the best hotel in service and staff. It has a perfect environment for business meetings, conference etc.
The food is just perfect especially when we have a lot of international clients they get to taste some authentic arabic cuisine with great taste. It is located in a very convenient location about 10 - 15 mins from the airport. I highly recommend this hotel for any business travel. As for my experience they just keep getting better with their service.

Room Tip: Not much of difference i noticed. All seems the same.
1  Thank NeharAsmath
Savino L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park and for sharing your feedback with us!

It is humbling to hear that your stay with us was “Phenomenal” and rewarding to know that what helped make your stay successful was the attitude and service provided by our people.

I have shared your comments with our Events Sales Executive; Lanka, our Hostess; Anya, our Restaurant Manager; Prem and the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park on your next visit to Doha.

Reviewed 2 June 2013

I stayed and worked in this hotel on a business trip. I was tutoring a course at this hotel in May. I have stayed in this brand of hotel before but was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the stay here.
The front desk team were very helpful, polite and very welcoming indeed. I was in a king size room which was very clean, well equipped and the welcome fruit and complimentary water was a nice touch.
The bed was very comfortable with aromatherapy oils provided as a roll-on and spray.
Daily newspapers were provided and room service was generally prompt with a follow up phone call to check if the item had been delivered.
I mostly had breakfast and lunch here, there was a lot of choice both continental and local the Manager Prem was on the ball, he seemed to remember what i had for breakfast and was prompt in delievering it.
The bathroom was ample size and and well stocked, however as was previously commented by a reviewer there was tendency for water to pool on the bathroom floor.
In the business centre my event had an identified team member who was responsible for ensuring we had all we needed. It was well catered for with regards tea breaks in accordance with the package bought.
I only had dinner here once during my 4 day stay, it was a fish night and i was not that impressed with it,the fish cooked was very dry however lunch was always good with lots of choice and good quality.
Two negative points; on the one night i had dinner i wanted to take dessert up to my room, they offered to bring it up but it took about an hour which was reportedly due to a large group arriving for dinner. However the manager did apologise profusely and offered restitution.
I was charged for wine from the mini bar after i had been informed that all the drinks in the tea/coffee tray were complimentary but everything in the fridge was not.
The wine was in the tea/coffee tray. They relented after a rather lenghty discussion during check out.
Despite these events i will still rate this hotel highly, the staff could not do enought for you. It made the time away from home comfortable.
I like the fact that if you commend a member of staff to the management the team member was informed about it which must motivate the staff.
I did not pay for this myself so i cannot comment on how expensive or not this place is. Considering it is 5 star in this part of the world then high prices are to be expected i guess.
It is conveniently located about 5 -10mins close the airport.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your detailed feedback with us and the Tripadvisor community!

We truly appreciate that you took the time to praise the service provided by our people as well as our facilities.

I am very happy to know that your course was a success and that you were pleasantly surprised by the quality of our hotel. I have shared your kind comments with our Restaurant Manager, Prem and the team.

I would like to sincerely apologize regarding the minibar issue and the fact that it took time to send the dessert to your room. Your comments have been shared with the concerned departments and corrective actions have been set to avoid encountering such incidents in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

i was a guest of this hotel on may 16 2013 with a colleague.
we arrived at 08.00 pm and we were impressed by the sight of this very nice facilities.
an excellent welcome at the front desk and was given room 455.type of room "deluxe king room no smoking" very nice and functional.
we decided together with my colleague to have a diner at the "rodizio", a brasilian meat specialties restaurant. it has been not a good choice; aquality meat was mediocre,service was very rough,and high price...... next morning, day 17 of may, we went to have our breakfast, we found a great choice of cupourses and higyh quality of food. the surprise was the cost of the breakfast: price reported in the menu menu was 75 qar "continental breakfast". we paid 115 qar, i don't understand the reason for this difference, i believe breackfat eas too expensive .... equivalent to € 23.
painful notes: the shover is placed inside the bathtud and opening the top water goes out of bounds floding the bath floor.
the heater available presented oxidation stains, i think unbecoming verified. better to replace it with another one, clean or new.
the hallway carpets especially in front of the elevators was very dirty since a couple of week. they charge a good price € 127 in comparison to a 5 stars hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Savino L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2013

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking time to share your detailed feedback with us regarding your recent stay in May 2013.

Firstly, we appreciate your positive feedback regarding your check-in experience.

Secondly, it is deeply disappointing to know that your dining experience was not up to your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies and rest assured that your comments have been taken into consideration and shared with the concerned departments in order to help our guests get the most out of their stay with us.We have also noted your comments regarding the guestroom bathtub and necessary action will be taken accordingly.

I would like to apologize once again for the inconvenience you have experienced, please feel free to contact me directly in case you would like to discuss this matter further on email address: savino.leone@ihg.com.

We hope to welcome you back to Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park on your next visit to Doha.