“Best choice for business”

Ranked #13 of 140 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I stayed few times at this hotel on business trips. As an overall experience is great and I will go again. You always get an upgrade if you are an IHG member, as usual. The service is excellent and the staff is very friendly, actually they go out of their way to help you, always with a smile. The restaurants are very good, especially the Brazilian one which now has live music too, 3 ladies from Cuba entertain the guests with their amazing voices.
Although everything looks perfect a minor issues exists in the bath tabs of this hotel, if you decide to take a shower in the bath tab then you are in a big trouble because the whole bathroom will flood after a while and make it unusable until housekeeping sends someone to clean it up. The problem is that the bath tabs are not leveled properly and the excess water is running on the floor, I have reported this to the management of the hotel about a year ago during my first stay but they did nothing. My solution is use a lot of towels to prevent the water going on the floor or better do not shower in the bath tab.

Room Tip: All rooms are great inside. Ask for room with a shower. No point to ask for a room with a view since...
1  Thank a-goulis
Savino L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park.

I am delighted to know that as a regular guest you consider our hotel as “the best choice for business”. We truly appreciate the fact that you took time to praise our facilities, entertainment options and more importantly the service provided by our people.

Your comment regarding your shower experience has been taken into consideration and we are currently working on a solution to ensure an enjoyable stay for our guests. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience you have experienced.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit to Doha.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

This a great hotel in convenient location in Doha. The service was fabulous and the hotel is furnished to a high standard. The rate is quite reasonable too.

The hotel has a bar (unlike others) but please be aware the prices will come as a shock to many.

The hotel staff were extremely friendly and professional.

The only issue is the bath/shower combo was poor designed, so it had a tendency to flood the room a little.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and the Tripadvisor community!

We are delighted to receive an overall rating of 5/5 and appreciate your wonderful comments regarding our facilities and the friendliness of our people.

Your feedback regarding the guestroom bathtub has been taken into consideration and we are currently working on a solution that will ensure an enjoyable stay for our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a few nights on a business trip, overall it is a great hotel, service is average, the employees are very friendly and welcoming.

Because I am a Gold member of the IHG club they upgraded my room to a suite at no extra charge which was a very nice gesture, the suite is spacious and very nice.

I think the waiters need more training, I had breakfast daily in the restaurant and a customer asked the waiter which butter is the regular butter from the 2 choices, the waiter didn't know the answer and was looking around for any other waiter to get an answer and save his face, it happened that I was behind that customer and I answered his question.

Another incident happened that there was no one at the omelet station and I asked the waiter to call for the person in charge (after waiting for exactly 3 minutes), the waiter went to his friends the other waiters and just stood their chatting and laughing, I left the station and went to him and asked him why he didn't call anyone since I asked to do so? he just mumbled and didn't answer, he said he will go now..... I didn't have breakfast that day...

When I checked in I noticed their is no soap nor shampoo in the toilette, as I went down I asked the reception to send soap and shampoo to the room, when I came back I found a dozen small bottles of everything and half a dozen of soaps.

I am not sure if it was just out of generosity (I am sure I will not use all of that in 4 days) or just that the housekeeper have been given a warning from his/her boss about it.

The other thing I noticed is the inconsistency when arranging the room; they forget certain towels one day, they arranged the bed differently everyday and so, I have no problem with those things as long as the room was clean.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am happy to know that you enjoyed our suites and more importantly the service provided by our people.

Your comments regarding the service at our main restaurant, guestroom amenities and Housekeeping services have been addressed with the concerned departments in order to avoid such incidents in the future. Please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

The hotel ptrovides a nice secluded place for relaxation in a reasonably close proximity to the airport.
The bar next to the swimming pool on the 7th floor provides an added comfort zone.
The best revue i left it to the breakfast buffet and its staff. The mini pizza chef, Hassan, is attentive to your needs if you prefer crispier or not so crispy pizzas. Everyone should taste these delicacies some made with cheese others with meat and others with zaatar. I saw many customers coming back for seconds and beyond, as soon as they come from the oven, and Hassan was happy to oblige. His hands were in the oven the whole time, the poor guy. You could practically have a full breakfast feasting on these delicacies. Do not forget to get once there.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and other travelers here on Tripadvisor.

It is delightful to hear that you found our hotel to be “a nice secluded place for relaxation” as we like to think of it as a place where our guests find the restoration and energy they need to continue their journey of success.

Your feedback regarding the mini pizzas prepared by our talented chef, Hassan is truly rewarding as it shows that our staff behind the scenes are noticed for their efforts. I have gladly shared your comments with the team.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

I live in Doha so I didn't stay for the night. I was actually there for a conference. Food was amazing and the service was quick, friendly staff, very nice architecture. Would definitely visit again. Keep it up

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Savino L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback following your recent visit to Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park.

We really appreciate positive feedback from Qatar residents such as yourself and it is great to know that you will definitely visit us again.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to our hotel.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Business trip to Doha.
Don´t think I need to write other than I can confirm all the other positive references made by other visitors.
Noted is the personal that makes the whole difference in a good hotel.
Well done.

Room Tip: The suite is fantastic
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Savino L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and the Tripadvisor community!

It is an absolute pleasure to know that our staff made all the difference during your recent stay with us.

Encouraging comments such as yours keep us motivated to create an enjoyable stay for our guests.

Crowne Plaza Doha - The business Park

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Stayed free of charge as a potential corporate client. Hotel is nice and well equipped however...

Room service appalling - every meal I rceived had something wrong with it from undercooked salmon to missing items and just simply getting the order wrong.

Also leak in bathroom as I had unpacked I couldnt be bothered to change rooms but was stunned that room service didnt spot the massive puddle being formed in my bathroom every day....

Will notbe staying there again and they will not receive the contract for corporate business.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park.

It is very disappointed to know that your stay at our hotel was not up to your expectations. Please rest assured that your comments have been addressed with the concerned departments to meet and exceed the expectations of our guests.

I would be happy to discuss this matter with you personally in case your time permits. Please feel free to contact me directly on email address: savino.leone@ihg.com or phone number +974 44087777.

Crowne Plaza Doha - The business Park