“Cost value hotel”

Ranked #14 of 134 Hotels in Doha
“Cost value hotel”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

The services offered are in line with the IHG standard and adeguate to the rate.
The hotel rooms are very confortable. There is a negative exeception in the bathroom regarding the architectura solution for the shower/bath. Indeed the floor can be easily flood.
The furniture in the rooms are new.
The food offered by the restaurant inside is high quality.
Rodizio is a Brasilian churrasco rest, where is possible to eat for around 380QAR a full dinner with a good selection of wine.
In the Aramede is offered every night an international buffet for 250QAR w/o beverage (a beer has a cost of 50QAR, wine not less than 75QAR). On wednesday is possible to have a fish market buffet.
The Hotel is located in the Doha center, where close to the Doha Business area and airport.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Savino L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback following your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park!

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed our guestrooms and outlets.

Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I have been staying in Crowne Plaza, Doha since last few months. I would like to give Big Thanks to Mr Prem for his warm hospitality. Our breakfast starts in Armada restaurant with greetings from him. By now he knows our taste and choice and that gives us good amount of comfort.

Yogesh Anikhindi

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park!

We truly appreciate your fantastic feedback regarding our Restaurant Manager, Prem. I have gladly shared your comments with him and the team.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

I took a superior room, it's not massive but it's very comfortable. This hotel has a rarity amongst hotels, clear tv channels worth watching!

It's a great place near the airport and the area known as bank street. Highly recommended for business travellers.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback and for an overall rating of 5/5!

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed our TV channels selection and the comfort of our guestrooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2013

It's a nice hotel, well up to the standard that you learn to expect from this class of hotel in the Middle East and Asia. As mentioned elsewhere, it's main attraction in terms of location is that it is close to the airport (five/ten minutes by taxi) and has a business meeting centre attached; Doha is not a particularly attractive city, so if you're looking for a view, pick a hotel on the Corniche like the Sheraton.

It has a very nice roof top pool which is not too crowded, along with a good fitness centre. I only used the coffee shop for breakfast, which was fine - my only comment (which seems ludicrously petty when writing it) is that all of the cereals on display were massively sweet, including the muesli which was so sugary that I couldn't eat it. Room service meals are massive - worth remembering because the kitchen does a pretty good sales job but a soup and salad were plenty for me.

The room was well set up and organised (I was upgraded to an executive room); unfortunately, the air conditioning was either off or freezing when on, so I spent most of my time in the room wearing a sweatshirt. And the shower was lukewarm all five days that I spent there.

All in all, a good experience although if I had a choice, I'd probably stay down on the Corniche next time.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and the travel community here on Tripadvisor!

We truly appreciate your positive feedback regarding our swimming pool and room service.

Rest assured that your comments regarding the A/C temperature, shower temperature and cereals have been addressed with the concerned departments to ensure an enjoyable and successful stay for our guests.

We consistently strive to offer our guests a seamless service that will help them get the most out of their stay therefore no detail is too small, thank you once again for your valuable feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park whenever your travels bring you to Doha.

Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

I booked an overnight stay for my birthday in this hotel. We came around 2:30pm, 30 minutes after the check in time. Knowing that we had reservation, I thought that the room is already available. The receptionist told me that it is not yet prepared, and she cannot give me another room since "maybe" they are preparing something special for my birthday. I waited for another 30 minutes, still not prepared. After one hour of long waiting, we finally went into our room. NOTHING special was prepared. I did not ask for anything to prepare for my birthday or something but the receptionist was the one telling. I mean, she should have told the truth, whatever the reason was, not some excuses that they were preparing something special. She was really nice, but I was pissed. I wasted more than one hour waiting, and I booked prior to coming. Well, our stay was okay, you have many things to do around the hotel. The room is modern, the staff are nice, food is okay. Enjoyed our stay at liquidity lounge. The overall experience was good, except for the check-in thing.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kimberly C
Savino L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback following your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park.

It is truly disappointing to hear that your check-in experience was not up to your expectations. Please accept my sincere apology regarding the inconvenience caused.

Rest assured that your comments have been shared with the concerned departments and necessary actions have been taken to avoid such incidents in the future.

In case you would like to discuss the matter further, please feel free to contact me directly on email address: savino.leone@ihg.com or phone number +974 4408 7777.

I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We had spent a pleasant couple of days in Doha and arrived at the airport ready to return home, only to find that we had been bumped from our flight with Qatar Airways. I have subsequently learnt that this happens a lot with Qatar Airways. The hotel they put we poor rejected passengers up in is the Crowne Plaza Doha. We arrived very late at night and were ushered into a "special check-in room" away from the main reception desk. The room was half full already and the desk at the front had a pile of room keys 4cm high, so they were obviously expecting many more rejects that night. The staff were very kind and helped with our luggage even though we had no money for tips. Our room was modest in size but with good facilities and very clean. The queen size bed was hard. The room looked out onto office blocks and a construction site. Breakfast was reasonable with a nice range of food. This hotel is in a business park, with no shops nearby. We decided to while away our day at the rooftop pool. This was a wonderful surprise. The pool was large, with plenty of deck chairs and loungers around. We spent several hours swimming and snoozing and enjoying the warm sunlight. There were plenty of staff working around the pool, but the service was haphazard. They forgot our lunch order, but drinks were delivered promptly. Dinner in the restaurant was disappointing. We chose the buffet option. Although there was a lot of food on offer, it was largely dry and unappealing. On the other hand, freshly caught fish was displayed, with the opportunity to have the fish filleted and cooked on the spot. The staff were very friendly and very willing to advise on choices. There was a notice outside the restaurant stating that due to an Islamic holy day, no alcohol would be served in the hotel for twenty-four hours. This is a reasonable hotel and is probably well located for business travellers.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SRBassett
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and the Tripadvisor community.

I am happy to know that in spite of an unfortunate incident with your scheduled flight you were able to enjoy your stay with us.

We really appreciate your positive comments regarding the service provided by our staff however I apologize for the inconvenience experienced at our pool lounge; Liquidity.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park.

Braintree, Essex
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I stayed few times at this hotel on business trips. As an overall experience is great and I will go again. You always get an upgrade if you are an IHG member, as usual. The service is excellent and the staff is very friendly, actually they go out of their way to help you, always with a smile. The restaurants are very good, especially the Brazilian one which now has live music too, 3 ladies from Cuba entertain the guests with their amazing voices.
Although everything looks perfect a minor issues exists in the bath tabs of this hotel, if you decide to take a shower in the bath tab then you are in a big trouble because the whole bathroom will flood after a while and make it unusable until housekeeping sends someone to clean it up. The problem is that the bath tabs are not leveled properly and the excess water is running on the floor, I have reported this to the management of the hotel about a year ago during my first stay but they did nothing. My solution is use a lot of towels to prevent the water going on the floor or better do not shower in the bath tab.

Room Tip: All rooms are great inside. Ask for room with a shower. No point to ask for a room with a view since...