“My stay at the Crowne”

Ranked #14 of 140 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I have been at the CP Doha for approximately 9 months as a long-term guest, and what I most appreciate is the fact that they make me feel like family. From Prem, Tom, Anya and the rest of the great restaurant staff, to Vish, Elizabeth, Michelle and the rest of the front desk crew, to Reehan and the bell hops, the drivers, and the cleaning crew, all are courteous and professional and make me feel I am at my own home. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying for a night or a year.

Kind regards,

Lance Vigil

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Lance V
Savino L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear Mr. Lance,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor and for an overall rating of 5/5!

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your long stay with us and you felt like being part of the Family.
I would like to thank you for recognizing our great team members. It is very well appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed at the hotel for business. Overall the stay was fantastic, staff were very welcoming, the rooms were clean and spacious. Even food in the hotel was of a high standard. Spa is fantastic ..but ...Swimming pool along with pool bar is big joke. Very unprofessional waitress,not bother to assist at all. We waited in 3 days,3times ,only for salad 45 min to be served each day,and on top of that instead of apologize we got lecture from Pilipino lady how kitchen is far and so many other details.Pool Overcrowded with QA cabin crew,who are not hotel guests, so u as guest will not find available sun beds and after long working day will be disturbed with bunch of people without manners.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mrs Visnja,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor and for an overall rating of 4/5!

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I would like to thank you for recognizing our Team members for being welcoming, the cleanliness and space of the guest rooms, the good quality of food as well as the Spa facilities.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience which you received at the Pool and please rest assured that I have addressed the matter with the concerned department to ensure that this situation will not occur again.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights in a standard room. It is a brand new hotel and you could still smell the renovation in the room. The rooms are very big (which is nice) and feature large floor to ceiling windows. The rooms are equipped with Wifi (good speed), flatscreen TV, large, comfortable beds, in-room safe, ironing board/iron and a minibar. The bathroom is quite spacious as well. The only annoying thing was the drainage. Somehow the design resulted in a flooded bathroom after each shower. They should really fix this. The guest service is also not the best. I asked for some laundry pickup and waited for half an hour. When I called again the lady told me that she had forgotten my room number and therefore couldn't serve me. The other time I asked for some information from guest service, it seemed like the guy really didn't like to work there.

They have a good breakfast buffet and cafe with friendly staff, who take good care of their guests, which makes it a pleasant experience.

Check-in/out is also quite efficient. The hotel also provides airport transport.

The location of the hotel is a bit off. There is nothing around the hotel (no restaurants, shopping, etc.). You have to take a taxi to take you there.

Nevertheless, I would definitely return to this hotel for my next visit to Qatar.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us especially the comfort of the room, the wifi and the bathroom space.

I would like to thank you for your constructive feedback regarding the service received by the Guest Service department. Please accept my apology and rest assured that I have already informed the department concerned to look at this matter.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed at CP Doha for 2 nights on business in June.
Check in was courteous and very smooth. Room was comfortable and quiet. Everything worked - cold water was cold and hot water hot; AC was quiet and did not blow me out of the room. Sleeping experience on hotel bed could not be improved, even if CP would've tried.
Breakfast buffet on both days was sumptuous and quite delightful.
Intercontinental buffet on night 1 was was well prepared and service slick without being overwhelming. I didn't care for the seafood buffet on night 2 and was recommended to the "carvery" restaurant. The meat was delicious and was brought to my table on a continuous basis. Unfortunately, side dishes had been brought only once and were cold and tasteless. At the end of the evening I had to wait endlessly for the table to be cleared. Compared to the previous evening's buffet, this had been Twice the Price at half the value and half the service.
On discussing my experience with management next morning at check out, I was duly impressed in the way that both the F&B Manager and General Manager handled my comments.
I would gladly return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Savino L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear Mr. Segross,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your feedback with us and for an overall rating of 4/5!

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I would like to thank you for your positive feedback about the comfort of the room, as well as the positive comments on the breakfast buffet.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

As I only spent one night - and as this was my first visit - I will hold judgment for the moment. However the overall experience was not one of my better hotel visits. Lobby is spacious and check-in was friendly and efficient. Hotel design is however 'interesting' but in a way that seems more for an architect than a guest. Corridors to rooms are a little gloomy. Room itself was good in one way as I was upgraded top a one bedroom suite. However the bedroom itself was small - and was perhaps over-furnished. Wardrobe space very limited, not helped by having a large portion occupied by an ironing board. Large bathroom. Apart from that there were problems with the air-conditioning and then with F&B. Management was however very responsive and I am sure that had my stay been longer, everything would have been better.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Rory,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

It is truly disappointing to know that your stay with us did not meet your expectations, please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience you experienced.

I would be happy to discuss this matter further in case your time allows, kindly contact me on email address: savino.leone@ihg.com or phone number: +974 4408 7777.

I sincerely hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back to Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I visited my husband and stayed at crowne plaza hotel for three months unfortunately the extended stay apartments are all booked so we stayed on the regular room for two months. I would recommend the long term apartment if your staying a month or so since it's fully furnished and spacious. The staff are very friendly especially in the dining area Aramede. When I fell ill the staff are so supportive and even ask if I need a special diet. They really warm my heart with their care when I need it most especially Jonalyn I felt she went above and beyond assisting me.
Just a thought it would be nice to add a market place. Overall I will stay here again thumps up..

Room Tip: Definitely take the apartment for long stay it's roomy and cheaper.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Savino L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your feedback with us.

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We appreciate your positive comments on the service staff.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

good location, good amenities, small exec lounge. The hotel has great restaurants but the rooms are just ok. I would have expected better for thr high price tag. If you wanna enjoy the brazilian restaurant with the most amazing service i have found in Doha yey (service is pretty poor over here) then stay here! The outdoor shisha lounge is a waste of time the service is really pathetic.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Savino L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Rashid,

Thank you for for sharing your feedback with us.