“A comfortable, no nonsense Business hotel”

Ranked #14 of 140 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Location
About 20-30 minutes from the airport by Taxi. It cost me 50 QAR. Pretty centrally located in Doha.

Reservation process
My reservation was in order. There were several people checking in at the time I came in, a staff member had my details ready and escorted me to my room without having to wait. This was a nice touch.

However! What I did not appreciate is that hardly had I set foot in the room and the upselling started. Turns out the booking I made did not include breakfast. They wanted me to cough up another 200 QAR per night for Executive Club Lounge access with breakfast etc. She said that breakfast alone costs 115 QAR ($32 US) and if I get the upgrade then I get to use the Lounge etc. Personally, I feel $32 for breakfast is already a rip off and the Crowne Plaza did not want to stop there but go even further. Left a bad taste.

Room
Comfortable, modern design, plenty of electrical outlets at good locations. Very tastefully decorated. Very spacious. Top marks for the room. Bathrooms was mostly very nice with a good set of accesories.

One major drawback in the bathroom. See picture attached. The bath tub cum shower arrangement left a lot to be desired. The Tub is a bit raised and there is space around the tub that fills up with water. In just a short 5 minute shower that I took, this space fills up with water and there is no way to avoid this. Creates a messy clean up job for the staff. Very, very poor design and lack of planning. Unimpressed.

WiFi internet
Was given a username and password upon checkin. This works on upto 4 devices. This worked like a charm on both my laptop and smartphone. In short the internet at the Crowne Plaza Doha rocks! I was even able to make international calls using the VOIP App that I have installed on my Smartphone. Well done.

Fitness Center
One of the best equipped fitness centers that I have visited in a while. More equipment than I know what to do with. Top notch, state of the art TechnoGym equipment. Very well done indeed!

Customer Service
I needed to request late check out and one evening I tried to reach the Front Desk at about 10:30 pm. I got the Operator who promptly said he would transfer me. The phone kept ringing and ringing and ringing and I let it ring for 5 whole minutes (how do I know? Well, there is a display on the phone that displays the call duration). There was no answer. I figured I will call in the morning and sort it out. I did send out a Tweet that the Crowne Plaza did not bother to answer my call. I got a call from the Front Desk at 11:30 pm that woke me up. Apparently their Twitter site monitoring is good and they had got word. They did offer me the free late checkout that I requested.

The next day I was in the middle of checking out. The Manager appears magically out of nowhere and brings up the issue that I had faced. He assured me that the matter has been addressed and apologized for the inconvenience. I even got an email from him after I had left. Very well handled and it restores my faith that people take customer service seriously.

Overall
Good location, comfortable room, great internet, great fitness center and management that cares. I hope to get a chance to be able to return to Doha for business and stay at the Crowne Plaza.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Savino L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor and for an overall rating of 4/5!

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We would like to thank you for your constructive feedback. We are delighted to read that you liked the space and the comfort of the room, the speed of the internet, the great fitness center as well as the people care.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Nobody perfect! but I found during my business trip from 23-25 June 2014 in this hotel all staff I met in different section trying their level best to satisfy the guests. To start with, Mohammad Saleem from Reservation: He helped me in utilizing the Entertainer voucher (buy one night and get one complimentary night). Secondly, I reserved a rental car in Hamad International Airport using one of my partner's MasterCard and the car agent refused to proceed since I am not the card holder. A guy from the hotel offered me a ride by shuttle bus belong to the hotel and the driver told that this service is available every hour in 24 from the airport to hotel and vice versa for free (WOW!). Thirdly, the receptionist in the front desk allowed very early check in with no extra charges. Thirdly, a rental car is arranged for me in a short notice using my partner's MasterCard with a reasonable rate by the concierge service officer. Fourthly, Milanie from housekeeping provided me with special power adaptor and took my observations about the bathroom in serious consideration. Fifth, one of my meeting has been canceled. Therefore, I got a chance to spend more time in the Gym. Nakita Van Huyssteen (South Africa), the Recreation Manager has given some exercise to get rid of the buttocks. She was amazing!! I never met a professional trainer like her before. I will not forget also Gabriel and the new guy Sahan in the Gym, they were very helpful. Finally, My return flight was 19:35 hrs. Mr Omar Ahmed, the Front Office Supervisor allowed me to stay in the room till 17:00 hrs. Like George Clooney said about Nespresso: What else you need!! I say: What more services you required!!

Room Tip: Flexibility in Check in and Check out, Free transportation from/to Airport and professional trainer...
1  Thank Ebrahim A

Dear Mr. Ebrahim,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your feedback with us and for an overall rating of 4/5!

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I would like to thank you for recognizing the excellent service of our Team members. It is very well appreciated by them and makes feel very proud.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I have been at the CP Doha for approximately 9 months as a long-term guest, and what I most appreciate is the fact that they make me feel like family. From Prem, Tom, Anya and the rest of the great restaurant staff, to Vish, Elizabeth, Michelle and the rest of the front desk crew, to Reehan and the bell hops, the drivers, and the cleaning crew, all are courteous and professional and make me feel I am at my own home. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying for a night or a year.

Kind regards,

Lance Vigil

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Lance V

Dear Mr. Lance,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor and for an overall rating of 5/5!

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your long stay with us and you felt like being part of the Family.
I would like to thank you for recognizing our great team members. It is very well appreciated.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed at the hotel for business. Overall the stay was fantastic, staff were very welcoming, the rooms were clean and spacious. Even food in the hotel was of a high standard. Spa is fantastic ..but ...Swimming pool along with pool bar is big joke. Very unprofessional waitress,not bother to assist at all. We waited in 3 days,3times ,only for salad 45 min to be served each day,and on top of that instead of apologize we got lecture from Pilipino lady how kitchen is far and so many other details.Pool Overcrowded with QA cabin crew,who are not hotel guests, so u as guest will not find available sun beds and after long working day will be disturbed with bunch of people without manners.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mrs Visnja,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I would like to thank you for recognizing our Team members for being welcoming, the cleanliness and space of the guest rooms, the good quality of food as well as the Spa facilities.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience which you received at the Pool and please rest assured that I have addressed the matter with the concerned department to ensure that this situation will not occur again.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights in a standard room. It is a brand new hotel and you could still smell the renovation in the room. The rooms are very big (which is nice) and feature large floor to ceiling windows. The rooms are equipped with Wifi (good speed), flatscreen TV, large, comfortable beds, in-room safe, ironing board/iron and a minibar. The bathroom is quite spacious as well. The only annoying thing was the drainage. Somehow the design resulted in a flooded bathroom after each shower. They should really fix this. The guest service is also not the best. I asked for some laundry pickup and waited for half an hour. When I called again the lady told me that she had forgotten my room number and therefore couldn't serve me. The other time I asked for some information from guest service, it seemed like the guy really didn't like to work there.

They have a good breakfast buffet and cafe with friendly staff, who take good care of their guests, which makes it a pleasant experience.

Check-in/out is also quite efficient. The hotel also provides airport transport.

The location of the hotel is a bit off. There is nothing around the hotel (no restaurants, shopping, etc.). You have to take a taxi to take you there.

Nevertheless, I would definitely return to this hotel for my next visit to Qatar.

Dear Guest,

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us especially the comfort of the room, the wifi and the bathroom space.

I would like to thank you for your constructive feedback regarding the service received by the Guest Service department. Please accept my apology and rest assured that I have already informed the department concerned to look at this matter.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed at CP Doha for 2 nights on business in June.
Check in was courteous and very smooth. Room was comfortable and quiet. Everything worked - cold water was cold and hot water hot; AC was quiet and did not blow me out of the room. Sleeping experience on hotel bed could not be improved, even if CP would've tried.
Breakfast buffet on both days was sumptuous and quite delightful.
Intercontinental buffet on night 1 was was well prepared and service slick without being overwhelming. I didn't care for the seafood buffet on night 2 and was recommended to the "carvery" restaurant. The meat was delicious and was brought to my table on a continuous basis. Unfortunately, side dishes had been brought only once and were cold and tasteless. At the end of the evening I had to wait endlessly for the table to be cleared. Compared to the previous evening's buffet, this had been Twice the Price at half the value and half the service.
On discussing my experience with management next morning at check out, I was duly impressed in the way that both the F&B Manager and General Manager handled my comments.
I would gladly return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Savino L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear Mr. Segross,

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I would like to thank you for your positive feedback about the comfort of the room, as well as the positive comments on the breakfast buffet.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

As I only spent one night - and as this was my first visit - I will hold judgment for the moment. However the overall experience was not one of my better hotel visits. Lobby is spacious and check-in was friendly and efficient. Hotel design is however 'interesting' but in a way that seems more for an architect than a guest. Corridors to rooms are a little gloomy. Room itself was good in one way as I was upgraded top a one bedroom suite. However the bedroom itself was small - and was perhaps over-furnished. Wardrobe space very limited, not helped by having a large portion occupied by an ironing board. Large bathroom. Apart from that there were problems with the air-conditioning and then with F&B. Management was however very responsive and I am sure that had my stay been longer, everything would have been better.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Rory,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

It is truly disappointing to know that your stay with us did not meet your expectations, please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience you experienced.

I would be happy to discuss this matter further in case your time allows, kindly contact me on email address: savino.leone@ihg.com or phone number: +974 4408 7777.

I sincerely hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back to Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park.