“A perfect hotel”
Review of The Torch Doha

The Torch Doha
Ranked #27 of 140 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks, it was fantastic hotel with excellent location adjacent to the villagio mall with very attractive and fabulous lobby which every one will like. Staff all are wonderful and very helpful and always smiling. rooms ar very quiet and large enough to give maximum comfort with master control by the iPad for all room fascilities including lights, TV, curtains , A/C. Bathroom large and comfortable with excellent amenities. Buffet at the flynig carpet superb for all meals and contain many varieties so that everyone will find mayn things to eat. The only small defect which I found is the small swimming pool, but its location at 19th floor make it marvelous. Really it is a perfect hotel and you donot feel bored even with long stay. I advise it for everyone whatever the purpose of visit to Qatar.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank NAF62
Claudia O, Public Relations Manager at The Torch Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback.

We are glad that to hear that our location close to Villaggio mall, our staff service and food quality was to your liking.

Your honest review and constructive comments are very much appreciated.

Looking forward to welcoming you again to THE TORCH DOHA.

Best Regards.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

My husband & I recently stayed at the Doha Torch hotel. Architecturally it is a very unusual shape as it is shaped like a torch. The rooms are comfortable and you can control many things in the room e.g. the lighting colour, the T.V. the curtains, room service all from the in room ipad. I think a man must have had an input to the décor of the rooms because a woman would ensure there would of been a mirror. I found it very difficult to do my hair because the hairdryer they supplied was a typical useless hotel dryer which made it impossible to do my hair. Of course there are no plug sockets in the bathroom to plug my own hair dryer or heated rollers in so I had to ask reception if they could help me. They were very obliging and sent me up a full length mirror, but then I had the problem of finding plug sockets in the room and the only one I could find was behind the chair apart from 2 that were situated on top of the desk. The location of the hotel is perfect and next door was a huge shopping mall the Villagio with a walk way to cross to it undercover to protect you from the sun. The pool area is not very big it is on the 19th floor, although small, it was a lovely pool, and because you were so high up you got a nice welcome breeze. I found the sun loungers very uncomfortable as you could not adjust them to lay down. The staff are extremely helpful and we had a very enjoyable stay. One thing I did find strange was in the room there are pictures on the wall of sporting people which is fine, but as it is a Muslim country, I did find it strange that in the direction of Mecca, which is the way people pray, you would be facing a picture, which is not really acceptable in Islam I believe. On the whole, this is a hotel not to be missed. It is unusual, but fab and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JanWignall
Claudia O, Public Relations Manager at The Torch Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback.

We are glad that to hear that our location close to Villaggio mall, our service and the pool area were to your liking.

As complete guest satisfaction is our goal we would like to assure you that we continue to work on the other aspects that you pointed out to be unsatisfactory to you.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel many times. It is my favorite place to invite my friends forbreakfast, lunch or dinner at flying carpet restaurant.. I always enjoy my Moroccan tea in the cafe by the reception or in m1 floor . The swimming pool is in a wonderful place on the 19 floor where you can enjoy a beautiful view of Doha city. The tea garden is an excellent place to enjoy late brunch or afternoon tea . The 360 restaurant is a rotating restaurant with an unnoticiable motion it goes round and round and you'll enjoy the beautiful view from the top of the torch hotel. Rooms option is excellent . I love the double room option because I enjoy changing the room colour you can control that by the IPad provided in the room . Ac ,curtains lighting , tv , meals ordering and room colour are all controlled by the iPad . I also tried the suit room once ,it was very good but I would prefer the double bedroom option to be able to change the room color cause it is not available in the suit . It is connect to the biggest mall in Qatar the Villagio Mall by a corridor .

Room Tip: Double bedroom are the best
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maryam A

Dear Mrs. Maryam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback.

We are glad that to hear that room facilities, dining options and location close to Villaggio mall were to your liking.

Your honest review is very much appreciated.

Looking forward to welcoming you and your friends back to THE TORCH DOHA.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

This has to be one of the best hotels I've sated at recently. The I pad controlled room is superb, you could spend hours playing around with the lighting, the concept of one controller for everything is really good, and the online news papers are a brilliant idea too, location is nice, right next the Villiago mall, but a bit far from downtown. The cantilevered pool is spectacular, if not a little bit small for the size of the hotel, breakfast was very good with a large selection on offer, My only complain was when i went for a drink at the bar on the 21st floor, I went at 2300, but was refused service after being told the bar was closing, despite the closing time being 00:00 hours.
Good friendly reception staff, but not so good bar staff

Room Tip: close the curtains at night, your room is reflected on the outer skin of the tower, and can be seen...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback.

We are glad that to hear that our location close to Villaggio mall, our room facilties and dining options were to your liking.

As complete guest satisfaction is our goal we would like to assure you that we continue to work on the aspects that you pointed out to be unsatisfactory to you.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Just stayed her as our son was swimming in the Saudi Nationals at the Hamad Aquatic Centre. Location for Aspire facilities is great and the hotel is wonderfully presented. The rooms are all operated via an iPad - curtains, lights, TV, etc etc...the kids took charge and kept us organized! The breakfast is great - super choice of items. Nice speedy check in and check out, great views from the pool. Only downside - no alcohol as it sits in the Aspire zone where alcohol is not allowed.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Stuart_Birkwood

Dear Mr. Birkwood,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback.

We are glad that to hear that our location, room facilties and dining options were to your liking.

Your honest review and constructive comments are very much appreciated.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to THE TORCH DOHA.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Where do I begin?!!! This hotel exceeded my expectations (which are very high)! The staff were all welcoming and professional. The room was clean and not a single dusty spot was found! Location is unbeatable as it is the joint between the Villagio mall (direct tunnel from hotel) and the largest park in the country - Aspire park (walking distance).

Complimentary breakfast Daily was amazing at the flying carpet restaurant.

And for the tech geeks out there, THE WHOLE ROOM IS CONTROLLED BY AN IPAD!!!!

I will definitely be staying here again for a random weekend stay or any reason! :)

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback.

We are glad that to hear that our location close to Villaggio mall and to Aspire Park, our room facilities and dining options were to your liking.

It is indeed rewarding to find out that we exceeded your expectations.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

The building is quite nice from the outside, the interior is good but not that impressive. I booked a junior suite, it was quite nice, with the mood lighting and the iPad controls; however, there is some feeling that is missing. I requested laundry service and they came to collect my clothes after one hour. Overall service is not the exceptional, although not bad. Breakfast was too simple for a luxury hotel.

Also, it is far away from the centre of Doha, but depends on the purpose it could be an okay location, not for me though. The location next to the big shopping centre is definitely a plus.

Although it is overall not a bad hotel, but not for me. The luxury feeling or the feeling of comfort was not there, and I believe with a little bit more focus on details they will be great.

Room Tip: I tried the junior suite, it is expensive for what you get, could be good for a big group.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Claudia O, Public Relations Manager at The Torch Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Sir / Madam,

Greetings from The Torch Doha.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback.

We are glad that to hear that our location close to Villaggio mall was to your liking.