“A class above”
Review of Retaj Royale Doha

Retaj Royale Doha
Ranked #47 of 138 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed 24 September 2013

This hotel is a class above others in all departments when considering value for money.From check-in to check-out the staff are friendly,attentive and efficient and Mr. Sadeq, the manager, leads his team by his own very high standards of hospitality and professionalism. Excellent rooms and suites match the facilities and restaurant. Ample parking spaces for easy access. I will not hesitate to book this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
AKhorshed, General Manager at Retaj Royale Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Greetings from Retaj Royale Doha…

First let me thank you for choosing our Hotel while recently visiting Doha and for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are extremely grateful to have received the feedback about your stay. I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us,We have highlighted all the areas which need improvement.

Guests comfort and satisfaction is our first priority and we will endeavor to always make your stays as enjoyable as possible.

Please do not hesitate to call on me or any of the Management Team Members, it will be our pleasure to be of any kind of assistance.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Excellent location 10 minutes from the airport and 5 by taxi to the popular Suq el Waqif, the hotel is quiet, welcoming, pleasant and warm. The suite was simply superb, huge, but not empty, with a very comfortable bed, bathrooms etc. although lighting a little confusing.
Buffet breakfast was fine, service great and all in all a near perfect stay. Could not recommend this hotel more highly for the money.

Room Tip: Ideally on the upper floors, bay views a little obscured by other buildings, you can still see acros...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
AKhorshed, General Manager at Retaj Royale Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Reviewed 11 September 2013

We, a couple with a 3 and half year old child, have spent a couple of nights (not consecutive).

The hotel is very close to the airport (taxi raid in daylight was around 25 ryials) and a short walk from the Islamic Museum which is worth a visit also because is free.

The check in of the first night was a bit slow because of a misunderstanding on the nights (due to the arrival time around the change of the day). This was compensated by an upgrade to the suite room 808.

Overall, for us, a very good hotel. Rooms are huge and bed very comfortables. A bit tricky to understand the functioning of the lights but nothing other than that. Free wifi in common areas.
Breakfast very rich and varied.

This was the best quality/price ratio we have found in expensive Doha, in terms of lodgings. So for us a very good stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Very comfortable, good location close to airport and bay. If you are doing a layover in Doha this is a good hotel to stay at. Wouldn't mind spending a few days here. Bring sunblock as its Hot - above 34deg in September!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
AKhorshed, General Manager at Retaj Royale Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Reviewed 24 August 2013

I stayed here during Ramadan for about 10 days.
Location is good, it is near to airport and also the Souq Waqif.

Staff are very friendly and helpful.

Rooms are really large.

Nice indoor pool and gym area.

Personally I thought the breakfast was ok - a good selection but after a few days it got a little tired. We also had an evening meal there which again was just ok. I only ate in the buffet so didn't try all of their restaurants.

I would very happily stay in this hotel again but I do think it could do with some improvements.
Wifi was expensive in your room. It's free in the public areas but if you want it in your room I think it is expensive. Since I was there for business I needed it in my room.

Also the lights in the room. The lights were controlled by a main panel in the room along with everything else (air con, power, do not disturb etc) however it was not a simple task to have one bedside light left on that you switched off from your bed. It's a small petty thing but just annoying.

Overall though, this is a very good hotel if you are on business and I think is excellent value.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
AKhorshed, General Manager at Retaj Royale Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Greetings from Retaj Royale Doha…

We are extremely grateful to have received the feedback about your stay. I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us,We have highlighted all the areas which need improvement and conerning the bedside lampe,you will find in your next visit a remote control that it help you to manage all the lights of the room.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Great Place. Spacious room, friendly staff. Loved the free coffee and tea in the lobby .
Location is great. Minutes from Soul Wakif and sea side.
Swimming pool is nice. Parking spaces available . Loved the Iftar and Sohor (was there in Ramadan) .

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Sammy E
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Big rooms, good breakfast, helpful staff, short drive from the airport & souq Wagif.
I stayed 1 night in RETAJ ROYAL, reception was nice, our room was big about 50 square meters + big & nice bathroom. Location is good close to tha airport & Souq Waqif but U should have a car, nothing is around by walking distance. I don’t think it is 5 stars but it is really nice & confirmable. When I get back to Doha I will stay here sure.

Room Tip: all rooms are big & nice
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank ksayar
AKhorshed, General Manager at Retaj Royale Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Greetings from Retaj Royale Doha…

We are extremely grateful to have received the feedback about your stay. I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us.