“Great Hotel In Doha” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #41 of 141 Hotels in Doha
Quebec City, Canada
“Great Hotel In Doha”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

Have stayed there 3 nights in February for a quick tourism trip. The staff is very friendly and nice. Room are nice and clean. I've had an upgrade to a suite and wow it's huge. They even give me free Wifi for the duration of my stay.

The location is excellent being a walking distance from Souq Waqif, Islamic Museum and the Corniche. The free breakfast is very good and have plenty of choice. The pool is also nice if you are with kids.

Highly recommended.

Mat (Quebec)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AKhorshed, General Manager at Retaj Royale Doha, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
First let me thank you for choosing our Hotel while recently visiting Doha and for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are extremely grateful to have received the feedback about your stay. I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Guests comfort and satisfaction is our first priority and we will endeavor to always make your stays as enjoyable as possible.

Please do not hesitate to call on me or any of the Management Team Members, it will be our pleasure to be of any kind of assistance.

Ahmed Khorshed

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Greetings

I was originally suppose to stay for two weeks and have now been a guest for eight months .the service is always friendly and the food good . The reception team are excellent and nothing is to much trouble for them. All the staff make you very welcome , the location is perfect for the business travellor and only a short distance from the airport.
I would highly recommend it.

Mr Kerry Yeomans

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AKhorshed, Manager at Retaj Royale Doha, responded to this review, 24 February 2014

We are extremely grateful to have received the feedback about your stay. I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us, We have highlighted all the areas which need improvement.

Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

This hotel is more aptly a 4 star in my opinion. The rooms are very large and the beds comfortable. The breakfast was fair ( not great quality, healthy choices for me). The TV did not work despite having the tech help get it working twice only to have it quit. The hotel is in an odd location, sort of an alley. Friends who have lived in Doha for 7 years had never heard of ithe hotel and had difficulty finding it (as did our taxi driver). I preferred our stays at two other 5star hotels in Doha over the course of our three weeks here.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank mary f
AKhorshed, General Manager at Retaj Royale Doha, responded to this review, 25 January 2014

We are extremely grateful to have received the feedback about your stay, We have highlighted all the areas which need improvement.

Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

First impressions were good on arrival with friendly reception staff. The room was by British standards, gigantic for a standard double and felt more like a suite. I had a lounge area and a decent desk area to work which was very handy. Clean and modern, the bathroom was verging on luxurious. I went for the buffet every evening and it didn't disappoint, with different dishes each night that were all nice - particularly good was the Oum Ali desert, which was a first for me.

The only downsides - I seemed to have only lukewarm water - but after reporting this I was told they were having pumping issues and I had to leave it running for 10 minutes (literally) for it to get hot, which it did. This didn't really bother me once I knew. In addition I would say the WiFi charges were expensive - in my case my employer was paying but I wouldn't have liked to pay their rates out of my own pocket.

Overall a great stay, I would return.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mike C
AKhorshed, General Manager at Retaj Royale Doha, responded to this review, 23 January 2014

Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

Every thing was excellent, on arrival we had a free upgrade to a large suite, nice and very clean with comfortable bed, very helpful and friendly staff (Special thanks to Mohamed Sadeq), very good breakfast buffet, nice swimming pool and gym. Excellent location near the market (Souq Waqif) and Corniche. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

We are extremely grateful to have received the feedback about your stay. I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us especially your experience with Mr. Mohamed Sadeq, We have highlighted all the areas which need improvement.

Amman, Jordan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

they have very large room , clean, friendly staff, good location near by airport and city center, 3 minutes walking to cornice and Islamic museum art. clean environment all hotel for non smokers. for sure will go there alot

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AKhorshed, General Manager at Retaj Royale Doha, responded to this review, 15 January 2014

Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

We had 22 hour spare in Doha and booked this place as a day room. We had a very spacious room which was great for when in the middle of two flights. The hotel is walking distance from he Cornice and the Islamic Museum of Art.
The hotel was very accommodating given our very odd travel times (arrive 3am, check out 10pm) which wasn't the case with all the hotels I contacted.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple