“Wonderful - must visit”
Review of The St. Regis Doha

The St. Regis Doha
Ranked #10 of 136 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We all know what’s like when travelling on business however staying at the St Regis whilst working in Doha for the past week has been most enjoyable. The taxi transfer from/ to the Hotel is seamless and well managed. The location is ideal for getting into and out of the city (10mins away by cab) and the room is ideal to work from when required with a solid wireless internet connection. A great hotel with very friendly and helpful staff throughout all areas of the large spacious resort providing an excellent level of service; from arriving at check in to the team of domestic staff all of whom display great warmth of character. A special mention to the Jazz at the Lincoln Center folks including Phillip, Golden Boy (real name I cannot spell) and Sonia who have all made my stay memorable. The range of food available in the various restaurants is impressive with something to cater for most palates especially the St. Regis classic “St. Regis Club sandwich” which is made with Middle Eastern herbs and spices from Doha’s spice souk. I will be back and would recommend the hotel to everyone who visits Doha on business or pleasure.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
TareqDerbas, General Manager at The St. Regis Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the wonderful feedback.

I was truly pleased to read your positive comments with regards to the service we provide and the professionalism of our team.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the St Regis Doha in the near future.

Regards

Tareq Derbas

There are newer reviews for The St. Regis Doha

Reviewed 10 March 2013

Ì stayed at the St Regis back in January 2013, completed, in depath a guest satisfaction survey, which was pretty damning, and heard nothing at all back. This totally sums up my experience really, it was appaulling from start to finish, poor construction, cold, hostile environment, poorly trained staff who have no idea how to deal with anything.

Also I would suggest that if you have an open kitchen in your restaurant you train your staff to use gloves whilst handling food and preferably not to pick their nose!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Leslie D
TareqDerbas, General Manager at The St. Regis Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

Thank you very much for your constructive feedback.

It was truly disappointing to read the impressions you had following your stay with us in January.
I would first like to assure you that the feedback received on all the channels (trip advisor, emails, phone calls, letters, and web site) is extremely important to us and this is always analyzed, shared with our teams and often results into future action plans as part of our ongoing quality management program.

The experience you have had with us is not indicative of our high standards here and I would like to apologize on behalf of the entire team for not meeting your expectations. Please rest assured that the department heads with our Director of Training have been tasked with reviewing your remarks and conduct immediate retraining with the team members to ensure our standards are being met and all our guests experience is flawless.

I would much appreciate the opportunity of an in depth discussion towards your remarks if you could please provide me with a phone number and a convenient time for me to contact you. Alternatively and as your schedule permits, please call me at your convenience.

Thank you once again and we do hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to The St Regis Doha.

Regards,

Tareq Derbas

Reviewed 4 March 2013

Is not worth the price paid. Ridicoulous prices for food and beverages, everything is one mile far including rooms.

At the time of check in you get a voucher for 15% discount on restaurants however some restaurants within the premises do not accept this voucher. (!)

At the time of checking out you are offered the possibility to charge your credit card in USD at a rate equivalent to hotel exchange 3.5 (5% below interbank rate).

These gimmicks cannot be implemented in a 5 star hotel and are from another age.

In spite of being close to exhibition center and beach the place is to be avoided by business people.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Thank you very much for the valuable feedback you have provided to us.

It is truly disappointing to read the impressions you had following your recent experience with us.

Here, at The St Regis Doha we are certainly focused on meeting and exceeding our guest’s expectations and it is our aim to provide you with the true value of each product and service established based on a very complex benchmarking process.

If you think it appropriate, I would be much obliged if you could provide me with a phone number and a convenient time in order for us to further discuss your remarks. Alternatively and as your schedule permits, please call me at your convenience.

Thank you once again for your honest feedback.

Reviewed 27 February 2013

I stayed there for one night while attending a conference. The hotel has high aspirations, but failed to meet them. They make a big deal about the individual butler service for the rooms, but I had to call room service twice to ask for a bottle opener. If they are going to put bottles of coke etc in the minibar (as opposed to cans) then either (i) there should be a bottle opener in the room or (ii) the butler should be able to provide one in a timely manner. Thirty minutes was too long. There are a number of restaurants in the hotel. I ate in three of them. Each was an underwhelming experience. Checking out was a painfully protracted process. The finishing in the room was poor in places. For reasons they could not explain, my bill was split between UAE dirhams and Qatari riyals. They more or less refused to call a taxi for an airport transfer but were able to provide a car service (at twice the standard taxi fare). The one true plus point was that the bed and linen were really very good.

Room Tip: Not near an elevator, I could hear them going up and down.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank DubaiStuart
TareqDerbas, General Manager at The St. Regis Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2013

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

It was truly dissapointing to know that we did not meet your expectations and to find out about the delays you encountered during your stay with us.

Allow me to apologize for this less than perfect experience and assure you that we are taking immediate actions towards your remarks.

Here, at The St Regis Doha we are certainly focused on meeting and exceeding our guest’s expectations and clearly we have fallen short of the mark on this occasion for which I would like to apologize and personally assist you with your reservation details on your next visit.

Thank you once again for your constructive feedback and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to The St Regis Doha.

Reviewed 26 February 2013

I recently stayed here for six days on a business trip and thoroughly enjoyed it. The hotel itself is lovely, as are the staff. It is right on the ocean providing a lovely view from many of the rooms.

The majority of the food delivered via room service left me slightly underwhelmed, the (alcohol-free) berry mojito, which I prefer without sugar, is amazing. I can't wait to go back to have another!

The spa is fantastic. Mary Beth gives amazing massages (as do the other women I have had there) and the full body scrubs are decadently fantastic. I thoroughly enjoyed myself here and will definitely be back to stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Thank you very much for the wonderful feedback with regards to your recent experience with us.
I am truly delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us, the spa treatments and the services provided by your staff. It is always gratifying for us to receive such remarks as this gives us the opportunity to show our team that their efforts are truly appreciated by our guests.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the St Regis Doha in the near future.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

My girlfriend and I needed a couple of days of sun and relaxation, and having been to Dubai already we opted to travel to Doha - less to see than Dubai, but sun guaranteed ...

We arrived at the hotel in the early evening and were met by a friendly and professional staff. Check-in went smoothly and ten minutes later, we were in our room.

We had a suite on the 3rd floor with a view to the sea - stunning room, spacious bathroom, fantastic walk-in closet ... amenities were fantastic, and following our arrival, we were introduced to the butlers. Exceptionally friendly, timely - catered to our every need (as did the concierge services)! We ended up using them quite a bit for small as well as big things - no complaints from our end.

Pool area was great, the water being heated. There was an abundance of staff, no doubt given that the "touristy" season was just about to start.

The hotel sports a numbers of great restaurants - two Gordon Ramsey's, a cool Lebanese and a very trendy Chinese/Cantonese (much like Budhakhan or Spice Market in NY) called Hakkasan. All were super, but the pick was actually the brunch at Vine - rich in variety, excellent produce and anything you want ...

The gym at the St. Regis is state of the art, and especially the Eastern European trainer was a delight.

We spent a couple of afternoons "downtown" Doha, at the Pearl and watching tennis at the Doha Open, but in all fairness we could easily have opted to not venture outside the hotel resort - it was just that fantastic.

If we decide to come back to Doha, we know were we will be staying!

Thank you St. Regis!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

I was truly impressed to read how much you appreciated the services provided by our team, the pool, gym and room facilities and particularly the Vine experience for which I would like to thank you very much.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and we are very much looking forward to welcome you back to St Regis in the near future.

Reviewed 21 February 2013

I tried to stay in St. Regis since my husband and I are celebrating our anniversary, valentine's day and his birthday. And here how it goes:

ROOM RESERVATION:
I personally dropped by the hotel to make my own booking and I have this receptionist under the name of KAY. She is very kind and helpful in assisting me to find a better room for me and my husband. But to my surprise, when i asked her what they could offer for such celebration, she told me that if I get a suite, they could arrange complimentary flower set-up for me (ex.bathtub w/ rose petals) but if i will only avail a room, additional set-up will be of additional costs. But they could give me a cake amenity since it's my husbands birthday. For such 5 star hotel, these ocassions must be one-of-kind-experience for the guest. No candle and no rose petals in the bed because the bed sheet is pure white, same as with carpet. So as guest, what do you want us to do? I know that the receptionist has nothing to do with this. For sure, it's the hotel policy!

CHECK-IN:
Room is ready when i arrived since I requested for an early arrival upon reservation. Check in was done in a few seconds. And Kay is the one who escorted me up to the room. I was surprised when she prepared some balloons for me inside the room. When i asked her if it's for additional charge, she told me that it's her gift for me and my husband's anniversary. Room arrangement was very nice. Aside from the balloons and cake that I brought from my side, her effort made the ocassion very special. I know that no other person will do the same thing. She's the one who helped me to decorate my room. I know it's not part of her job, but she made it exceptional for me!!!

ROOM COMMENT:
Cake amenity is very small (seems that it's only for 1 person). No extra effort from the hotel side regarding room decoration (not even a single special folded towel made only for valentine's day). But the room itself is very nice. And my room is with a nice pool and sea view.

Over all, it's a not so perfect stay but it's the staff service that matters at the end. I will definitely visit again in this hotel but hopefully the next time, there will be improvements regarding some points that I've mentioned in this review.

Room Tip: Grand Deluxe Room with Solo Terrace (it comes with pool view and sea view)
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your remarks with regards to your recent experience with us.

I was very pleased to read your positive comments regarding the overall friendliness experienced from our team and particularly the assistance received from Kay on this very special occasion. It is always gratifying for us to receive such feedback as this gives us the opportunity to show our team that their efforts are truly appreciated by our guests.

Whilst I was delighted to know that you appreciated the design of our rooms and the view, I was disappointed to find out that the cake amenity and the decorations did not meet your expectations. Please rest assured that we have taken on board all your comments and will look into the opportunity of improving this in the future.

Thank you very much once again for your constructive feedback and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to The St. Regis Doha in the not too distant future.