“Top notch hotel...”

Ranked #7 of 131 Hotels in Doha
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Top notch hotel...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

Stayed here last week and the experience was wonderful from the moment we entered the premises.

Check-in was quick, friendly and a room upgrade...gratuis!

We were given a 4 hour free usage of wifi certificate which I barely used, otherwise there is a steep fee for Internet usage.

The room on the 11th floor offered us an excellent view of The Pearl. The room itself was modern, spacious and beautiful with a generously sized bathroom. A 40 inch lcd tv, ipod enabled audio and a generously stocked fridge was a nice addition.

The bed was la piece de resistance! It was extremely comfortable.

Despite all the pluses I can't give the place 5 stars as we were interrupted with the fire alarm beginning at 11pm onwards for 90 plus minutes. I called twice to the front desk and there was no answer. I had to call the emergency number to get a response where I was assured that the alarm would stop shortly...it lasted another 30 minutes!

One thing I should also mention, we booked via bookings.com and breakfast which is 150QR per head wasn't included. I was told that had I gone via their own website, which was only slightly higher priced, we would have rec'd breakfast.

It's $$$, but would return for that special occasion.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
TareqDerbas, General Manager at The St. Regis Doha, responded to this review, 14 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback you have shared following your recent experience with us.

It is truly a pleasure to know that you appreciated the hotel’s facilities and that you found our team to be friendly and welcoming.

We do apologize for the inconveniences you encountered with the fire alarm and would like to assure you that your comments on it have been taken on board and will be addressed.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to The St Regis Doha in the not too distant future.

Regards,

Tareq Derbas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Al Khor, Qatar
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

I might never book in this hotel again, not much is wrong with it but I had a neutral feeling. Checking in took ages. No escort to the suite, even though its the John Jacob. No refreshments at reception or upon arrival to the suite. I requested arrangments for birthday, like cake and flowers: the cake was so small you feel guilty to eat it, and you could barely see the flowers, their arranging of flowers is awful and terrible and they made me pay for it. The suite is okay, regular furniture, too much empty space. Bathroom and bed are wonderful. In room dining is also amazing. THE BUTLER, I read about it everywhere related to St. Regis before I book and at the hotel no one bothered to explain what actually this is and how it can add to your comfort. He is a person supposed to serve you, I had to read the information book to know that. Elsewhere, a butler greets you upon arrival with fruits and drinks and details of his services. It was an expensive night, I was hoping for a better experience, or at least a professional one. However, it's nothing near what you pay for.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank abdulaziz_alnaimi
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback.

Whilst i was glad to read that you appreciated the in room dining service, bathroom and bed, i was disspointed to find out that we did not meet your expectations in certain areas.

Please rest assured that your remarks regarding the Butler Service Experience, Check In process, and the special occasion arrangements have been reviewed with our management teams and we are taking immediate actions to improve it.

We do strive to offer the best services thus i would much appreciate the opportunity of an an in-depth discussion towards your observations on your next visit.

Thank you very much once again for taking the time and effort to share your impressions with us and please contact me directly on your next visit and it will be my pleasure to personally assist you with the reservation.

Regards
Qatar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

I heard about St Regis being the best hotel in Doha, and this was confirmed when I stayed in it last month.

The rooms are spacious, clean, the hotel is well located and the service is top notch.

The beach is great, so is the swimming pool and the other facilities.

The hotel is a bit more expensive compared to the other 5 stars hotels around, but if you are willing to pay more to get a better experience during your stay then why not.

• Stayed June 2013
TareqDerbas, General Manager at The St. Regis Doha, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for a great feedback.

It was truly a pleasure to read how much you appreciated the design of our hotel and the services we provide and to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The St Regis Doha very soon.

With kind regards,

Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

Found the hotel with elegance and first class materials, very impressive set up of things specially in the rooms.Staff's are friendly and approachable,very helpful and respectful.The hotel has a very pleasant atmosphere and well cleaned sorrounding.Hotel service are quick and updated.Hotel rooms are spacious and very comfortable.Foods in the restaurant are delicious and lots of food varieties.Swimming pools and beaches are clean.The hotel itself is worth staying.

Room Tip: Corner suites are larger and sunny.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback.

It is truly pleasing to know how much you appreciated the design of our hotel, the cleanliness, the overall atmosphere and the team. It is always gratifying for us to receive such positive comments as this gives us the opportunity to show our Associates that their efforts are truly appreciated by our guests.

Thank you once again and looking forward to your next visit.

Regards,
Bulgaria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

My wife and I stayed here for our 25th Anniversary. Doha is awash with '5 star' hotels, many of which are not worthy of the rating; the St Regis does,however, live up to the tradition of its New York older brother. The rooms are well-appointed and tastefully furnished (a rarity in this part of the world), including such extras as a pillow menu. The butler service is excellent; unobtrusive but available 24hrs to deal with any requirements or problems. The room service menu is comprehensive and reasonably priced; I should mention the hand-stitched cotton tea bags which may seem trivial but reflect the attention to detail noticeable through out the hotel. Standards of service, accommodation and facilities are the criteria by which hotels are judged and the St Regis comes up trumps on all three. For lunch we ate at Opal, the Gordon Ramsay bistro, which was as good an experience as a month earlier and the best value in Doha. Definitely a recommended place to stay.

Room Tip: It's worth paying a little extra for the balcony
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
TareqDerbas, General Manager at The St. Regis Doha, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of The St Regis Doha, we would like to thank you for the great feedback you have provided and for taking the time and effort to share your impressions with us via Trip Advisor.

We are very glad that you have enjoyed your stay and satisfied with the services and facilities of the hotel.

Thank you once again and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to the St Regis Doha in the not too distant future.

Best Regards,
Doha
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

Amazing service! Top quality food! State of the art facilities....

I have to say that my stay at the St Regis started really in a bad way....As previously agreed (corporate, email booking), arrived at the hotel to check-in at 1pm, I was advised the room was not ready yet (Deluxe room with Balcony) and needed to wait till 6pm, I was a bit upset about it, the receptionist, Joyce, kindly offered me a free lunch while needed to wait for the room which was upgraded - free of charge - to a junior suite with balcony! I checked-in around 3pm.

The room: , huge, very clean, the bed was great, the bathroom was excellent.....the view amazing!

Food: Have tried the Vine, the Lebeanese resturants and the private dining .... all were top quality!

The service: truly professional freindly well-trained staff!

Highly recommended.... will come back again! Thank you :)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
TareqDerbas, General Manager at The St. Regis Doha, responded to this review, 29 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are always appreciative of this feedback as we use this as an opportunity to show our Associates that their efforts are truly appreciated by our guests and us alike. As such we have shared your feedback with the team via our Associate noticeboard. We also have an Associate recognition program and the Associate mentioned will be rewarded through this recognition program based on your feedback.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Best Regards,
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

Looking at the exterior of the hotel there is nothing to talk about its architecture, but once inside it is a really beautiful hotel with excellent facilities and service, at least a notch or two better than the best 5-star hotels I have stayed at in my travels. I even used my butler and asked him to run an errand for me, and he actually sent a car out to buy the items I wanted, I was truly impressed with the room lighting, you can choose between 'Reading', 'Cozy', 'Movie', 'Wake Up' and 'All/Off'. There are so many other pluses in the hotel such as the wonderful buffet in the restaurant 'Vine'; you have to stay here to have the experience you will find hard to forget.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Chris997
TareqDerbas, General Manager at The St. Regis Doha, responded to this review, 22 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the great feedback following your recent experience with us.
I was truly delighted to know how much you enjoyed your stay with us in particular with the hotel facilities, the Butler Service and your buffet experience in Vine restaurant.

Regards